What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Away games

I'll be in Austin for the weekend to see the TU game. Anyone know of a meeting place for Buffs fans in Austin?...

I'll be in Austin for the weekend to see the TU game. Anyone know of a meeting place for Buffs fans in Austin?...

The Texas chapter of the CU Alumni association always throws a big tailgate. It's either on a tennis court or in a gymnasium a few blocks away from the stadium. I'm guessing ~400 CU fans showed up the last few games, with a good mixture from Houston, Dallas, Austin and people making the road trip. The location is pretty hermetically sealed from the rest of the UT scene.

This time around, I'm going to explore the UT tail gate scene to attempt to get a better feel for game day in Austin.

sounds good. As LB and I will drive too, we can bring tailgate gear & supplies also. Who knows, but Oct. we may have a pretty decent size crowd going.

I'll talk to LB on how she wants to work the tickets...

i have had great success with stubhub and craigslist. it scored us box seats last year, and it is always under face value. do you feel comfortable with that, sacky? if not, we had better have you grab the tix.

seeing Arkansas play ATM at jerry world... and wanting to go to the UT game as well. Don't know how I can justify going to texas twice tho :puke:

seeing Arkansas play ATM at jerry world... and wanting to go to the UT game as well. Don't know how I can justify going to texas twice tho :puke:

Just don't be bringing any H1N1 with you. We'll lock you up.

Buff Club meetup last year was at a bar called Third Base. Of course, now that the actual game will be in Austin I assume most of those folks will be at the stadium as well. I've seen plenty of tailgate action on and across from campus, not sure where the visiting fans get their space though. Will be sure to find out and see my fellow Buff fans around that weekend.

sacky, lb, ubt....its far off, but i wouldnt be opposed to going to the KSU game. we are going to need all the fans we can get, even though we should destroy them. i'm sure i could scrounge up a few guys to meet ya'll there and have a fun gaiter. keep me posted.

sacky, lb, ubt....its far off, but i wouldnt be opposed to going to the KSU game. we are going to need all the fans we can get, even though we should destroy them. i'm sure i could scrounge up a few guys to meet ya'll there and have a fun gaiter. keep me posted.

sounds good!

i have had great success with stubhub and craigslist. it scored us box seats last year, and it is always under face value. do you feel comfortable with that, sacky? if not, we had better have you grab the tix.

I don't think we'll have any issues getting tickets to the game. KSU sucks pondwater and I doubt it will be sold out. However, I like to get my tickets through the CUAD when I can because they have a certain number they are supposed to sell.

I've never been to Ames nor Columbia for a CU game either. Mizzou is on my 2010 to do list. Ames is on the docket for 2011. Maybe I'll see you there.

I'll keep going back to Lawrence and Austin until I see the Buffs win. Man, a victory @UT this year would be huge. It's depressing to start planning for 2013 already.:sad1:

All the rest of the B12 is checked off.

I'm thinking Lawrence and Columbia are on my agenda for next season. No road games this year unfortunately.

I don't think we'll have any issues getting tickets to the game. KSU sucks pondwater and I doubt it will be sold out. However, I like to get my tickets through the CUAD when I can because they have a certain number they are supposed to sell.

Plus, you'd be more likely to sit with other CU fans that way.
You buy off stub hub, ebay, etc. and you can be sitting alone in the sea of opposition. Might be good seats, but not always a good time.

Plus, you'd be more likely to sit with other CU fans that way.
You buy off stub hub, ebay, etc. and you can be sitting alone in the sea of opposition. Might be good seats, but not always a good time.

:yeahthat:

Brings back memories of the Miami, FL game where I thought we were in the middle of a war zone. Bad memories. I won't go through that again. :gun:

:yeahthat:

Brings back memories of the Miami, FL game where I thought we were in the middle of a war zone. Bad memories. I won't go through that again. :gun:

One lone jayhawk fan at mizzou. Not something I want to experience.
Pretty tacky fan behavior, but about what I'd expect.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqs3QQTEt-M"]YouTube - Stupid GayHawk[/ame]

same guy different camera
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2cW2MX1_8"]YouTube - KU Student Gets Desecrated At Sun Bowl[/ame]

Hopefully WVU, although my wife won't be able to get off of work so it's up in the air at this point. So if anyone has an extra ticket they need to seel I could easily be coerced into driving up there. :smile2:

I may make it back for a home game this year if my son ends up transferring to CU. :dance:

FWIW, I had zero issues when I was in Columbia in 2006. Granted the colors are basically the same, so I think the Mizzou fans are not quite as harsh as they would be to those dressed in red, purple or blue.

The kid was in the student section, a recipe for disaster, imo.

But I'd rather have a group of 6-8 CU people around and just watch the game.

And that was just crossing the street to get the stadium...

And that was just crossing the street to get the stadium...

Bah - the area around the OB wasn't nearly as bad as legend would have you believe. It was in a working class neighborhood, not unlike the West Denver neighborhood where Invesco is located.

No, the problems we had stemmed from the fact that we were seated in an area that had both CU and UM fans. A lot of the UM fans were nothing more than low grade trash, who were picking fights with the CU folks all throughout the game. Once the game ended, there was a brawl and we were caught right in the middle of it.

Will be at WVA and UT this year! The UT will be my son's first road trip with his old dad. Wife and I are going out to WVA.

Will be at WVA and UT this year! The UT will be my son's first road trip with his old dad. Wife and I are going out to WVA.

Can someone clarify that they were already able to get tix for the game already? I checked cubuffs.com and info shows that tix are not on sale till Aug 3rd.. So are posters just saying they will be in Austin at any cost regardless they don't have tix yet?

Can someone clarify that they were already able to get tix for the game already? I checked cubuffs.com and info shows that tix are not on sale till Aug 3rd.. So are posters just saying they will be in Austin at any cost regardless they don't have tix yet?

Priority point level has gotten me tickets to every game I have ever requested them for. Season ticket holders were able to request tickets a while back (even on the season ticket order form I believe). Do not have a confirmation as of yet, but I will get the tickets.

My son is driving to Austin for the game and might have a couple seats open. Although 5 people in a 99 Camray could be a little crowded?

Do we ever sell out our full allotments for away games?? I know in 2007 we did for ASU (I dropped the ball on that one and had to buy my seat through ASU), but otherwise it seems like there's always been tix available for away games...

I would like to make the KSU game this year. Anybody want to road trip out there? Maybe spend a night or two in Salina? I realize Salina isn't the hottest spot on the radar, but I want to get all the Big 12 stadiums in at some point or another, and KSU is the most convenient this year.

I will be at the ksu game. Salina claims to have the largest strip club in the midwest. We tried to go one night, but it was closed (sunday):sad2:

We should leave the Big XII simply because the away game destinations are so ****ing ****ty.

Back