What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

B12, I guess we know where Bohn stands now

I don't know why he needs to say anything right now - there goes any leverage we have/had and now who knows how that could change or alter any potential Pac 10 offer. I wish he would have just kept his big mouth shut until everything shakes out with the big 10 situation.

A John Henderson article that leads off by quoting de facto B12 commissioner DeLoss Dodd about the perpetuation of the conference. What an outstanding way to start the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are getting their panties in a wad over nothing. This crap has been all over the spectrum for months. Just the other day, the Cal chancellor was saying there is something big on the horizon in the Pac 10 that will change the landscape of college athletics, and that they have a few schools they are seriously considering. What is Mike Bohn supposed to say when he is down in the Big 12 meetings? "This place sucks and we are leaving at the drop of a hat. **** Texas."? While that would be completely hilarious, it ain't happening.

People are getting their panties in a wad over nothing. This crap has been all over the spectrum for months. Just the other day, the Cal chancellor was saying there is something big on the horizon in the Pac 10 that will change the landscape of college athletics, and that they have a few schools they are seriously considering. What is Mike Bohn supposed to say when he is down in the Big 12 meetings? "This place sucks and we are leaving at the drop of a hat. **** Texas."? While that would be completely hilarious, it ain't happening.

I wouldn't have said anything. If he was pressed on the issue he should have just stuck with the party line that CU is currently a proud member of the Big XII conference. -- Period, end of sentence and don't say anything else. I don't think it was wise to say that the Big XII is the best fit for CU because if CU does bolt for the Pac 10, then it opens the door for more questions going forward and could make the Pac 10 members feel that their conference is plan B for Colorado which could hurt any offers/invitations. I'm sure there is lots of behind the scenes things going on and Mike Bohn knows a lot of stuff we don't but I just would have liked him to keep the leverage we had up to this point with not leaning to far one way or the other.

Im glad he said that, I hate California schools, and I will be really happy if the Big 12 stays together.

MB would be my choice for AD for life if he had us join the Pac 10 and the last thing he said was **** Texas.

Mike Bohn is not very bright.
Look at his 2 biggest decisions as an AD:
CU fans overwhelmingly support a move to Pac X.
CU fans overwhelmingly support firing Dan Hawkins.
And what do we get? Neither.
He should quit. We need leadership now, not an oversized biscuit that says "Awesome" all the time while slightly yelling when talking.
If he wanted to fire Hawkins and DoucheStefano and Benson overruled him, he should have quit on the spot.
We are in a rudderless boat with no leadership in the most dynamic NCAA environment of all time.
And we have Biscuit and Hawk leading the charge.
I hate my alma mater right now. This is too painful.

did yall ever think that one of two things might have happened... either the pac-10 thing blew up... or nothing has changed and he's just putting up a screen

Everyone calm down on Mike Bohn on THIS issue... It isn't his and only his decision to make the move, Benson DiStephano, board, etc factor into this decision. If they don't allow us to leave MB has to play nice and play political with the Big 12, we can't burn the bridge we are currently standing on, whether we like it our not we don't have the clout or all around university support like Texas to talk like they have during this. All we know is speculation, so as for now the Pac 10 may have had 0 talks with MB because he isn't the one they have to get the ok from. Now as far as Hawkins and everything else in the Athletic Department that is screwed up, fire away at MB.

Classic. No idea why you guys are so angry from what is said there. He completely qualified his statement.

1. CU wants to go to the PacX.

2. CU wants to get as good of a deal as possible.

The best way to make this happen on the best terms we can get is to a) make the Pac feel we would be happy staying in the Big 12, and, b) not alienate the rest of the Big 12 by bad-mouthing the conference and leaving in a low-class way.

Mike Bohn is handling this exactly right.

The best way to make this happen on the best terms we can get is to a) make the Pac feel we would be happy staying in the Big 12, and, b) not alienate the rest of the Big 12 by bad-mouthing the conference and leaving in a low-class way.

This.

or nothing has changed and he's just putting up a screen

That's what I think this is. Look, a move is still in the cards. I'm sure he talked to the Pac-10 and knows the score and said what he said because he already knows what is happening. Mizzou could be gone within the month. IF that happens, then CU can go to the Pac-10 in July and Bohn can say "Well, we wanted to stick around, but Mizzou left and we felt a time for change was needed."

While I'm OK with a Pac move... honestly and realistically, the Big 12 staying together is probably the best thing for CU. I know our west-coasters on here hate to hear that, but that's likely the case. That said, that's only "as it stands now" which is why I think Bohn said what he did.

I want the dominoes to start falling too but we've just got to stay patient.

:iagree:

In other words Bohn said "No comment" which is exactly what he should say. We don't know what is going on. The PAC 10, even if an offer has been proposed or discussed doesn't want a member who will throw their fellow conference schools under the bus.

Bohn is making sure not to burn any bridges, even if an offer has been made this is the best way to handle it.

That's what I think this is. Look, a move is still in the cards. I'm sure he talked to the Pac-10 and knows the score and said what he said because he already knows what is happening. Mizzou could be gone within the month. IF that happens, then CU can go to the Pac-10 in July and Bohn can say "Well, we wanted to stick around, but Mizzou left and we felt a time for change was needed."

While I'm OK with a Pac move... honestly and realistically, the Big 12 staying together is probably the best thing for CU. I know our west-coasters on here hate to hear that, but that's likely the case. That said, that's only "as it stands now" which is why I think Bohn said what he did.

I want the dominoes to start falling too but we've just got to stay patient.

I completly agree, as it is now the Big 12 is where Colorado belongs, but as things start to fall, we will leave, as will likley a big portion of the Big 12 (NU, UT, etc.) I would rather CU go to the Big 10, as I have said before, I hate California schools, but I think we will be reactive, not proactive in any moves.

The key is connecting with our alumni base. Our current disconnect is the main reason for our middling AD budget, middling facilities and middling coach salaries. A move to the Big 10 would be disasterous as we'd disconnect from our Texas and Plains alums and move even farther from our western alums. Short term gain due to the B10 tv revenue, but long-term AD killer.

A Pac that expands into Texas (now or later) is the ideal situation for CU.

When Texas says we're better off in the Big 12, you can pretty much translate that to "they would be smart to jump first and they would screw us if they did." F Texas. This had better be Bohn's poker face.

The key is connecting with our alumni base. Our current disconnect is the main reason for our middling AD budget, middling facilities and middling coach salaries. A move to the Big 10 would be disasterous as we'd disconnect from our Texas and Plains alums and move even farther from our western alums. Short term gain due to the B10 tv revenue, but long-term AD killer.

A Pac that expands into Texas (now or later) is the ideal situation for CU.

true.... as much as I hate that presence in Texas is good for CU...

true.... as much as I hate that presence in Texas is good for CU...

It really is. I live in Texas Jr. and was born in Texas Sr. so I don't get on with all the hate on UT (though I TOTALLY understand it). The fact is, a Pac with Texas in it means CU could have a leg in Cali and one in Texas. It would be the absolute best-case in terms of presence. That said, I like the idea of a Pac-12 with Utah and just focusing on the west.

I'm just happy to know that DeLoss Dodds is now speaking for the CU AD. Pure awesome...NOT!

While I'm still pissed at Benson and DiStefano for overriding Bohn on Hawkins - here's a situation where I REALLY hope they override him again, assuming Bohn truly believes we are better off in the Big 12.

Exactly. I don't see how folks are saying he gave up our leverage with that statement. He gives up our leverage by alienating us from the Big XII, not by making it seem like a viable option that we will need to be persuaded to leave.

This.

That

:iagree:

In other words Bohn said "No comment" which is exactly what he should say. We don't know what is going on. The PAC 10, even if an offer has been proposed or discussed doesn't want a member who will throw their fellow conference schools under the bus.

Bohn is making sure not to burn any bridges, even if an offer has been made this is the best way to handle it.

:stupid:

Exactly. I don't see how folks are saying he gave up our leverage with that statement. He gives up our leverage by alienating us from the Big XII, not by making it seem like a viable option that we will need to be persuaded to leave.
:nod:

:gobuffs:

When Texas says we're better off in the Big 12, you can pretty much translate that to "they would be smart to jump first and they would screw us if they did." F Texas. This had better be Bohn's poker face.

Can't read his, can't read his, no you can't read his poker face... :smile2:

This.

There's nothing at all wrong with what Bohn said here. Look, he is the AD of a school in the Big 12 conference - for now. To imply otherwise or to say things that might lead the casual observer to come to the conclusion that he's not happy here would be unbelievably stupid on his part. He is handling this situation exactly the way he should. We should be applauding him here, not criticizing.

This.

There's nothing at all wrong with what Bohn said here. Look, he is the AD of a school in the Big 12 conference - for now. To imply otherwise or to say things that might lead the casual observer to come to the conclusion that he's not happy here would be unbelievably stupid on his part. He is handling this situation exactly the way he should. We should be applauding him here, not criticizing.

I read OKC's thread about the fuskers knowing something was about to happen. One of the stories he linked to was from Google News that had Bohn's statement too. However, in the context of that article (compared to the Hack Henderson's article) Bohn's statement comes across as exactly the right thing to say...we're in the Big 12 now, and therefore remain committed to it's success...

BUT - if the **** starts to fly, we're going to do what's best for numero uno and **** everyone else.

Still hate that statement by Dodds at the front end of Henderson's article though...

I read OKC's thread about the fuskers knowing something was about to happen. One of the stories he linked to was from Google News that had Bohn's statement too. However, in the context of that article (compared to the Hack Henderson's article) Bohn's statement comes across as exactly the right thing to say...we're in the Big 12 now, and therefore remain committed to it's success...

BUT - if the **** starts to fly, we're going to do what's best for numero uno and **** everyone else.

Still hate that statement by Dodds at the front end of Henderson's article though...

I am probably giving Henderson to much credit, considering his past efforts that would be very easy to do, but he is an Oregon grad and from a football perspective Oregon is the school with the most to lose if CU joins the PAC. Oregon right now is making its recruiting living off kids who want to leave southern California but still want to play enough games there for their families and friends to see them. CU historically has competed directly with Oregon for a lot of recruits and the deciding factor for many has been the attraction of 2-3 games a year in California. Put CU in the PAC and a lot of those kids choose the Buffs.

Mike Bohn is not very bright.
Look at his 2 biggest decisions as an AD:
CU fans overwhelmingly support a move to Pac X.
CU fans overwhelmingly support firing Dan Hawkins.
And what do we get? Neither.
He should quit. We need leadership now, not an oversized biscuit that says "Awesome" all the time while slightly yelling when talking.
If he wanted to fire Hawkins and DoucheStefano and Benson overruled him, he should have quit on the spot.
We are in a rudderless boat with no leadership in the most dynamic NCAA environment of all time.
And we have Biscuit and Hawk leading the charge.
I hate my alma mater right now. This is too painful.

I dont think you know what leadership means.

Back