What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Back on the Hawkins bandwagon

the game that completely turned it for me with barnett was the 70-3 loss to ut. at that point he had clearly lost his team.

i don't think hawk is there yet with this team...but he might be teetering on the edge of oblivion with them. that is the real tipping point; how the team responds to this...

i was watching d scott on the sidelines after coming off the field from his runbacks on sunday. it appeared to me that he was getting frustrated, and in the background, not interacting with his team mates. maybe i am reading too much into that, or mis-interpreting it, but that is not a good sign to me.

on a personal and emotional level for me this loss was close to that texas loss as a single game disappointment...i had bought into the off-season hype and was really excited to see some improvement. the lack of excitement and urgency shown by the coaches and the team really pissed me off.

as a season ticket holder and a donor, it is gonna take a lot of redemption very quickly to turn me back around in hawk's favor. and it needs to start now...this week...on friday night.

i'm not saying it can't be done...8 wins and a decent bowl appearance would go a long way toward keeping me satisfied that we are improving. that is all i am really looking for this year at this point.

and that is not too much to ask for, based on the kinds of statements that have been coming out of the athletic department this past year.

i'll always support the buffs at the student-athlete level, and at the educational level. i believe in the greatness of the university and try to contribute as much as i can to see that greatness brought to the national spotlight.

they need to start giving us our money's worth...

I am off the bandwagon. I want us to have a coach who causes our team to be the most physical team on the field. I want 100% effort for the entire game and just hit the other team so hard that even if we lose the other team never forgets the physical beating that we gave them.

My expectations going into the season were 8 wins. If they manage that, I'll be back on the Hawk bandwagon. I have a real hard time believing they can get there after what I saw on Sunday night, though.

If we lose to Toledo I am done with Hawkins, he had me at "hello" but he will lose me if Cody throws over 30 times Friday night.

My expectations going into the season were 8 wins. If they manage that, I'll be back on the Hawk bandwagon. I have a real hard time believing they can get there after what I saw on Sunday night, though.

That's pretty much where I am, too. I expected 8 wins, and CSU was one of those. They have a long way to go to get there now, and they're not even going to come close unless they pick up the level of play.

We lost to a team with a 2nd year coach, inferior talent, new starting QB...at home on national television. And we didn't just lose - we were never really in the game.

I look back to the 2001 season when we laid an egg at home to Fresno on opening night, but turned the season around and won the Big 12. I suppose that's still possible which gives me some hope, but nothing I saw on Sunday leads me to believe they can do it.

To me, 8 wins and a North title is what it takes. I'll never jump off the Buff bandwagon, but I have less confidence today in the driver.

For this year, I just want to see them get to a bowl game. Do that, and I'll be appeased. Don't even have to win it, just get to one, we clearly need the extra practices. If it's another sub .500 season, I'll be ok with firing him.

Something else that would sure be nice would be to kick somebody's ass. ANYONE, I don't care who. Come out and look like the better prepared team FOR ONCE. Since beating CSU rather handily last year we have played 12 games. We're 4-8, and look at the 4 wins:

Barely beat a 1-AA, at home
Barely beat a disorganized WV team, at home.
Barely beat KSU at home.
Barely beat ISU at home, needing a huge comeback.

:bang:

We lost to a team with a 2nd year coach, inferior talent, new starting QB...at home on national television. And we didn't just lose - we were never really in the game.

I look back to the 2001 season when we laid an egg at home to Fresno on opening night, but turned the season around and won the Big 12. I suppose that's still possible which gives me some hope, but nothing I saw on Sunday leads me to believe they can do it.

To me, 8 wins and a North title is what it takes. I'll never jump off the Buff bandwagon, but I have less confidence today in the driver.

i thought about that game in comparison too. fresno state was a much more solid team than csu, imo...and we lost that game because of a bad mistake on a single play in the endzone. we were in that game...sunday we weren't even close...

Alternate scenario:

CSU is the surprise team of the year in college football and runs the table. They get shut out of the title game because they're in the MWC, but go on to beat USC in the Fiesta Bowl. I might be willing to give Hawk a pass for losing to CSU under these circumstances...oh, and we win at least 8.

Alternate scenario:

CSU is the surprise team of the year in college football and runs the table. They get shut out of the title game because they're in the MWC, but go on to beat USC in the Fiesta Bowl. I might be willing to give Hawk a pass for losing to CSU under these circumstances...oh, and we win at least 8.

That would work for me. Highly unlikely though.

The Fresno game was bad early - down 14-0 before a punt return TD got us back in that game. Scotty's fumble was huge vs. CSU, alot like Ochs' pick in the end zone vs. Fresno. Really bad start to a great season in 2001.

Don't forget 1986 - started 0-4 and still made a bowl game, beat Nebraska.

Don't freak out people. If we lose Friday, freak out. I for one think we're going to play really well vs. Toledo.

There are a lot of very unlikely scenarios that would necessitate many of us getting back on the bandwagon. Nevertheless, if they do somehow manage to come to pass, we'll be there, drinking the kool-aid once again.

There are a lot of very unlikely scenarios that would necessitate many of us getting back on the bandwagon. Nevertheless, if they do somehow manage to come to pass, we'll be there, drinking the kool-aid once again.
:stupid:

I am begging hawk to give us some goddamn kool aid. the well is dry tho.

The only way I get back on the Hawkins bandwagon is if we make a bowl game and have a winning season. A repeat of 2007 where we went to a bowl game but still had a losing record wouldn't be tolerated. Seven wins min.

Officially still on the bandwagon. Hawk has this season to show me he can field a team that can play the way respectable BCS teams play. We need to excute well/cleanly like our players know what to do. We need to physically dominate lower tier teams. We need to play with fire and tenacity against teams when we are overmatched talent wise. We need to consistently do this each week. He has 11 more games to show me this.

The ice is thin but Hawk is not wet yet in my book.

Back