What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baer and LaRussa to UNLV

Also, these guys were "fired" as a pair, and have now been hired at UNLV as a pair. No way that Baer was fired and LaRussa voluntarily left and took another position at the same place - at the same moment - as Baer.

my hope is that mm has a plan to bring in a replacement dc and that dc asked to bring a key guy with and therefore mm had to make the second slot available to get the guy he wanted at dc. or something like that.

that would be a nice shiny diamond for us.

my hope is that mm has a plan to bring in a replacement dc and that dc asked to bring a key guy with and therefore mm had to make the second slot available to get the guy he wanted at dc. or something like that.

You are forgetting something, we can't have nice things.

Which is why there´s zilch chance of it happening.

we can have nice things. we are due. dammit. we have wandered in the desert long enough.

miracle at michigan
rocket clipping call
5th down

it has been forever since we had some genuine good luck.

i want a real, big time dc and a real big time recruiting assistant and i want them to bring about 6 bluechips with them.

and i want it now.

now, i say.

now.

Also, these guys were "fired" as a pair, and have now been hired at UNLV as a pair. No way that Baer was fired and LaRussa voluntarily left and took another position at the same place - at the same moment - as Baer.

We dont know that. I thought LaRussa was tight with HCMM, but maybe he's Baer's protegy? Baer is like a couple years at most from retiring, probably in Las Vegas where all ex-LDS members retire. :lol:

Isn't LaRussa married to Bernardi's daughter? LaRussa is a native of NV and went to college in Souther Utah which is basically a couple hours outside Las Vegas.

LaRussa broke into Division I coaching as a defensive graduate assistant at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas under head coach Mike Sanford. In four seasons from 2005-08, at one time he worked with the linemen, linebackers and secondary during his tenure, while also serving as was UNLV's assistant special teams coordinator, assistant video coordinator and assistant strength and conditioning coach. -from CUbuffs.com

This is a huge opportunity for MacIntyre to re-invent the defensive staff.

He needs to capitalize in a big way.
Absolutely. He has money and a mutliyear to get a great pick.

Possibilities: Barry Odom from Memphis, Todd Orlando from Utah State, Todd Grantham from Louisville.

This is good news. Looking forward to some staff changes. I really like Walters as a recruiting coordinator, but a new star recruiter and a big time DC would do wonders for the program.

The encouraging thing to me is that it shows Mac has set a higher bar and isn't a settler. It also sends a message to the staff and even players that last year was not acceptable. Hooray for Mac!!!

We dont know that. I thought LaRussa was tight with HCMM, but maybe he's Baer's protegy? Baer is like a couple years at most from retiring, probably in Las Vegas where all ex-LDS members retire. :lol:

Isn't LaRussa married to Bernardi's daughter? LaRussa is a native of NV and went to college in Souther Utah which is basically a couple hours outside Las Vegas.

When they showed Kent Baer calling plays from the booth I believe LaRussa was up there with him (Klay Adams was paired with Lindgren, I think, probably during the 2013 season when I noticed this). They likely have a good working relationship and when Coach Sanchez was looking for a seasoned college veteran to add to his staff Baer probably mentioned LaRussa as a possibility to fill the other defensive vacancy. I wonder whether in a few years or sooner once the defense is installed if Baer will retire and possibly have LaRussa groomed to step in as the DC if all goes well.

For all that I like LaRussa, he was responsible for the DEs this year. I didn't call him out for some of the issues there during the season so I won't do it now. There are some valid excuses for the struggles there.

But, there's a good chance that MacIntyre looks at things differently than I do and is not as forgiving. After evaluating season film and with a much better insight into what is and is not going on, he may have said that there's no excuse for the LB (Baer's group) and DE breakdowns we saw this season. Hence, new coaches for the LBs and DEs.

So with their new braintrust can UNLV hold MWC offenses under 40 points a game.

Last season our offense went from terrible to at least respectable. STs weren't good but were better than the prior year and seemed to get better as the season went on.

The defense went from bad to bad. Some individuals made significant improvements and you can blame some of it on injuries but bottom line is that part of the team that didn't show significant improvement was the defense.

I don't like the timing of this.... I suppose it is a couple months out from signing day, but I would hate to lose any recruits these guys had hands on. Perhaps it could work in our favor though.

I don't like the timing of this.... I suppose it is a couple months out from signing day, but I would hate to lose any recruits these guys had hands on. Perhaps it could work in our favor though.

There's not a single recruit I want to keep more than I want to lose Baer. Not worried at all about this, this is great news IMO.

It is the best possible timing.

we can have nice things. we are due. dammit. we have wandered in the desert long enough.

miracle at michigan
rocket clipping call
5th down

it has been forever since we had some genuine good luck.

i want a real, big time dc and a real big time recruiting assistant and i want them to bring about 6 bluechips with them.

and i want it now.

now, i say.

now.

only-child-problems-sharing-main.jpg

That's two pure UBL's (not the watered-down definition, but the real deal!) in one week! Tante has got to be pleased.

Back