What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Banner goes up at 5:05 PM Friday - Tipoff at 5:06 PM

Does anyone have a better pic? I'm not sure about that...

Here you go
A7UVsepCUAE-77d.jpg

Most schools do banners were they'll have something like "Pac-12 Tournament Champions" and then leave room so you can print future years you win it on the same banner...like "Pac-12 Tournament Champions: 2012, 2013, 2015" or "NCAA Sweet Sixteen: 2013, 2015, 2016". Hope we're ready to have a whole lot of those for various achievements within the next couple decades.

Most schools do banners were they'll have something like "Pac-12 Tournament Champions" and then leave room so you can print future years you win it on the same banner...like "Pac-12 Tournament Champions: 2012, 2013, 2015" or "NCAA Sweet Sixteen: 2013, 2015, 2016". Hope we're ready to have a whole lot of those for various achievements within the next couple decades.

Am I the only one who thinks 'liability risk' when they first saw this? 200lbs of rock hanging by two chains directly over peoples heads.

Too big. Not enough room for the rest of the banners that are coming in the future.

Not really a fan of that banner. I'd rather see more of a traditional banner that can have a bunch of siblings placed next to it, or one that allows a list to be added to it.

I expect a lot out of our basketball program in the coming years, so I'm not excited about seeing a unique rock that makes it seem like that accomplishment was so unique that it wont happen again.

I wish the AD would have saved the money spent on that artwork to use as part of an Embree buyout.

I like it if that one banner is being treated as the "cornerstone" that we're building our program on. Let's face it, what we got to see last year was extremely special a la the Rockies run to the World Series a few years ago. It was so unlikely, and done so dramatically, that it is a special moment in our school's history. This is one that you point to and tell recruits, "This is where everything turned around for Colorado Men's Basketball. This is THE moment."

Now, what I'd really like to see is them win enough of those that we can take them out of the rafters and line the concourse walls of a renovated Keg with them!

I like it if that one banner is being treated as the "cornerstone" that we're building our program on. Let's face it, what we got to see last year was extremely special a la the Rockies run to the World Series a few years ago. It was so unlikely, and done so dramatically, that it is a special moment in our school's history. This is one that you point to and tell recruits, "This is where everything turned around for Colorado Men's Basketball. This is THE moment."

Now, what I'd really like to see is them win enough of those that we can take them out of the rafters and line the concourse walls of a renovated Keg with them!

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. However, this was a conference tournament -a very weak conference that year - not a final 4 run. Also, that Rockies run was spectacular, but that NL champs flag sign is horrible.

Have you guys ever been to the TD center in Boston. They have tons of banners hanging from the rafters and it looks amazing. Makes me wish our ceiling was higher.

stock-photo-boston-may-boston-celtics-championship-banners-hanging-up-in-the-td-garden-on-may-97096601.jpg

The banner looks great. I love that it is different. I also think that winning the Pac 12 Championship in CU's inaugural year is an accomplishment that warrants something bigger than those other banners. When Tad wins a National Championship, we'll make room for something equally impressive.

Back