What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Barnett in a VERY candid interview on 104.3 Right Now! Bohn to Follow.

Barnett or Hawkins?

• Total voters
Even if the program was burned to the ground like Talkins said,
Talkins has had four years to bring in talented players to turn the program around.. He has failed to do that and therefore should be fired..

BTW, Snyder had his KjSU team in a bowl game by year 3 I believe and were a very competitive team by 92 so even with Talkins comparing his situation to KjSU he still is behind schedule... Talkins needs to be gone..

I hate him because of his short sighted treatment of the athletic department in shutting down Bohn's decision to fire hawk.

I'm not sure that Benson was so short sighted. CU has a budget mess and a buyout wasn't politically feasible in his eyes. I understand that. I don't like it and wish that weren't the case, but I understand it.

I think the college football arms race will be taken down a notch or two in the next few years. If you haven't read it elsewhere, Florida is insolvent, California is insolvent, Oregon's insolvent, Michigan's insolvent....

Colorado's actually in ok financial shape, comparatively speaking.

When will it end? The only good coming of it right now is to destroy what is left. This year's recruiting class. This garbage will rip up what is left of the class and that is all. If Hawkin's can win next year, he's back. If he doesn't get it straight he's gone.

So its Allbuffs and the talkshows fault that Talkins recruiting this year will suck? :rofl:

talkins recruiting sucked before the season when the vast majority of this board was behind Hawkins and was believing we were going to have a good season.. Quit trying to blame the critics for Talkins failures.. He's doing a fine job of that on his own..

I'm listening to both interviews... I think Bohn might be going down with Hawk now. Before I thought Bohn was fine, but the retention of Hawk isn't going over well, and Bohn is under fire now - especially after GB's comments

How much of GB's $3M buy-out is tied to a non-disclosure?

That kind of cash should buy some silence. GB must have reciever his final check.

Wow. I am really impressed with how open GB was. I certainly didn't expect that.

That is why Hawk is still employed after losing 2 out of every 3 games and GB is doing TV.

GB is a football coach, an old school, hard nosed, tell it like it is football coach. He is a very intelligent guy but subtleties are not something he is or ever has been good at.

Prior to the so-called scandal GB had his team playing competitive ball (by the normal definition, not the Benson/DiStefano definition,) playing in bowl games and with the potential every few years to get a BCS level game.

When the bitch assistant DA in boulder and her media friends along with the football hating aging hippies got ahold of the so called scandal the administration showed themselves as a spineless bunch of political hacks and threw GB (and a whole bunch of innocent players) under the bus. Gary was prepared for to deal with surprised on the field but he was not a PR guy. Instead of supporting him the administration let the whole thing fall on his head and then to try to show that they were "cleaning things up" they put him under a number of restrictions that would have made it imposible for anyone to compete. My sense is that Gary recognized things for what they were and in a manner just gave up. He stopped competing in recruiting and lacked a lot of his old fire on the field in practice and games.

By the end I supported his firing and like most if they are honest thought that Hawk was a great hire to replace him. I have since been proven wrong. I hope, because I love CU football that Hawk proves us all wrong again and turns it around but I am not going to bet the mortgage on it.

In the mean time GB is still a direct honest guy who will tell you what he thinks. He also, despite being made the whipping boy for a bunch of chicken administrators holds a deep spot in his heart for CU and the football program and wishes them well whoever is at the controls. He also, maybe better than anyone knows what coaches at CU have to deal with in doing their jobs.

Alfred says he "knows what he read" and thus Bohn must have gotten back-doored by Hawkins going around Bohn....

That's irresponsible journalism guys.

he's not a journalist. He's a talk show jock. His job is to entertain and give his opinions and I like listening to him, most of the time.

When will it end? The only good coming of it right now is to destroy what is left. This year's recruiting class. This garbage will rip up what is left of the class and that is all. If Hawkin's can win next year, he's back. If he doesn't get it straight he's gone.

Whether it's Alfred or Klatt or GB, it does us as FANS a dis-service. Because it DOES matter who comes here next year as freshmen 3-5 years from now. Everything else will be a don't care.

I for one want to see it end now. Move on folks! Support the team and the program. The TEAM wants to win for Hawk. Mass defections are internet lore. No one gets the benefit of the doubt. It's them against the world and they need to mature and play like they should have this year.

Has Plati promised you a full time job or a letter of recommendation when you graduate? Really, I'd like to know how Plati accommodates the AD staffers that he has troll the boards.

Has Plati promised you a full time job or a letter of recommendation when you graduate? Really, I'd like to know how Plati accommodates the AD staffers that he has troll the boards.

Disgusting, isn't it? AZ claimed he had to IP ban a few AD plants on his site.

Wow, interesting stuff from barnett. Bohn the dancing bear was getting raked over by alfred, nice job :thumbsup:

One tune that changed, bohn stated " are #1 focus is changing the scoreboard and winning"

Take it for what it's worth but i'd rather hear that then what I heard the past week even if it's not true.

Last edited:
Alfred says he "knows what he read" and thus Bohn must have gotten back-doored by Hawkins going around Bohn....

That's irresponsible journalism guys.

You know what else would be irresponsible journalism? Allowing the distortions about "burned to the ground" and "like K-State before Snyder" to go unchallenged. Vic Lombardi called out Hawkins for his excuse making on Channel 4 last night. Rod Mackey challenged Mike Bohn about the football performance on Channel 9 Sunday night, albeit mildly. Those guys are Colorado natives and/or CU alums. They ARE fans as well as journalists

. Barnett and Klatt know first hand that the "burned to the ground" comments are not only self-serving, but flat out false. So you can find fault all you want with some of the statements made today, but IMO there would be much more fault to be found if these people were not out there working on setting the record straight.

The witchhunt is on. there's no stopping them until there's blood.

IF there is a witchhunt on, it seems to me the first spell was cast by Hawkins when he started taking aim at his predecessor in order to justify his own performance.

After reading this thread and the others about comments Hawk has made, I really think the angle some have brought up about Hawk's "positive thinking" mindset being a bit part of all this makes sense. It seems to me that he may finally be getting the picture that the status quo right now is unacceptable. But he can't bring himself to accept that negative, so now he starts bringing down the level of the program when he took over. So that the task he faced was so immense, it is actually a positive that he has made it as far as he has. It may actually not be a deliberate PR strategy, it may be the way his mind has worked out the situation in order to accomodate his need for everything to ultimately be positive at all times... Just a working theory.... :huh:

Wow, interesting stuff from barnett. Bohn the dancing bear was getting raked over by alfred, nice job :thumbsup:

One tune that changed, bohn stated " are #! focus is changing the scoreboard and winning"

Take it for what it's woth but i'd rather hear that then what I heard the past week even if it's not true.

:yeahthat:

For focus group testing purposes, record my response to that message as far more positive than those offered before.... :cool:

I'm interested to see how long this goes on. It seems like the media is really out to get Hawkins / Bohn right now. Will this blow over in the next couple weeks, or will the fire just intensify?

I'm interested to see how long this goes on. It seems like the media is really out to get Hawkins / Bohn right now. Will this blow over in the next couple weeks, or will the fire just intensify?

I agree, hawk's comments really pissed off former buffs and they are coming like missiles at him and bohn. Add in the fact that bohn himself is being raked over the coals and benson and sitefano aren't being represented well and this may continue.

I think that is almost entirely up to Bohn/Hawkins.

If they will just come out and explain that they know the results to date are unacceptable, but they believe that it can be turned around by the staff in place, and that they have made the decision they did based on their expectation of seeing that success added to the intangibles Hawk brings, and that they do have goals in mind for the program - then I think the media might back off. There might be a bit of grousing that they won't make the exact goals/expectations public, but I think so much of the media pressure right now is based on the outrageous comments that have been made and the perception that winning doesn't matter...

Actually, that last paragraph is what Bohn needs to come out and say. Hawk should come out and say this.... " "

bohn is just trying to put out fires that hawkins' big ****ing mouth keep setting. i think we've pretty much heard the last from hawk until the recruiting presser now.

what's done is done. i am not happy about any of this. i will withhold funds as a result. but, there is no point in continuing to pile on.

hope that these guys have actually learned something. finally. this is the big 12. this ain't intramurals, brutha.

that attack against gb just kicked everything into high gear again. it will die down if hawkins keeps his mouth shut until feb. now.

it is like amateur night at my alma mater on an on-going basis.

c-u-n-t is a "term of endearment per the former president, sensible shoes bitsy.

"not only is she a girl" from gb (whom i actually liked and respected).

"burned to the ground" (and 500 other pithy craptastic sayings) from danny boy.

"i hate scandals" per mr. "which way is the wind-blowing" benson.

it goes on and on.

Working hard with Dan on his "communication strategies and we'll continue to work on it"...

What the **** does that even mean? Tell him to shape the **** up and stop pointing fingers. If he has to "work hard" on this, Hawkins is the biggest jackass in the world. And the coach of my favorite sports team.

Just jumping in here. I heard the Barnett interview on the way home from work tonight and just thought, holy crap, that was one of the more candid interviews I've heard. Damn good. I guess that absence makes the heart grow fonder, and right now, I wish we had a real football coach back (Barnett).

To listen to Barnett and then follow that up with listening to Bohn, it just seemed like night and day and thought, wow, Bohn is in full backpedal damage control mode.

You guys should go back and read your posts. This is the Salem Witch trials all over again. Hawk has no chance. This is pathetic. I'm really apalled.

I wish I'd heard his interview instead of getting snippits from you guys. Because I heard Barnett a week ago and he did not think Hawkins should be fired. WTF?

I wish I'd heard his interview instead of getting snippits from you guys. Because I heard Barnett a week ago and he did not think Hawkins should be fired. WTF?
you can still hear his interview old man :lol: It's on their website

You guys should go back and read your posts. This is the Salem Witch trials all over again. Hawk has no chance. This is pathetic. I'm really apalled.

Hawk has no chance? As long as he is saying stupid things like "the program was burned to the ground" and it was "like KSU before Snyder" he doesn't, no... But witch trial? I don't think quoting what the man said ON THE RADIO and commenting on it is exactly a witch trial.... :huh:

Back