What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baseball

BigCate

Does anyone have any updates of any possibility of us getting a team anytime soon?

I think its ridiculous that we don't have a team. I realize we just launched the facilities upgrade program but fielding a baseball team should be a priority too IMO.

tumblr_lwf8uaoPCB1qbrfrz.gif

Baseball doesn't really make money for almost all Universities. It'd be a fine venture to go after if football was in great shape... but it would be sending a very bad message to spend lots of money on baseball, when football needs a lot of upgrades/help

Baseball is a fading sport with declining youth participation and professional viewership. It may never be viable at CU again.

Baseball is a fading sport with declining youth participation and professional viewership. It may never be viable at CU again.

aaaand what spring sport is taking participation away from baseball at the youth level?

rep to the correct answer....

As soon as CU finds its Phil Knight and he/she says baseball is happening... CU will have a baseball team.

I assume this will happen some time after our football team isn't practicing in a facility inflated with a bicycle pump and our indoor track doesn't compete in a place where some of the seats are unsafe and there's likely lead paint on the walls.

Back