What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Basketball Attrition

Which two non senior scholarship players leave?

• T. Akyazili

• D. Brown

• N. Wright

• T. Miller

• D. Collier

• B. Peters

• L. Siewert

• D. Walton

Results are only viewable after voting.

CitizenKane

It is sounding more and more like we will see unexpected hoops transitions again this year. In an article by Pat Rooney in the camera today Tad was quoted as saying:
"It's still up in the air with a couple of them," Boyle said. "If there's any movement on our roster, I would expect to have an announcement on that probably some time early next week."​
Combine the quote with the recent offers and it sounds like Tad fully expects to lose two scholarship players that weren't seniors. Question is which two? Here is to hoping it isn't any of the three freshman that played this year, but given recent history it wouldn't be shocking.

Really don't want Peters to go, but really seems like it will be Peters.

Combine the quote with the recent offers and it sounds like Tad fully expects to lose two scholarship players that weren't seniors. Question is which two? Here is to hoping it isn't any of the three freshman that played this year, but given recent history it wouldn't be shocking.

Why two? Why not one or three? He's not taking the commitment of every offer he makes.

Because of Tad's quote. He said a couple, meaning two.

"It's still up in the air with a couple of them," Boyle said.
Your poll has the wording "which two leave?"
Your statement "Tad fully expects to lose two scholarship players".

I'd guess we lose two players, but I wouldn't have worded it as cut and dry as you did, which is why I was wondering if you knew something not released?

"It's still up in the air with a couple of them," Boyle said.
Your poll has the wording "which two leave?"
Your statement "Tad fully expects to lose two scholarship players".

I'd guess we lose two players, but I wouldn't have worded it as cut and dry as you did, which is why I was wondering if you knew something not released?
Cough...I am uh...just extrapolating based on the fact that Tad has to down play these types of things with the media...cough....In all honesty, until the final decision is made, no one knows for sure. Just enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that two scholarships will open up. I think the biggest evidence of that isn't Tad's quote, it is instead the number of players CU is now recruiting that could be here in 2017 (At least four). BTW, good job taking my statement out of context by dropping the 'It sounds like' from the start of your second quote. :sneaky:

OK. It is also possible that one has said he's gone and two more are "on the fence", and there could be 3 gone. But I don't think you can take anything away from how many offers are offers are out there. Tad desperately needs to add a PG who can play big minutes, right away, independent of who is leaving. If I had 1 spot open, I'd be offering everyone who I felt could fill that spot. With that said, I'd put pretty high odds on 2 guys leaving, but could be 3 or 1.

T. Akyazili and D. Collier

Peters is a keeper, as long as Tad can get him to do the right things off the court.

T. Akyazili and D. Collier

Peters is a keeper, as long as Tad can get him to do the right things off the court.
I agree about Peters being a keeper. He can flat out play.....hope we keep him and that whatever was happening off the court doesn't pop back up.

There would be two scholarships available if one scholarship players decides to leave. One of the "couple" Tad spoke of might be the redshirt freshman from the Netherlands, who may not have done enough to earn a scholarship. Personally, I don't see Peters leaving. I base that on the way he handled himself during the last six games of the season when he was suspended ... his enthusiasm and body language supporting his teammates while on the bench. Of course, I could be wrong, but I see him staying and growing into a significant contributor. The good news is that it will all unfold soon.

Y'all better get comfortable with the idea that peters is going

Yep. Peters has talent and I've heard he can be a likable guy, but that there's a lot of Ski & XJ in him in terms of his consistency with how he conducts himself and that he struggles with authority. Signs point to a change of scenery.

Yep. Peters has talent and I've heard he can be a likable guy, but that there's a lot of Ski & XJ in him in terms of his consistency with how he conducts himself and that he struggles with authority. Signs point to a change of scenery.

That blows. I mean I get it, but man... he could be so good.

Dom isn't leaving unless he decides to go. Tad has a history of not running guys off, and he's kept some guys who have contributed a lot less to the team than Dom is.

Dom isn't a bad player, he simply hasn't turned into a star player and being a local kid with all the hype coming in that is what the fans expected of him. If Dom is back next year, and I have no idea if he will or not, he will probably be what he was near the end of this season, a guy who gets some minutes at the point but who we don't count on for a lot.

The one thing I see that could get him to leave is Rodney Billups getting the DU job. It seems like Dom has always been close with the Billups family. He would have to RS then would have his final year.

Dom has always seemed a little overmatched at the PAC12 level. He could end up being very successful against the competition that DU plays. Rodney might be able to sell him on "coming home" and being a star in his final year of college basketball.

Unless there are a couple JUCO and grad transfer signings that put Dom in a minutes situation similar to what happened with Fletch if he'd decided to stay, I can't see a rationale for Dom deciding to leave.

Unless there are a couple JUCO and grad transfer signings that put Dom in a minutes situation similar to what happened with Fletch if he'd decided to stay, I can't see a rationale for Dom deciding to leave.

If Namon, Peters and Brown stay I can't see Dom getting minutes next year.

If Namon, Peters and Brown stay I can't see Dom getting minutes next year.

He'll play the XT role. Come off the bench and try to not blow things up for a few minutes at a time with some possible crunch time minutes due to ball handling/FT shooting.

Back