What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Fans Are So Cute

How does that site get over 3 times more traffic than AllBuffs? Is there really not that much to do out there?

Probably because 2/3rds of the traffic is from other fanbases either trolling or lurking for the unintentional humor.

Baylor briefly put up a statement on their website what is as close as you will get to a flame post from a University...they've already taken it down. While I respect some of their argument...their past behavior paints them as hypocrites rather than the true Texas heroes making the last stand stand at the Alamor for pure collegiate athletics that they are trying to portray themselves as.

POSTED BY THE BAYLOR PROUD TEAM IN ALUMNI, ATHLETICS, STUDENT LIFE

Since the news of a possible Texas-A&M-to-the-SEC move broke about a month ago, Baylor officials have been consistent in their stance and message, emphasizing the importance of not throwing away successful, historic rivalries for the sake of bigger TV contracts.

Recently, it has looked as if college athletics was about to turn into a free-for-all, with conferences raiding one another just to avoid being raided themselves. Lost in the midst of this mad scramble for the next lucrative TV contract is any sense of what's best for the universities involved. Absent from the discussion is any consideration of the welfare of the student-athletes, the best interests of the fans (who watch historic rivalries go by the wayside), the effect on the home states involved (which have much to lose in the shuffle), and the impact such hysteria can have on the very essence of the collegiate football experience.
At the moment, the carousel's turning has at least slowed as regards the Big 12. Currently, SEC leaders are awaiting written assurances from each Big 12 school that they will agree to waive their institutional rights regarding future conference expansion and any negative impact that might have on member institutions. In a statement issued earlier today, Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe made it clear that each of the schools in the Big 12 retains its individual rights. He further noted that significant changes to the Big 12 membership could negatively affect Big 12 institutions that were counting on revenue streams from contracts that were previously approved unanimously by Big 12 members, including Texas A&M. I have yet to hear of any Big 12 institution that has signed such a waiver.

As always, Baylor officials are working hard with the university's best interests in mind. It's important that Baylor remain on the national stage, so that people nationwide get to learn about BU and all that it has to offer -- as they did with the big win over TCU Friday, and the men's basketball team's Elite Eight run, and the women's basketball national championship, and ... well, you get the idea.
But there's something bigger than just Baylor's interests at stake here. This is about doing the right thing. There are real costs when universities begin to break commitments and contracts (beyond simply setting a bad example for the young minds on campus) -- up to and including anarchy in the world of college athletics.

Baylor is standing up for itself and for the integrity of college athletics, and people are starting to take notice. The Sporting News called Baylor "the closest thing to a hero at this point," adding that BU "is fighting to keep alive a workable business that has value to literally millions of people." CBS Sports applauded Baylor for speaking out. CNN has picked up the story. A Yahoo! Sports headline today reads "College sports realignment capers a study in greed."
In short, Baylor is standing up for our university, but also for something bigger. Our leaders have stepped into a space that few would have the courage to enter, but one that is gaining traction. Of that, we can all be proud.
Sic 'em, Baylor!

Sept. 7, 2011

Baylor represents a majority of what I hate about modern America.

bailer = spurned little teenage girl who didn't get asked to the dance.

I think of them more as the entitled brat who shows up at your party uninvited, annoys everyone there, talks smack he can't back up, gets his ass kicked by someone who has finally had enough, and then has his daddy sues the guy who decked him.

The above statement from Baylor is so nauseating, I don't know where to begin. There is nobody fighting for personal self-interest more than Baylor in this deal--they aren't heroes, and if they are doing the "right thing" it's because the right thing happens to overlap entirely with their self-interest. The murder on their BB team, and the staff's attempts to cover it up make their statements about integrity and student-athletes laughable.

Furthermore, the Baylor smear-campaign against CU--complete with over-the-top fabrications--really calls into question the intetrity of the university to the highest levels.

Now, then, and forever, **** Baylor. The slimy, smarmy, self-important pricks of Baylor. **** them.

bailer = spurned little teenage girl who didn't get asked to the dance.

I think of them more as the entitled brat who shows up at your party uninvited, annoys everyone there, talks smack he can't back up, gets his ass kicked by someone who has finally had enough, and then has his daddy sues the guy who decked him.

Combo of these, Baylor is the weird teenage girl who didn't get asked to the dance, but showed up at your party uninvited, got ignored for the most part, then got ****ed by a bunch of dudes at the party, one by one to get attention, then started screaming rape and everybody laughs.

The above statement from Baylor is so nauseating, I don't know where to begin. There is nobody fighting for personal self-interest more than Baylor in this deal--they aren't heroes, and if they are doing the "right thing" it's because the right thing happens to overlap entirely with their self-interest. The murder on their BB team, and the staff's attempts to cover it up make their statements about integrity and student-athletes laughable.

Furthermore, the Baylor smear-campaign against CU--complete with over-the-top fabrications--really calls into question the intetrity of the university to the highest levels.

Now, then, and forever, **** Baylor. The slimy, smarmy, self-important pricks of Baylor. **** them.

They would have pranced off to the PAC in a hot second and with no concerns for the former Big 12 schools left behind if they could have displaced us in the deal. Someone needs to point that out to the national media that are now fawning over their heroic stand against the greed in collegiate athletics.

They would have pranced off to the PAC in a hot second and with no concerns for the former Big 12 schools left behind if they could have displaced us in the deal. Someone needs to point that out to the national media that are now fawning over their heroic stand against the greed in collegiate athletics.

Exactly. I don't hate Baylor for their self-interest. I hate Baylor for cloaking themselves in false-martyrdom and perpetuating lies.

Baylor briefly put up a statement on their website what is as close as you will get to a flame post from a University...they've already taken it down. While I respect some of their argument...their past behavior paints them as hypocrites rather than the true Texas heroes making the last stand stand at the Alamor for pure collegiate athletics that they are trying to portray themselves as.

POSTED BY THE BAYLOR PROUD TEAM IN ALUMNI, ATHLETICS, STUDENT LIFE

Since the news of a possible Texas-A&M-to-the-SEC move broke about a month ago, Baylor officials have been consistent in their stance and message, emphasizing the importance of not throwing away successful, historic rivalries for the sake of bigger TV contracts.

Recently, it has looked as if college athletics was about to turn into a free-for-all, with conferences raiding one another just to avoid being raided themselves. Lost in the midst of this mad scramble for the next lucrative TV contract is any sense of what's best for the universities involved. Absent from the discussion is any consideration of the welfare of the student-athletes, the best interests of the fans (who watch historic rivalries go by the wayside), the effect on the home states involved (which have much to lose in the shuffle), and the impact such hysteria can have on the very essence of the collegiate football experience.
At the moment, the carousel's turning has at least slowed as regards the Big 12. Currently, SEC leaders are awaiting written assurances from each Big 12 school that they will agree to waive their institutional rights regarding future conference expansion and any negative impact that might have on member institutions. In a statement issued earlier today, Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe made it clear that each of the schools in the Big 12 retains its individual rights. He further noted that significant changes to the Big 12 membership could negatively affect Big 12 institutions that were counting on revenue streams from contracts that were previously approved unanimously by Big 12 members, including Texas A&M. I have yet to hear of any Big 12 institution that has signed such a waiver.

As always, Baylor officials are working hard with the university's best interests in mind. It's important that Baylor remain on the national stage, so that people nationwide get to learn about BU and all that it has to offer -- as they did with the big win over TCU Friday, and the men's basketball team's Elite Eight run, and the women's basketball national championship, and ... well, you get the idea.
But there's something bigger than just Baylor's interests at stake here. This is about doing the right thing. There are real costs when universities begin to break commitments and contracts (beyond simply setting a bad example for the young minds on campus) -- up to and including anarchy in the world of college athletics.

Baylor is standing up for itself and for the integrity of college athletics, and people are starting to take notice. The Sporting News called Baylor "the closest thing to a hero at this point," adding that BU "is fighting to keep alive a workable business that has value to literally millions of people." CBS Sports applauded Baylor for speaking out. CNN has picked up the story. A Yahoo! Sports headline today reads "College sports realignment capers a study in greed."
In short, Baylor is standing up for our university, but also for something bigger. Our leaders have stepped into a space that few would have the courage to enter, but one that is gaining traction. Of that, we can all be proud.
Sic 'em, Baylor!

Sept. 7, 2011
Well written, self-serving, hypocritical and condescending...well done, Bailer.

15roc39_medium.gif

aggygif.gif

Baylorfans.com is a fun website. I especially loved the part where they were going to take the old SWC, steal A&M, Arky and LSU from the SEC, and then add OU, OSU, and two more schools to make the bestest football conference ever.

I cant believe the Big 12 even bothered to contact Arkansas, which I read they did. Ive always heard they wanted no part of being paired with Texas in a conference ever again. They might play them but that's about as far as it goes.

I cant believe the Big 12 even bothered to contact Arkansas, which I read they did. Ive always heard they wanted no part of being paired with Texas in a conference ever again. They might play them but that's about as far as it goes.
Desperation time IMO. My dad is an Arky grad...nobody in Fayetteville wants anything to do with their old SWC mates....

Baylorfans is now saying that BYU is joining, equal revenue sharing in the big 12 (OU wants this), OU gets a network of their own, and so does EVERY SINGLE OTHER Big12 team. One smart person in this thread asked, how the **** is every team gonna get their own channel? and they answered that it would probably be internet TV channels. :lol: :rofl:

So, this is all contingent on OU getting a huge deal for a network from ESPn or something. ehhhhhhh, not gonna happen iyam. As for the other schools... Baylor TV channel =- BRILLLIANT!
See OP for plan:
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218636&page=6

The entertainment value is addictive. It's one big mutual appreciation society over on that BU site.
The irony of little innocent gem is breathtaking.

BaylorDufusI hope that I'm wrong but these past two years have taught me to expect the worst and most cynical thing possible out of some of these schools.

The entertainment value is addictive. It's one big mutual appreciation society over on that BU site.
The irony of little innocent gem is breathtaking.

Oh man... this thread is gold. http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218602 They are completely clueless as to how stupid this sounds...
If someone says Baylor is a hypocrit due to SWC breakup....

You need to remind that person that Baylor was not party to the decision to break the conference up. That was Texas and Texas A&M decision. It was going to happen. PERIOD. Baylor alum David Sibley caught wind of it and approached the current President of the University of Texas. The president didn't deny it, and that was enough for Sibley to be concerned enough to call Baylor and Tech alum Lt. Governor Bob Bullock.

Bullock, whose Lt. Governorship made him extremely powerful in Texas politics, summoned a meeting and told Texas and A&M that they weren't leaving without Baylor and Tech.

IN OTHER WORDS: Lt. Governor Bob Bullock ensured that the great state of Texas would not have 2 BCS schools, but FOUR. He is a hero. Instead of 30 million of TV revenue ending up in Texas, 60 million per year has. Instead of 6,000 jobs that were created by the Big 12, it was 12,000. Those numbers are hypothetical to make the point that Baylor and Tech should be LAUDED, not criticized, for not allowing Texas and A&M to run off at the expense of large communities of Texas citizens.

Keep in mind that everybody that continued to put this misinformation out there is trying to smear Baylor or is ignorant of the facts. Baylor DID THE RIGHT THING. Period. And it is not hypocritcal in the least.

Sic'em Bears.​

and the first reply...
This absolutely correct. We are once again in the position to do what we can stop ATM from sending dollars out of State.

Baylor as a whole abhorred what UT and ATM did to the SWC and while we were forced to jump on board, it was not Baylor which caused that ship to sale. It was ATM and UT attempting to do what ATM is doing now.

Do not buy into this BS that Baylor some how contributed to the fall of the SWC. Baylor made the best of bad situation back then and did not have the contractual commitments (TV contracts) back then that we do now to hold people's feet to the fire.

And they then get completely called out by a Houston fan and have absolutely no response... :lol:

Rick Perry's stimulus plan involves a Baylor cult in all 50 states.
Baylor IS the economic engine that drives the Texas economy. FACT.

Now everybody pray really hard for rain!

I have to admit I have been lurking over at baylorfans. They have seriously been my entertainment this week.

The most interesting (from a sociological standpoint) thing is that they have been crying for litigation for at least a week now. They heap all this praise on all of their phenomenal litigators who graduated from their law school. As a recovering attorney, my head aches. Their attitude regarding lawsuits and lawyers is the exact reason why this country despises attorneys.

Sue the SEC, sue the PAC, sue Texas, sue ATM, sue OU, sue CU and NU for leaving LAST year. Holy ****, if I had just practiced in Texas then I'd be freakin rich.

I have to admit I have been lurking over at baylorfans. They have seriously been my entertainment this week.

The most interesting (from a sociological standpoint) thing is that they have been crying for litigation for at least a week now. They heap all this praise on all of their phenomenal litigators who graduated from their law school. As a recovering attorney, my head aches. Their attitude regarding lawsuits and lawyers is the exact reason why this country despises attorneys.

Sue the SEC, sue the PAC, sue Texas, sue ATM, sue OU, sue CU and NU for leaving LAST year. Holy ****, if I had just practiced in Texas then I'd be freakin rich.
This must be why texans are so big on tort reform. They can't help themselves.

Man, that whole site is great. Wish I found it earlier.

I like the "BU as Sparta: Standing at Thermopolae" (sic) thread. :rofl2:

I especially like how the OP claims that Baylor is looking out for TCU's interest. The irony of that statement is clearly lost on him...

Baylor is like the ugly girl who got invited to the big party because her cute friend wouldn't go without her.

Now the cute friend is getting ready to hook up with someone and the ugly girl is realizing that she is about to be left alone, the party is breaking up, everyone is heading off to other parties and the only party she is welcome at is the one down the block with the rest of the ugly, unpopular people who aren't welcome anywhere else.

Back