What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor is officially dirty

This shows there is no reason not to push the envelope on recruiting. The rewards outweigh the risks.

How the **** can they retroactively lose a scholarship from this past season

mens bball
- reduction of one scholarship (from 13 to 12) for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 academic years.

The NCAA just continues to prove it has no spine. Cheating is gonna become even more rampant than it already is. So I guess cheating will lead to success, should we start bending the rules? I mean ****, it's not like the NCAA will do anything about it.

The NCAA just continues to prove it has no spine. Cheating is gonna become even more rampant than it already is. So I guess cheating will lead to success, should we start bending the rules? I mean ****, it's not like the NCAA will do anything about it.

They would hammer us big time. Apparently how it works.

Knowing our luck you're probably right.

Considering what they did to us for letting walk ons eat with the scholarship players... and then lost the paperwork on Ohio State doing the same thing until after the NCAA had changed the rules so it was no longer a violation... I'd say that yes, we would absolutely be under a complete post-season ban for several years in all sports along with major scholarship reductions and limitations on recruiting contacts.

Considering what they did to us for letting walk ons eat with the scholarship players... and then lost the paperwork on Ohio State doing the same thing until after the NCAA had changed the rules so it was no longer a violation... I'd say that yes, we would absolutely be under a complete post-season ban for several years in all sports along with major scholarship reductions and limitations on recruiting contacts.
Sadly I agree.

I was not advocating cheating by the way....at least until we're at Oregon's level because then the NCAA likes us.

when i used to read the UT, ATM (ha), OSU, and OU hoops decent hoops boards, they were all convinced Drew was dirty. don't forget that very public "i dare you to rat me out" exchange Drew had with Rick Barnes a few years ago. that was cheating detente. mutually assured destruction....

UT is inviolable. they are so protected in the state. somehow every OTHER school in the SWC was cheating but not UT. :rolleyes.

...and yet they close with #5 ranked class in the country per ESPN. I really, really don't understand what snake oil Drew is selling to get kids to sign on for 5 years in freaking Waco.

Nothing to see here .... Bailer let off with a slap of the wrist.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-accepts-self-imposed-penalties-text-messages

Among the self-imposed penalties:
• Mulkey -- whose 2011-12 squad went 40-0 and won the NCAA title -- will be prohibited from recruiting off campus for the entire summer recruiting period (July 1-31).
• The women's basketball program lost two of its 15 scholarships in 2011-12.
• McKinney hasn't been allowed to make recruiting calls to prospective student-athletes since Jan. 1. The ban will be lifted on May 1.
• The men's program lost one scholarship for both the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons.
• Drew will be suspended for the first two Big 12 games of the season.
• Drew and Tang were prohibited from making recruiting calls from Jan. 1 to Feb. 29 of this year.
• The maximum number of official visits allowed to the men's basketball team in 2012-13 was reduced from 12 to seven.
Baylor will have no more additional penalties other than those it self-imposed.

Last edited:
I think they are now on double secret probation.

And that is about all they got. Mulkey commits violations in recruiting Griner, the best women's basketball player this year, and there isn't any consequences of substance.

With all five starters back for next year, does Mulkey need to go off campus to recruit.

As far as I'm concerned, the Baylor women now have a tainted trophy.

I believe they only got slap in the wrist is because some of the rules they broke aren't NCAA rules anymore.

Back