What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor promises to release 2016 Signees from LOIs (5 players released)

This is really pretty incredible. Even if they escape the NCAA hammer, how the hell will they ever recover in the eyes of future recruits? I can't see how they can't descend into the depths of football obscurity after this type of scandal.
Easy. They just go into a decade of sucking, build new facilities, and then start going after the recruits who were 3 years old when this all happened!

Easy. They just go into a decade of sucking, build new facilities, and then start going after the recruits who were 3 years old when this all happened!
54736460.jpg

I don't expect the NCAA do do anything.

Based on past history your expectation is spot on. They will not get involved.

On the other hand based on past history, including a certain RB leaving CU for little brother, all these recruits have to do is mention lawyer and the NCAA will figure out a way to free them from their LOIs. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same for kids wanting to transfer once the lawyers start calling.

Re-posting from the Football Forum...

This means that unless the NCAA determines that a 2016 signee is academically ineligible or the NCAA rules that Baylor committed a recruiting violation, these kids are either forced to enroll at Baylor or delay college for a year.

This means that unless the NCAA determines that a 2016 signee is academically ineligible or the NCAA rules that Baylor committed a recruiting violation, these kids are either forced to enroll at Baylor or delay college for a year.

Cluster****

I think it would be best for these recruits not to fight it, and just wait for it to be over.

Honestly, If Grobe has a plan to eventually let them out of their LOIs I sort of understand the "don't make an emotional, quick decision" thing but if they make them sit out a year or go through the NCAA then it is the biggest load of **** I have ever seen.

What did they do at Ped State? I thought they let the recruits go and team go if they chose to?

Fantastic! Rep to you, if we still could do that sort of thing of course.

Yeah, and ****bailer is trying to turn this into some positive pr. They're telling the kids to give it 30 days (think I heard that right) and not to make a rash, emotional decision.

But the kids who decide to leave at the end of that "cooling off" period are screwed anyway. They miss early summer workouts with another school. They miss the chance to get ahead with any summer classes.

What an abortion.

I really hope they enjoy that '16 class, because they are lighting fire to their recruiting for the next few years with this move. They may not get another class in the top 80, let alone the top 30 in the next 4 years.

**** bailer to hell.

they should release any kid who doesn't want to be a part of this ****. penn state actually held guys even after release because they wanted to be a part of the rebuild. bailer apparently believes that they should treat their student-athletes like slaves and not give them a choice in their futures, despite the horrible things going on there.

**** bailer to hell.

**** bailer to hell.

they should release any kid who doesn't want to be a part of this ****. penn state actually held guys even after release because they wanted to be a part of the rebuild. bailer apparently believes that they should treat their student-athletes like slaves and not give them a choice in their futures, despite the horrible things going on there.

**** bailer to hell.
We believe in supporting the guidelines set forth by the NCAA, as our guiding institution.

Back