What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Fox News now has the article with the headline Football Coverup? prominent on their home page.

**** bailer

SI piling on

So much for their independent investigator Pepper Hamilton:

Pepper Hamilton: "How much is the fee and what do you want the report to say?"

Ken Starr: " We pay well and pay even better if it says what I already told you, by the way no need to talk to the women claiming they were victims, we will tell you what happened. That seems to be good enough for the Waco police and the DA."

This whole thing is messy. A lot of people are wanting Briles job taken from him.

And in typical SWC fashion a lot of people want him to stay as long as he keeps winning.

At some point this thing will get ugly enough that they won't have a choice but does anyone really believe that Baylor itself will change. Will Ken Starr lose his job or even get called on the carpet.

When it gets bad enough they will throw all the blame they can on Briles and replace him. . . . . . . . . with another guy who has orders to win at all cost because that is what they are all about.

Briles isn't the only problem. The school itself needs to be sent a major message from the NCAA and hopefully the legal system (if possible).

I didn't say what I believe should happen just all the chatter I've been hearing. I think the NCAA and the legal system should drop the hammer. I just don't have a lot of faith in that happening.

SI piling on

So much for their independent investigator Pepper Hamilton:
It's my dream that "**** Baylor" becomes a national phenomenon and no longer just isolated to CU fans who saw these dirty, cheating, Texas, mealy-mouth Baptists for what they were years ago.

I also hope that Buddy Jones has to be rescued by emergency personnel in an auto-erotic-asphyxiation event gone bad, and he receives the public humiliation he deserves.

Where is the NCAA on this? This is shaping up to be as bad as the PSU case, yet more directly involves the SA's and the success of the program, whereas the PSU case was just tangential to the program through the actions of a former coach (based on the info at the time the NCAA got involved). Baylor should be threatened with the death penalty and Briles a lifetime show cause action, maybe make schools and coaches think twice about covering up this sort of thing.

Where is the NCAA on this? Baylor should be given the death penalty across football and basketball and Briles a lifetime show cause action. Further the death penalty should require all administrators above the athletic department up to the President be removed prior to lifting the death penalty. Maybe make schools and coaches think twice about covering up this sort of thing.

Minor corrections

Russillo just said on his radio show that Feldman is getting tons of messages from coaches across the country asking if Briles is going to survive this because apparently a ton of these coaches are sick of Baylor taking in these players with prior issues.

Where is the NCAA on this? This is shaping up to be as bad as the PSU case, yet more directly involves the SA's and the success of the program, whereas the PSU case was just tangential to the program through the actions of a former coach (based on the info at the time the NCAA got involved). Baylor should be threatened with the death penalty and Briles a lifetime show cause action, maybe make schools and coaches think twice about covering up this sort of thing.

Did you really just compare a multi decade protection and attempted cover up of a pedofile to the rape allegations of a few football players and the stonewalling of the administration? PSU is still way up there over this imho.

Did you really just compare a multi decade protection and attempted cover up of a pedofile to the rape allegations of a few football players and the stonewalling of the administration? PSU is still way up there over this imho.
I certainly see your point.

However, when there is very compelling evidence that predators are raping your students, whom you have some obligation to advocate, and you attack the credibility of the victims while providing continued opportunity to the predators...that **** is pretty bad.

EDIT: And don't forget that baylor staff covered up a murder to protect one player, while ****ting on another. That has to count for something too.

However, when there is very compelling evidence that predators are raping your students, whom you have some obligation to advocate, and you attack the credibility of the victims while providing continued opportunity to the predators...that **** is pretty bad.
**** PSU. **** Bailer. That is all.

EDIT: And don't forget that baylor staff covered up a murder to protect one player, while ****ting on another. That has to count for something too.

I havent been following but has it been suggested that 1 football player is responsible for all these rapes? And Baylor covered it up? For 20+ years? Also, the player in question is not an employee of the Univ like Sandusky was.

Im not saying Baylor isnt wrong or blameless. The courts will decide that. Still an apple and an orange comparison imho.

Agree with you that Pedo State is still at least one level above but each on their own is completely disgusting and inexcusable.

I wonder at what point some congressman or congresswoman in Washington decides to hitch their wagon to this issue and makes it the focus of a crusade that ends up extending in multiple areas of college sports.

The argument will be that if the colleges can't regulate themselves then somebody else does to protect the innocent. In ****Baylor's case this is probably true but it will end up impacting everybody.

This could be Title IX hell for Baylor. Failing to protect its female students, maybe going so far as to actively discourage them proceeding with abuse allegations? Ouch.

Politically, this is bad with the current US Veep on a campaign to curb violence against women on college campuses. Gets even worse if HRC wins in November and then Baylor's dealing with the feds with Ken Starr as university president and the nation's President being the spouse of Bill Clinton.

In short, I think Baylor is all sorts of ****ed.

This could be Title IX hell for Baylor. Failing to protect its female students, maybe going so far as to actively discourage them proceeding with abuse allegations? Ouch.

Politically, this is bad with the current US Veep on a campaign to curb violence against women on college campuses. Gets even worse if HRC wins in November and then Baylor's dealing with the feds with Ken Starr as university president and the nation's President being the spouse of Bill Clinton.

Nik, I'm pretty sure campaigning for candidates in the football forum is frowned upon. However, the logic behind your Clinton support seems flawless.

I havent been following but has it been suggested that 1 football player is responsible for all these rapes? And Baylor covered it up? For 20+ years? Also, the player in question is not an employee of the Univ like Sandusky was.

Im not saying Baylor isnt wrong or blameless. The courts will decide that. Still an apple and an orange comparison imho.
It was covered up, systematically at multiple levels of the university and community for multiple players.

We need some email and phone record subpoenas.

I didn't say what I believe should happen just all the chatter I've been hearing. I think the NCAA and the legal system should drop the hammer. I just don't have a lot of faith in that happening.

When the SHTF at CU, Governor (Ritter?) got involved and demanded a special investigator.

Since Baylor is a private institution, it's hard to imagine the Gov of Tex getting involved. Although it might make since to have the Texas Rangers (not MLB) investigate the relationship between Baylor AD and Waco PD.

When the SHTF at CU, Governor (Ritter?) got involved and demanded a special investigator.

Since Baylor is a private institution, it's hard to imagine the Gov of Tex getting involved. Although it might make since to have the Texas Rangers (not MLB) investigate the relationship between Baylor AD and Waco PD.

Spineless (heh) governor Greg Abbott isn't going to do anything. bailer's alumni are extremely conservative and are basically the core of his voting block.

That's about up to par. They'd throw the book at CU. They should be ahead in the Fulmer Cup, bet we still are.

News out of Waco this morning is the first head to be chopped will be Ken Starr,... I am sure this F***tard will blame CU for his demise. If Briles survives the good southern Baptist's are telling you all you need to know about what they stand for.

Last edited:
raw

PR move,

But knowing ****Baylor they will give him the most golden of parachutes and make him part of whatever their governing board is.

Briles will get a slap on the hand and the AD will get a raise.

Back