What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Where is the Big 12 on this? If the NCAA won't do anything, the Big 12 should. That place is beyond out of control.

While I agree in principle with this guy about the jurisdiction of the NCAA, I think you also have an obvious lack of "institutional control" with what is happening at Baylor.

Law enforcement should be punishing the rapists, the NCAA should be punishing Baylor for not doing anything to fix the culture.

While I agree in principle with this guy about the jurisdiction of the NCAA, I think you also have an obvious lack of "institutional control" with what is happening at Baylor.

Law enforcement should be punishing the rapists, the NCAA should be punishing Baylor for not doing anything to fix the culture.

Where I believe the NCAA comes into play on this is if the university was specifically protecting the football players in violation of Title IX, the law, etc. in order to gain competitive advantage, that's a big "no-no".

And, if the football staff was using sex as a sales tool in recruiting (as has been reported regarding pitches the younger Briles and others were using), this "no-no" is significantly exacerbated.

Just posted on the Scout board (I think I'm gonna be sick):
DACsp2eXYAA8ZGx.jpg

Okay, if these allegations are substantiated its now time for the Baylor program to take a break. B12 needs to do something.

Missouri has to cut 100 positions on campus because of enrollment drop and budget shortfall but somehow this doesn't convince religious freaks to stop going to this school.

And yet nothing was done for years. And even when something was done, the entire staff remained in place.

Missouri has to cut 100 positions on campus because of enrollment drop and budget shortfall but somehow this doesn't convince religious freaks to stop going to this school.

How many religious freaks are attending Missouri and why does their attendance require campus layoffs?

It was really her fault for being around members of the football team, apparently.

According to a legal filing by members of the Baylor board of regents in response to a lawsuit filed earlier this year, when the woman told Barnes what happened in April 2013, he reported it to Briles and McCaw. It states that when Barnes showed Briles the paper with the players' names on it, he studied the names and said, "Those are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?"

The regents' filing also references the meeting between the assistant football coach and the woman's mom, and although it doesn't state when that meeting happened, it's included within the narrative of the April 2013 conversation among McCaw, Barnes and Briles. It says the assistant football coach spoke to the two players and they admitted to "fooling around" with the woman and equated it to "a little bit of playtime." And the assistant coach spoke to other coaches who engaged in "victim blaming" and concluded that the accusations were in a "gray area," with no one reporting it to judicial affairs.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...aylor-football-players-files-title-ix-lawsuit

Also, could the investigation find that Waco and Baylor PDs were complicit in the coverups?

It also referenced a football player harassing her via text message, at one point writing, "he never came on to her because she was 'easy' and 'like coach said we [Baylor football players] don't want easy.'" The lawsuit states that the same football player and his teammates broke into her apartment, threw her clothes and belongings all over the room and stole money and a necklace in April 2013. She reported the burglary to Waco, Texas, police, but none of the athletes faced charges "on the pretext that the Waco Police Department made the players return plaintiff's belongings," the lawsuit states.

I read the Complaint, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back...ugly does not even begin to describe the situation. 52 rapes by 31 different players? If that is true, nobody in authority at the AD or the University administration should have a job in education...anywhere, ever. I hope the victims end up owning bailer's campus.

I read the Complaint, this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back...ugly does not even begin to describe the situation. 52 rapes by 31 different players? If that is true, nobody in authority at the AD or the University administration should have a job in education...anywhere, ever. I hope the victims end up owning bailer's campus.
Liberty University hired the AD McCaw.
Then there were the 3 guys who wrote the letter refuting the allegations and supporting Art Briles:
FAU hired Kendal Briles. ASU hired DC Bennett. UT hired staffer Casey Horny (he of the unfortunate last name).
A couple other assistants got hired to NAIA schools. I assume they'll all find jobs.

This is the thing. The NCAA isn't going to do anything, neither will the B12. The local DA is run by and answers to the Baylor administration and if they weren't are still to afraid of the Baylor fans voting them out of office to do anything significant. If they did they would probably get a Baylor judge who would throw it out anyways.

The only thing that is going to make them take notice and change is when the dollar damages reach the point they can't ignore. The only way this is going to happen is in federal court on a civil rights basis.

I wonder what the process would be for the NCAA to revoke **** bailer's membership?

I wonder what the process would be for the NCAA to revoke **** bailer's membership?
When the damages awarded in the victims' lawsuits are large enough that **** Bailers dues checks bounce, they'll revoke membership.

I wouldn't expect it until then.

Liberty University hired the AD McCaw.
Then there were the 3 guys who wrote the letter refuting the allegations and supporting Art Briles:
FAU hired Kendal Briles. ASU hired DC Bennett. UT hired staffer Casey Horny (he of the unfortunate last name).
A couple other assistants got hired to NAIA schools. I assume they'll all find jobs.
Yeah, I know. I guess it goes under the heading of how the world should be and how it is.

Honestly, bailer is going to be sued into oblivion on this. As a private school, they don't have the liability limits that a public institution might enjoy.
I may be wrong, but this really could be the end of that school. Not just the athletic department. The entire school. I can't imagine a bankruptcy court allowing them to continue operations after what has gone on.

We better see some real movement. This is absolutely ridiculous. There are clearly a lot of really bad people at that university. Same as Penn State, but nothing meaningful ever happened there, so I'm not holding my breath that anything meaningful will happen to Baylor. The examples set by both schools is institutionally criminal behavior is acceptable.

Back