What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Because Baylor lobbied to replace CU in the move to the Pac-12 when it looked like a bunch of Texas schools were moving. Same reason so many posters hate Neuheisel because he left CU of his own will for a greener pasture. Some people just get a chapped ass and never take the time to heal.
I think most don't like Rick because he was a terrible coach, but were quite happy when he left.

An actual billboard in Dallas.
COMPASSION_45642855.JPG

**** bailer

Best thing now would be a long and very public trial in which the culture at ****bailer that places football wins over girls getting raped is clearly outlined in a court of law.

Lets hope they get a judge who isn't a Bailer grad and a prosecuting attorney who wouldn't mind seeing them turn in the fire.

Best thing now would be a long and very public trial in which the culture at ****bailer that places football wins over girls getting raped is clearly outlined in a court of law.

Lets hope they get a judge who isn't a Bailer grad and a prosecuting attorney who wouldn't mind seeing them turn in the fire.
Not so sure a "very public trial" would be best for the victim.

Not so sure a "very public trial" would be best for the victim.

No, but they can keep her name relatively low key.

Something is going to have to happen though to get the attention of these schools. A load of bad publicity that makes enough donors hesitate to donate followed by a civil suit based in part on information established in the criminal trial with a nice big judgement and the accompanying bad publicity.

At some point some jury is going to award a big enough judgement that the Florida States, Penn States, Tennessees, Baylors, etc start paying more attention to the safety of women and children than they do to winning football games. Hasn't happened yet but at some point it will.

I don't have 1st hand knowledge about this, but a friend who is a Ft Collins attorney and has worked a number of these cases before the school disciplinary boards, says that schools like CSU and CU are pressured to verify a certain number of sex assault cases per year, or it is concluded they are 'covering up'. That is, for every 1000 students, someone has decided there must be 'x' number of such assaults. This doesn't excuse the crap baylor has been pulling for years

I don't have 1st hand knowledge about this, but a friend who is a Ft Collins attorney and has worked a number of these cases before the school disciplinary boards, says that schools like CSU and CU are pressured to verify a certain number of sex assault cases per year, or it is concluded they are 'covering up'. That is, for every 1000 students, someone has decided there must be 'x' number of such assaults. This doesn't excuse the crap baylor has been pulling for years
There's a sexual assault quota?

There's a sexual assault quota?
What I was told, is that these are cases the police won't prosecute, but that the University Disciplinary Committees will. Lots of expulsions. Somebody could probably say how many of those cases CU's Board handles each year

This really gets my blood pressure up. I'm not naive enough to think this doesn't happen at other schools, but the way that Baylor covers this **** up and exposes their students to risk for the sake of the football program (and, the University's reputation as a whole) is particularly galling to me. it's all part of a pattern:

• November 2011, Tevin Elliott (with eligibility remaining), is accused and cited for misdemeanor sexual assault. Baylor does nothing. This was one of five different times he was accused of sexual misconduct between October 2009 and 2012. Each time, Baylor did nothing except prevent allegations from being made public.
  • In April 2012, Elliott raped a sixth woman, who had the courage to go to the doctor immediately and file a police report. The woman reported it also to Baylor, who took no action until Elliott was arrested. Only then did they dismiss him from the program. He was ultimately convicted in 2014 and sentenced to 20 years.
  • August 2013, Sam Ukwuachu transfers to Baylor after Boise State dismissed him due to domestic violence.
  • Ukwuachu is accused of sexual assault in October 2013 with eligibility remaining. Baylor does nothing except preventing word from making it out in the press. Ukwuachu would later be convicted of sexual assault but be sentenced (by a Baylor alum) o only 6 months out of a possible 20 year sentence.
  • Shawn Oakman (eligibility remaining) is accused of Domestic Violence in spring 2013. Baylor does nothing, except preventing allegations from being made public.
  • Shawn Oakman is accused of rape in 2016 after his eligibility expires. Baylor does nothing to help cover up or prevent the accusations from being made public.
I would hope more prospective female students would be made aware of how Baylor treats female students on campus, and that no parent ever sends their daughter to Baylor ever again.

This really gets my blood pressure up. I'm not naive enough to think this doesn't happen at other schools, but the way that Baylor covers this **** up and exposes their students to risk for the sake of the football program (and, the University's reputation as a whole) is particularly galling to me. it's all part of a pattern:

• November 2011, Tevin Elliott (with eligibility remaining), is accused and cited for misdemeanor sexual assault. Baylor does nothing. This was one of five different times he was accused of sexual misconduct between October 2009 and 2012. Each time, Baylor did nothing except prevent allegations from being made public.
  • In April 2012, Elliott raped a sixth woman, who had the courage to go to the doctor immediately and file a police report. The woman reported it also to Baylor, who took no action until Elliott was arrested. Only then did they dismiss him from the program. He was ultimately convicted in 2014 and sentenced to 20 years.
  • August 2013, Sam Ukwuachu transfers to Baylor after Boise State dismissed him due to domestic violence.
  • Ukwuachu is accused of sexual assault in October 2013 with eligibility remaining. Baylor does nothing except preventing word from making it out in the press. Ukwuachu would later be convicted of sexual assault but be sentenced (by a Baylor alum) o only 6 months out of a possible 20 year sentence.
  • Shawn Oakman (eligibility remaining) is accused of Domestic Violence in spring 2013. Baylor does nothing, except preventing allegations from being made public.
  • Shawn Oakman is accused of rape in 2016 after his eligibility expires. Baylor does nothing to help cover up or prevent the accusations from being made public.
I would hope more prospective female students would be made aware of how Baylor treats female students on campus, and that no parent ever sends their daughter to Baylor ever again.
"Judge" Ken Starr runs a tight ship!!

Back