What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I hate Stephen A because he's an obnoxious, race baiter. But he nailed that one and I'm applauding the big 12 for actually doing SOMETHING! But they have to punish Baylor, this **** is ****ing ridiculous.

Whoa! Someone finally stood up! Nice job, Big 12 leadership!
Eh, read closer. Big 12 is merely acting like it's doing something. They're really not...

In simple terms, the Big 12 is withholding revenue from Baylor until a “third-party review” ensures Baylor’s made the necessary changes.
Depending on the timing of this review, which Baylor in its statement said is in “opportunity to demonstrate progress," these sanctions can be lifted rather quickly.
And when lifted, according to USA Today’s Dan Wolken, the money will be given back to Baylor after being held in escrow.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Big-12-action-against-Baylor-sounds-nice-but-isnt-enough-51179015

They've already demonstrated they won't do ****. 52 alleged rapes and you can go through life with a clear conscience? They need to get the hammer dropped on them, like a permanent ban. NCAA has no balls though so doubt it will happen, they ****ing deserve it though.

So... wait- let me get this straight: we had 10 straight months of "why won't someone do something about bailer" and now that the Big 12 takes the first step it's not good enough?

What if the independent third party review documents hard evidence that forms the basis for a Title IX lawsuit?

So... wait- let me get this straight: we had 10 straight months of "why won't someone do something about bailer" and now that the Big 12 takes the first step it's not good enough?

What if the independent third party review documents hard evidence that forms the basis for a Title IX lawsuit?
The Big 12 isn't doing a thorough investigation of the allegations. They are looking into whether they've made the necessary changes... No, it's not good enough. This isn't even a slap on the wrist. It's a potential slap on the wrist.

The Big 12 isn't doing a thorough investigation of the allegations. They are looking into whether they've made the necessary changes... No, it's not good enough. This isn't even a slap on the wrist. It's a potential slap on the wrist.
I would say it is the appearance of doing something with an incredibly small chance of a slap on the wrist. In other words, it is politically expedient bull****.

Baylor is gonna want that money. To get that money, it's going to have to release information it has refused to make public if it wants to make its case.

I think it's a pretty savvy move for the Big 12 to make, considering that it doesn't have investigative authority and has questionable jurisdiction within the conference by-laws.

Rather than play ball, I expect Baylor to sue the Big 12.

I would go so far as to say that it looks lie this is being done to protect ****bailer. Notice that they are not talking about punishing them for the horrible **** they have already done. They are talking about doing an audit to show the world that they have the minimum requirement of protections in place now. Sort of like self-reporting violations in the hope that the NCAA will not come down as hard because the institution is out in front of things. To be clear, all that the conference is doing is requiring them to meet the baseline standards that all programs are required to meet.

The important things to note:
1) Zero penalties for past wrongdoing
2) Requirements for receiving their entire share of profits are entirely proactive.

The Big XII obviously needs ****bailer not to get the death penalty. IMO, this is just them playing the game to prevent that from happening.

Big 12 and/or NCAA should shut Baylor down for athletics. No $$$ from Big 12 and death penalty from NCAA.

I know I'm dreaming but those 52 women have nightmares.

Sadly if we know about 52 what is the real number. They haven't exactly made it a safe and comfortable environment in which to report. As a husband and father of two girls I hate to even think about it.

Sadly if we know about 52 what is the real number. They haven't exactly made it a safe and comfortable environment in which to report. As a husband and father of two girls I hate to even think about it.

That's why folks were fired.

They were supposed to keep it under 5 rapes per win with the football program.

Who the hell knows what the number is but they aren't gonna get anything most likely. Maybe a few things here and there but the death penalty won't be one of them. It's like they are gun shy since the SMU decision. Yeah but give us sanctions for letting walkons eat, something wrong with that to me.

Who the hell knows what the number is but they aren't gonna get anything most likely. Maybe a few things here and there but the death penalty won't be one of them. It's like they are gun shy since the SMU decision. Yeah but give us sanctions for letting walkons eat, something wrong with that to me.

This. You can ignore rapes but don't give any kids food or gifts because that's the worst thing in the world.

Back