What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

1st victory for the victims.

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that a lawsuit against Baylor University involving 10 women -- including one who alleged she was raped by a football player -- can proceed in court, allowing attorneys to start requesting records from Baylor and conducting interviews.
U.S. District Judge Robert Pittman has been assigned to all six lawsuits regarding the school, and Baylor has filed motions to dismiss in all but the two most recently filed.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18846299/judge-allows-lawsuit-baylor-proceed

1st victory for the victims.

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that a lawsuit against Baylor University involving 10 women -- including one who alleged she was raped by a football player -- can proceed in court, allowing attorneys to start requesting records from Baylor and conducting interviews.
U.S. District Judge Robert Pittman has been assigned to all six lawsuits regarding the school, and Baylor has filed motions to dismiss in all but the two most recently filed.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18846299/judge-allows-lawsuit-baylor-proceed

This could be a huge step.

Get the records out of Baylor's hands and let some investigators take a critical look at them.

Why do I get the sense that some of what they find is going to lead to even more ugly information we don't have yet, this thing keeps getting bigger and uglier at every turn.

He’s taking the concept of redemption to mean that properly-identified Christians, like himself, always have a free pass waiting for them. This is how a hollow document, a few scapegoat firings, and engaging in legal battles with victims become repentance. Being a good Christian means whatever the good Christian wants it to mean, and David Garland fancies himself a good Christian.

tenor.gif

He’s taking the concept of redemption to mean that properly-identified Christians, like himself, always have a free pass waiting for them. This is how a hollow document, a few scapegoat firings, and engaging in legal battles with victims become repentance. Being a good Christian means whatever the good Christian wants it to mean, and David Garland fancies himself a good Christian.

tenor.gif
As someone who fails daily at being a "good Christian," that article offends me. I'm not offended at the writer. I'm offended at bailer for painting Christians in a way that an article like this can be written.

Romans 14:16 says, "So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil."

As someone who fails daily at being a "good Christian," that article offends me. I'm not offended at the writer. I'm offended at bailer for painting Christians in a way that an article like this can be written.

Romans 14:16 says, "So do not let what you regard as good be spoken of as evil."

With all sincerity, I've thought from the beginning that as a distant second to the women who have been abused and bullied, Christians have been the biggest victims of the actions by Baylor. I think you are justifiably offended or even outraged.

*Edit - If I substitute Coloradan for Christian in all that they've said to make it a group with which I'm affiliated and means much less to me than a religious faith would... it's be ripping pissed if it was CU and Bruce/Phil made that kind of statement.

Must. NOt. refer. This. Statement. To. Another. Relevant. Non. ****. Bailer. Context.

The death penalty is definitely deserved here imho. I mean hell, everyone is watching and this is still going on? It's a ****ing joke man. Like I said, **** runs downhill, looks like plenty have their hands dirty here.

Back