What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I think two ex-players getting arrested and charged with sexual assault goes beyond "token window dressing."

Let's see how vigorously they look at the culture of the program in their prosecution, let's see if they look at the connections to other violent acts. Let's see if they pursue the question of coaches and other athletic department staff trying to cover up the activities and encourage the victim not to pursue her case.

Will they go after Baylor or will they say "Hey we arrested a couple other guys than Armstead and sent them to trial, problem solved. Nothing left to see here."

It has gotten to the point in the media where they have to do something just to get the heat off. They still haven't come close to addressing the culture that is responsible in the first place. They still have a significant number of upper administrators in place who could not have not known what was going on and not been addressed.

Let's see how vigorously they look at the culture of the program in their prosecution, let's see if they look at the connections to other violent acts. Let's see if they pursue the question of coaches and other athletic department staff trying to cover up the activities and encourage the victim not to pursue her case.

Will they go after Baylor or will they say "Hey we arrested a couple other guys than Armstead and sent them to trial, problem solved. Nothing left to see here."

It has gotten to the point in the media where they have to do something just to get the heat off. They still haven't come close to addressing the culture that is responsible in the first place. They still have a significant number of upper administrators in place who could not have not known what was going on and not been addressed.

Those are all issues separate from the actual criminal acts of these two players. Whether there will be an investigation by the Dept of Ed or not is another matter ... but with DeVos at the helm I have my doubts (fundies tend to stick together). But that's not the fault of the criminal justice system ... all that can do at this point is make a case for conviction of these two scumbags.

“Disgraced,” which had its world premiere at South by Southwest in Austin this month, focuses on the 2003 killing of basketball player Patrick Dennehy by teammate Carlton Dotson, who confessed to the crime and was sentenced to 35 years in prison.

However, “Disgraced” raises questions about Dotson’s guilt, mental competence and legal representation. In doing so, it also casts a shadow on the head basketball coach at the time, Dave Bliss, and the wider Baylor community, about who knew what when and may have been involved in a cover-up.

Baylor is a piece of work.

First Baylor fosters a culture that intimidates and coerces victims from coming forward.

Then when the victims numbers swell and the assalted find the courage to come forward amidst a public scandal, then Baylor attempts to dismiss their case based on a two-year statute of limitations?

All the while Baylor is not subjected to transparency laws. Baylor leadership still has not released facts that were discovered under the Pepper Hamilton investigation.

To this day Baylor continues their strategy of deny, deny, deny, delay, delay, delay, intimidate, and, as a last resort, privately settle.

Under the risk of getting punched in the face, I dare say Baylor appears to be a horrible, unsafe, and unjust place for a family to send their daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The bill seeks to require any school that receives more than $5 million in Tuition Equalization Grants from the state to comply with state open records and open meetings laws. Only two schools in Texas meet that threshold — Baylor and the University of Incarnate Word in San Antonio.
Seliger said the situation at Baylor "is exactly why this bill was filed."

"Senators asked why the law firm hired to investigate the scandal for the university, Pepper Hamilton, never produced a written report. They asked why the administrator in charge of judicial proceedings at the school — Bethany McCraw — remains in her job, even though her office had failed to take action against numerous male students accused of rape. And they expressed suspicion about whether there had been full transparency regarding the involvement of Baylor's board of regents in the scandal."

So here is something interesting. I put a few opinions on the espn comments section on on of the many Baylor stories. Now a few Baylor alum have been viewing my LinkedIn page. Looks like I am getting stalked lol.

So here is something interesting. I put a few opinions on the espn comments section on on of the many Baylor stories. Now a few Baylor alum have been viewing my LinkedIn page. Looks like I am getting stalked lol.

They play dirty. Be careful.

Wow! Not surprising, though, that the university president doesn't even know what was in the Pepper Hamilton report or who was implicated beyond the people who were fired.

Since they apparently only gave an oral recap of the findings, the board of regents was able to tell the new president really whatever they wanted to. Kinda feel bad for the guy, he is just being set up to be blasted for something he had no involvement in and really has very little power to change.

Since they apparently only gave an oral recap of the findings, the board of regents was able to tell the new president really whatever they wanted to. Kinda feel bad for the guy, he is just being set up to be blasted for something he had no involvement in and really has very little power to change.

So far as I can tell, Dr Reagan Ramsower is the head of the snake at Baylor. When justice visits his door, Baylor will have turned an important corner.

reagan-rawsower-baylor-60-minutes-sports-1-620.jpg

Was the oral recap consensual?

Back