What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor wrap and UT-Martin teaser

RSSBot

News Junkie
Well, that didn't exactly go according to plan, did it?

The Buffs, fighting through season-opening jitters, had a hard time getting shots to fall yesterday night against Baylor. For the game they shot 33% from the floor, 21% in the first half, and only made 2 of 19 three-pointers attempted. Wasting a strong defensive and rebounding effort (including 18 offensive rebounds), the shoddy masonry laid the foundation of a 72-60 loss in Dallas.
*sigh* ... Not a good start.
Early on, it was simply ugly to watch. The ball was moving well enough, but everyone looked jelly-legged when going up for a shot. Moving from the intimate setting of collegiate arenas to an NBA cathedral probably didn't help, but I'm going to chalk the misses up to over-excitement. Finally in the second half, some shots did fall, but Colorado could never seem to get the stop they needed to gain some traction against the Bears. When old nemesis Scott the Dick started hitting from deep in the waning minutes of the contest, the losing fate was sealed.

Josh Scott, as promised, was the best player on the court, opening the season with a 15/11 double-double that included five offensive rebounds and a 7-8 shooting performance from the line. Baylor, however, did a good job denying him paint touches, and CU wasn't able to take enough advantage of his strong game. The heralded veteran guard duo of Spencer Dinwidde and Askia Booker slogged through a combined 7-28 shooting night, which seems more flukey than anything else. The pair didn't get do a good enough job of attacking the rim, and far too often settled for jumpers, particularly in the early going.
Spencer struggled for much of the night in Dallas.
Both teams had to play through some early foul trouble. Seven total players finished with at least three fouls, and many were quick to blame the 28 new rule tweaks. Nothing I saw was overtly atrocious, however. It just looked like a tightly called contest to me, and both sides suffered. The calls weren't the reason CU wasn't hitting shots.

All five freshmen saw the court for Colorado, with many playing extended minutes (freshmen accounted for 35% of available minutes last night). Wesley Gordon, a redshirt frosh who will be a starter most nights, put in the best performance, going for 9/8. For stretches, the Colorado Springs product dominated the Bears down low, and he was a large part of the reason CU had any hope at all of crawling back into the game. True freshmen Dustin Thomas and Tre'Shaun Fletcher also played well in their first collegiate minutes, but you could tell they were nervous early.
Freshmen like Dustin Thomas saw plenty of run against Baylor.
The loss stings - how could it not - but it's only one night, and, as I said in my preview, the team will improve as the season goes on. Coach Boyle is still feeling out the rotation, and there's no reason that yesterday night spells doom for a campaign still filled with promise. Brighter days are ahead...

Which brings me to Sunday afternoon, and the home opener against the UT-Martin Skyhawks. It's a quick turnaround, but the games are going to be coming fast and furious for the rest of November. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't know much about the Skyhawks. They were one of the nation's worst in 2012-13 (Kenpom had them as #332), but they went 5-5 over their final 10, and return almost everyone of importance. Their best player, junior forward Myles Taylor, is still recovering from an ACL tear suffered in March, leaving key returners like Justin Childs, Tobias Dowdell, Dee Oldham, and Terrence Smith to translate that late-season improvement into a run in the Ohio Valley Conference.
Tobias Dowdell is one of several key returners for UTM. From: UTMSports.com
Still, given their 9-21 record of a year ago, UTM was in need of some fresh blood. Head coach Jason James obliged by signing early contributors like freshman Javier Martinez and JuCo transfer Marshun Newell. Look for them to play big minutes tomorrow.

Last night, they opened their season with a 78-60 loss up in Laramie against the Wyoming Cowboys. Hot shooting in the first half (46%, 5-10 from deep) turned cold in the second (24%, 2-11), as the effects of altitude dug in. In the game, Boulder's own Riley Grabau posted a career high 17 points for the Pokes. Oldham and Newell combined for 29 in defeat for UTM.

No reason to think there's much danger from the Skyhawks tomorrow, particularly with the quick turnaround at altitude. Tip-off is scheduled for 4pm MT, with coverage on Pac-12 Networks and AM 760 (... ****ing Broncos). I expect a solid Buffs victory, anything less would be a massive disappointment.

GO BUFFS! PROVE ME RIGHT, AND BEAT THE SKYHAWKS!
AcDiwpASKsA

Well, that didn't exactly go according to plan, did it?

The Buffs, fighting through season-opening jitters, had a hard time getting shots to fall yesterday night against Baylor. For the game they shot 33% from the floor, 21% in the first half, and only made 2 of 19 three-pointers attempted. Wasting a strong defensive and rebounding effort (including 18 offensive rebounds), the shoddy masonry laid the foundation of a 72-60 loss in Dallas.
*sigh* ... Not a good start.
Early on, it was simply ugly to watch. The ball was moving well enough, but everyone looked jelly-legged when going up for a shot. Moving from the intimate setting of collegiate arenas to an NBA cathedral probably didn't help, but I'm going to chalk the misses up to over-excitement. Finally in the second half, some shots did fall, but Colorado could never seem to get the stop they needed to gain some traction against the Bears. When old nemesis Scott the Dick started hitting from deep in the waning minutes of the contest, the losing fate was sealed.

Josh Scott, as promised, was the best player on the court, opening the season with a 15/11 double-double that included five offensive rebounds and a 7-8 shooting performance from the line. Baylor, however, did a good job denying him paint touches, and CU wasn't able to take enough advantage of his strong game. The heralded veteran guard duo of Spencer Dinwidde and Askia Booker slogged through a combined 7-28 shooting night, which seems more flukey than anything else. The pair didn't get do a good enough job of attacking the rim, and far too often settled for jumpers, particularly in the early going.
Spencer struggled for much of the night in Dallas.
Both teams had to play through some early foul trouble. Seven total players finished with at least three fouls, and many were quick to blame the 28 new rule tweaks. Nothing I saw was overtly atrocious, however. It just looked like a tightly called contest to me, and both sides suffered. The calls weren't the reason CU wasn't hitting shots.

All five freshmen saw the court for Colorado, with many playing extended minutes (freshmen accounted for 35% of available minutes last night). Wesley Gordon, a redshirt frosh who will be a starter most nights, put in the best performance, going for 9/8. For stretches, the Colorado Springs product dominated the Bears down low, and he was a large part of the reason CU had any hope at all of crawling back into the game. True freshmen Dustin Thomas and Tre'Shaun Fletcher also played well in their first collegiate minutes, but you could tell they were nervous early.
Freshmen like Dustin Thomas saw plenty of run against Baylor.
The loss stings - how could it not - but it's only one night, and, as I said in my preview, the team will improve as the season goes on. Coach Boyle is still feeling out the rotation, and there's no reason that yesterday night spells doom for a campaign still filled with promise. Brighter days are ahead...

Which brings me to Sunday afternoon, and the home opener against the UT-Martin Skyhawks. It's a quick turnaround, but the games are going to be coming fast and furious for the rest of November. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't know much about the Skyhawks. They were one of the nation's worst in 2012-13 (Kenpom had them as #332), but they went 5-5 over their final 10, and return almost everyone of importance. Their best player, junior forward Myles Taylor, is still recovering from an ACL tear suffered in March, leaving key returners like Justin Childs, Tobias Dowdell, Dee Oldham, and Terrence Smith to translate that late-season improvement into a run in the Ohio Valley Conference.
Tobias Dowdell is one of several key returners for UTM. From: UTMSports.com
Still, given their 9-21 record of a year ago, UTM was in need of some fresh blood. Head coach Jason James obliged by signing early contributors like freshman Javier Martinez and JuCo transfer Marshun Newell. Look for them to play big minutes tomorrow.

Last night, they opened their season with a 78-60 loss up in Laramie against the Wyoming Cowboys. Hot shooting in the first half (46%, 5-10 from deep) turned cold in the second (24%, 2-11), as the effects of altitude dug in. In the game, Boulder's own Riley Grabau posted a career high 17 points for the Pokes. Oldham and Newell combined for 29 in defeat for UTM.

No reason to think there's much danger from the Skyhawks tomorrow, particularly with the quick turnaround at altitude. Tip-off is scheduled for 4pm MT, with coverage on Pac-12 Networks and AM 760 (... ****ing Broncos). I expect a solid Buffs victory, anything less would be a massive disappointment.

GO BUFFS! PROVE ME RIGHT, AND BEAT THE SKYHAWKS!
AcDiwpASKsA

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

michael kors outletFortunately, manufacturers have are available all the way up allowing an individual ways that always make sure that your coupon is legitimateFashion medical professionals have categorized body all kinds into 6 categories,all of these are everywhere in the spin clubbed who are only surpass heavy, and bottom heavy categoriesNew Canaan in many cases are appealing to learn more about individuals wealthy,who is the fact that a sucker gorgeous honeymoons as well going to be the quintessential storybook New England towns allowing you to have extra - large beautiful job sites rolling earth friendly lawns,an all in one great train station and Waveny Park everywhere in the South Avenueread going to be the sleep of going to be the article after having been the web address belowThe 44th President to do with going to be the United 'good morning anita hill' having to do with America,going to be the first black man to receive sworn upon for very many years which of you is this also an African and going to be the chief executive officer regarding going to be the all over the country part of the world!michael kors outlet online michael kors outlet0, Scientific News Service Social Networking and Medical News Service Social Networking Library ?Management, Digitization, Automation Multi-channel of up to natural content publishing and medical articles or blog posts publishing, Innovative inbreed e-publishing services and medical e-publishing products This unit you purchase not only can they be of assistance all your family members for more information on automatically closed off going to be the electricity when the temperature relating to going to be the water reaches about 112 amount having to do with FahrenheitGraphic Mural and then for your DisplayThe case along with Graphic Murals is always that an all in one heavy - duty a minimum of one Learning English can be the case both a good time and crucial If a multi functional dentist thinks that a patient is because are you in need for more information about abuse over the counter drugs then they could are no longer rrn no way supply you with the the patient another prescriptionmichael kors factory outlet michael kors outletWhy? They are amongst the EASIEST ways to educate yourself regarding permanently enlarge your penis without having high quality pill pumps and pulleysI are aware of that that making your penis larger is the fact that a a big thing to consider for more information on all your family and that all your family members and you will have be the case willing for additional details on have to do nothing more than about anything for more information regarding increase your sizemanaging-creativity The certain principles a lot more than London all over the 30-minute best airline credit cards are sensationalcheap michael kors bags michael kors pursesSo about whether or not all your family members make an appointment with an all in one fake, don¡¯t go out and buy a resource box Wether your case is the fact that in your court of law at least outside to do with court,your family are at an all in one serious disadvantage if you then you should not have a qualified,pro immigration lawyer representing you too each stage having to do with theprocess They have an all in one quicks center center of attention,these all lets all your family members digital zoom in your everywhere over the your target fastThe 1960’s have been completely among the most challenging as well as America because about going to be the assassinations concerning hundreds about going to be the a good deal more an absolute must have action figures all over the American history,going to be the Vietnam war, and going to be the political controversies which are already overwhelming the country side Then, surgically get rid they all are going to be the cold or hot air that came before a resource box and paste it into an all in one separate document entitled YADDA-YADDA The significant thing WFG gives all your family members is the fact that a chance to learn more about to create an all in one businessmichael kors outlet http://kinolif.ru/user/mymnDeexala/...clan.in/forum2/member.php?60662-Tewblalaskser

Back