What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor's NCAA chances take a hit

Mick Ronson

lose at OU in front of about 2500 people in a postponed due to weather game from last night.

even though we lost to them, i think this is good for our chances to finish in the top half of the league standings. also, puts a bit of the quash on the idea that Baylor was "coming together" and playing good basketball.

and, while OU also nearly blew a double digit lead....they went deep in the shot clock with their possessions which shortened the game (we didn't) and a lot of time BU made mistakes or had a breakdown and sent OU to the line (where we missed a 3 with about 20 secs on the shot clock). If this game is 3 minutes longer from what i saw, BU wins by 5 or 6.

if we can get to 9-7, and there's a logjam at 8-8....good for us re: possible Dancing. I think UT, KU, ATM, MU (rpi 30, a couple tough road losses and favorable remaining schedule) are locks. i think the XII will get 5 and that 5th spot will be CU, NU, or Baylor. i don't think all 3 teams can play their way out of the 5th spot....but one or two might.

Last edited:
9-7 with at least 1 win in the conference tourney should get us in the discussion but 2 of those remaining wins will need to come out of the MU, A&M, KU, UT games. We desperately need some more quality wins.

A shame we couldn't have beat them.

It's also worth noting that lowly OU (with a loss to Chaminade), is now tied for 3rd in the Big XII standings at 4-3.

Baylor is 4-4 with CU, while Mizzou and Corn are 3-3

let's go KSU tonight at home against Neb. EMAW (...and off to take a shower, for which i will NOT forget my power towel).

Indiana upset 20th ranked Minnesota tonight which is good for CU. We need all the help we can get. Their record is bad but they are playing better as they've beaten Illinois and Indiana and only lost @MSU by 1 in OT

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that lowly OU (with a loss to Chaminade), is now tied for 3rd in the Big XII standings at 4-3.

OU and Tech are a combined 7-2 in their last 9. OU's days are numbered however, they've had a favorable last two weeks with Tech, ISU and CU and BU in Norman. they still have Kansas, Mizzou, and another dose of Horn and Aggy....and both games against OSU. if they win 2 of those 6 games they've done well.

KSU beat the Corn 69-53 in Manhattan tonight

KSU is now 15-8 (3-5)with a trip to Ames before coming to Boulder
Corn are 15-6 (3-4) with KU coming to Lincoln and then a trip to Waco

looking at the remaining schedule, i can see KSU getting back to .500 at the end of conf play.

Their upcoming road games at ISU and CU are huge for them. It lightens up a little, but KU, Texas and Mizzou still loom. I don't know if we want them to do well and have our win (and hopefully two wins) look good, or have them fall apart so they're not in any consideration for the tournament

Okie Light beat Mizzou in Stoolwater. Probably not the best thing to happen as it keeps the Pokies tourney hopes alive

OSU is 15-7 (3-5) with a visit from OU coming up
Mizzou is 17-5 (3-4) with our Buffs headed to Columbia

Go Buffs
Beat Mizzou

We've got too good of team with a great coach, and we made a huge splash early in the season, plenty of headlines. I'm glad we didn't sit back and relax against the worst team in the conference.

Back