What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BCS Committee Approves Playoff System

The funny thing is that all of the small conference programs are whining that the new playoff won't help their chances at all, and might even make their chances worse. Yet, they were the ones screaming to congress for a playoff. Guess, you should be careful what you wish for. Suckers.

I'm not looking forward to the controvestry from this which will be like this until 2025 when the contract ends.

Contracts can be broken. Especially when money is involved. Something tells me 8 or 16 schools will bring more money than 4. I wouldn't worry about the duration one bit. If 4 works well without controversy then it will probably stay. Have 3 or 4 years of controversial committee picks and they will expand pretty quickly.

I think they're really close to getting this figured out. If they can tweak this to have the four winners of the four major bowl games as the participants in the playoff, it would be hard to argue against.

Gawd, this is so simple, why can't people see this?

Contracts can be broken. Especially when money is involved. Something tells me 8 or 16 schools will bring more money than 4. I wouldn't worry about the duration one bit. If 4 works well without controversy then it will probably stay. Have 3 or 4 years of controversial committee picks and they will expand pretty quickly.

Contracts can be replaced, but unless something drastic happens, it seems unlikely the collective presidents will be enthusiastic about doing anything - they can now say they have a playoff so it's done until the contract is complete.

Back