What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Be careful what you wish for

This Oregon team is better than that Oregon team, IMO.
I am in agreement. I think this is O's year. I do not see them losing in conference play or the conference championship game. I also predict Marcus to win the Heisman. All that Nike money is finally going to pay off for them.

I am in agreement. I think this is O's year. I do not see them losing in conference play or the conference championship game. I also predict Marcus to win the Heisman. All that Nike money is finally going to pay off for them.

Then it will all come crashing down. They are going to get their crystal ball and then something so damaging it cannot be swept under the rug is going to leak.

If Oregon gets up on Bama by a couple of scores which is highly possible I don't see Bama having the offensive firepower to catch up and keep up. If Bama can control Oregon then you get a pretty competitive game. Bama may be the only team in the country with the speed and discipline on defense to slow Oregon down but I think I would pick the Ducks this year.

Oregon is very good but Alabama would abuse them.

Oregon is a finesse team and they don't have a championship defense. They also have a tendency to be penalized so far ... sloppy.

I see what aTm did to Alabama.

Oregon's offense is much more potent and they have an elite D.

I can see a number of scenarios, but Oregon beats Alabama 8/10 times easily. 2 or 3 times they just boatrace them for a 2-3 TD game. 3 or 4 times it's close (1-2 scores) and once it goes down to a last minute FG. 2/10 times an Oregon player gets injured or Alabama just executes an A+ game plan with Oregon forgetting to show up.

Alabama is awesome. They do not have the skill or speed to hang with Oregon, however. It doesn't matter how long Saban gets to prepare, speed kills.

I can see a number of scenarios, but Oregon beats Alabama 8/10 times easily. 2 or 3 times they just boatrace them for a 2-3 TD game. 3 or 4 times it's close (1-2 scores) and once it goes down to a last minute FG. 2/10 times an Oregon player gets injured or Alabama just executes an A+ game plan with Oregon forgetting to show up.

Alabama is awesome. They do not have the skill or speed to hang with Oregon, however. It doesn't matter how long Saban gets to prepare, speed kills.

To say that Oregon can't compete with Bama based on what happened a couple years ago is also not valid.

This Oregon team is more talented at a lot of key positions, they are a notably better team. At the same time while Bama is still outstanding and has recruited and developed players well they have not completely replaced the flood of outstanding talent they have sent to the NFL the last couple years. A&M showed that their defense has some holes and their offense while very good is not close to dynamic enough to keep up in a scoring contest with Oregon.

The defense is getting better every game. A couple of freshmen are replacing upperclassmen and getting major playing time. By the time the BCS rolls around this defense is going to be outstanding. The offensive line is now coming together. I was very concerned early in the year but I see this team playing better every week. I hope Oregon or Clemson/FSU win out. I think UA would mudhole tOSU.

The defense is getting better every game. A couple of freshmen are replacing upperclassmen and getting major playing time. By the time the BCS rolls around this defense is going to be outstanding. The offensive line is now coming together. I was very concerned early in the year but I see this team playing better every week. I hope Oregon or Clemson/FSU win out. I think UA would mudhole tOSU.

I would love nothing more than to see Oregon lose another MNC game. As a Husky I truly mean this.

I'm afraid this is their year, however. I'll be rooting for 'Bama if they face Oregon in the title game.

I think there are 3 or 4 teams in the Pac that would mud hole tOSU, along with several from the SEC. tOSU in the title game is why there is going to be a playoff next year...

I'm hoping the reign of Bama ends this year (even if it must be Oregon), but I won't be counting on Saban in a title game against Mark ****ing Helfrich. That's advantage Alabama big time.

I think there's a good chance that Oregon will lose to either UCLA and Stanford even though I think Oregon is much better than either of those 2. Having to play 3 games (presumably) against those 2 leaves a good chance they'll lose once. Oregon is yet to play a real good team but the UCLA and Stanford games fit that category.

Right now I see the elite teams as a small group of Clemson, FSU, Bama, LSU, A&M, and Oregon, with Baylor being a potential wildcard. The game I'd like to see is A&M-Oregon but the chances are slim of that one happening.

I think there's a good chance that Oregon will lose to either UCLA and Stanford even though I think Oregon is much better than either of those 2. Having to play 3 games (presumably) against those 2 leaves a good chance they'll lose once. Oregon is yet to play a real good team but the UCLA and Stanford games fit that category.

Right now I see the elite teams as a small group of Clemson, FSU, Bama, LSU, A&M, and Oregon, with Baylor being a potential wildcard. The game I'd like to see is A&M-Oregon but the chances are slim of that one happening.

Oregon won't lose to a Pac squad. UCLA will be their toughest competition during the remainder of the season. Stanford not so much. There is no chance Oregon loses to Stanford this year if Mariota plays. UCLA could win if DAT, Mariota and a few other starters for Oregon sit out.

I wish it was not true but Oregon can boatrace anybody in the country this year.

Why the ****:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang: am I the one who has to defend Whoregon here? Man I feel dirty...

Please prove me wrong somebody. I do not want OU to remain undefeated... Short of an NFL matchup OU will not lose this year.

You ****ers need some geography lessons.

northwestmap.jpg

Chip Kelly lost to Gene Chizik in a big game. That is still pretty funny.

I want to see Oregon/Alabama. I worry about LSU knocking off Bama tho.

Back