What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bearings

The Ogre

Club Member
Club Member
The Buff's bearings are all screwed up. Like a set of ball bearings with f'ed up balls - some more than others - the wheels keeps wobbling on this wagon. After a week where the wheels go all funky right away, the coaches cobble things back together as best they can, only to have the wagon falter later in the game.

The end result changes little, our wagon sucks. It's better than it used to be when the damned wheels used to completely fall off, but it still sucks. The coaching staff are the housing to these lousy bearings, and there are flaws there, too. MacIntyre is the dude pulling and trying to fix the thing, and is ultimately responsible for getting the rusted out piece of crap back in working order, but it's tough to see how much progress he's making (some, for sure).

His shop is improving, thanks to RG, but his acquisitioning is still in question. Until this wagon gets some real balls (bearings, that is ((recruits))), there's only so much we can expect from the ride in the Buff wagon. I hate today's collapse, but in retrospect, am still encouraged. Relatively.

...drinky-ogre metaphors aren't meant to be perfect...

go buffs

The Buff's bearings are all screwed up. Like a set of ball bearings with f'ed up balls - some more than others - the wheels keeps wobbling on this wagon. After a week where the wheels go all funky right away, the coaches cobble things back together as best they can, only to have the wagon falter later in the game.

The end result changes little, our wagon sucks. It's better than it used to be when the damned wheels used to completely fall off, but it still sucks. The coaching staff are the housing to these lousy bearings, and there are flaws there, too. MacIntyre is the dude pulling and trying to fix the thing, and is ultimately responsible for getting the rusted out piece of crap back in working order, but it's tough to see how much progress he's making (some, for sure).

His shop is improving, thanks to RG, but his acquisitioning is still in question. Until this wagon gets some real balls (bearings, that is ((recruits))), there's only so much we can expect from the ride in the Buff wagon. I hate today's collapse, but in retrospect, am still encouraged. Relatively.

...drinky-ogre metaphors aren't meant to be perfect...

go buffs

I have no idea what you're trying to say really, but it made me laugh because I'm in a 3-day meeting about bearing life and reliability. Wheeee!

Back