What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beckley Article

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Thorburn had a nice article on Trent Beckley in today's Boulder Daily Camera. Beckley's a 6'10", big body grinder from Vail who is a RS-Junior former walk-on to the program. He sat out last year due to a stress fracture in his spine.

The following quotes make it pretty clear what Beckley's role is this year:

Beckley
"Rebounding was definitely an issue last season and it was hard to be on the bench watching your teammates getting out-rebounded and out-hustled, knowing that's what I bring to this team is the enthusiasm," Beckley said. "I'm not saying they didn't go about it the right way, but that's kind of what I bring is the intensity and energy. Sometimes we lacked that."

Bzdelik
"Trent has great passion, a huge body, he's someone people forget about when they talk about our basketball team," Bzdelik said. "He's a five-foul guy with a wide body who plays with passion and can hold and contain position in the post. And he can rebound.

"It's just a matter of playing under control. That's his area of need, so to speak."

Thorne
"Trent brings a different type of attitude to the big-man core, a will and a want-to," Thorne said. "He`s very big and he plays very fierce. He just needs to calm himself down and go out and do it on the floor."

Back