What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beer Returns to Folsom????

Ok... I really like to enjoy a beer or ten, however, I think it would be a very very very very big mistake to cell beer at the Buffs games. I'm sorry... but you've seen how crazy our fans are. They aren't gunna stop drinking before the game, I think that's a given... Drinking throughout the entire game is going to cause nothing but problems. I'm sorry alcies... But I vote "No Deal".

Ok... I really like to enjoy a beer or ten, however, I think it would be a very very very very big mistake to cell beer at the Buffs games. I'm sorry... but you've seen how crazy our fans are. They aren't gunna stop drinking before the game, I think that's a given... Drinking throughout the entire game is going to cause nothing but problems. I'm sorry alcies... But I vote "No Deal".

It might keep a lot of people in the stadium.

Just serve 3.2 beer. You really have to try to get drunk off that stuff and surely you couldn't do it one beer at a time waiting in line each time.

The point is, people who are going to be drinking throughout the game are going to be drinking throughout the game no matter what. Would you rather be making money of those who'd prefer to buy beer, or just have everyone smuggling in their flasks of whiskey?

I think you're missing the point. It's pretty well been proven that taking beer out of the stands has done jack squat to curb alcohol consumption.

Just serve 3.2 beer. You really have to try to get drunk off that stuff and surely you couldn't do it one beer at a time waiting in line each time.

The point is, people who are going to be drinking throughout the game are going to be drinking throughout the game no matter what. Would you rather be making money of those who'd prefer to buy beer, or just have everyone smuggling in their flasks of whiskey?

That's what CSU sells, you don't ever hear whore stories about games up there. But then again the games are usually over in the first half

That's what CSU sells, you don't ever hear whore stories about games up there. But then again the games are usually over in the first half

That's because nobody goes and they play in the middle of a field. Hell, they could burn the place down and be back in business the next week with some temporary bleachers and nobody would know the difference.

I remember the 95 nebraska game, John Elway was standing by Ralphie the whole game and that dude literally choked down like 6 beers. Kenny Rogers was hanging out on the deck at Dal Ward the same game. I dont know why I remember that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV6In1K8zKk"]Kenny Rogers[/ame]

I remember the 95 nebraska game, John Elway was standing by Ralphie the whole game and that dude literally choked down like 6 beers. Kenny Rogers was hanging out on the deck at Dal Ward the same game. I dont know why I remember that.

Sounds like a slow day for Mr. Elway! LOL :lol:

Kenny Rogers

I remember seeing Elway at a Buff game and using the port-o-pots outside the gates at the north end of the stadium. He got booed by all of the folks standing in line because he chose to skip ahead and use the handicap one... :lol:

(Is Spring Break over yet?)

That's because nobody goes and they play in the middle of a field. Hell, they could burn the place down and be back in business the next week with some temporary bleachers and nobody would know the difference.

That's great!! :lol: It's worth a rep, but I got the "you need to spread it around" message. :huh:

I remember seeing Elway at a Buff game and using the port-o-pots outside the gates at the north end of the stadium. He got booed by all of the folks standing in line because he chose to skip ahead and use the handicap one... :lol:

According to Chilly, that's exactly where he belonged... :lol:

The number of arrests won't change because the amount of alcohol consumed will remain the same.

Do we know that? Does anyone have any data on the number of alcohol related incidents at Folsom before the beer ban and after the ban?

I think I remember reading an article 4 or 5 years ago that showed a statistical decrease in alcohol related incidences at football games in Boulder after the ban of beer sales. I remember this because I remember thinking when I read it, "Sh!it now they will never bring beer sales back." It would be interesting to see what the data says today.

Do we know that? Does anyone have any data on the number of alcohol related incidents at Folsom before the beer ban and after the ban?

I think I remember reading an article 4 or 5 years ago that showed a statistical decrease in alcohol related incidences at football games in Boulder after the ban of beer sales. I remember this because I remember thinking when I read it, "Sh!it now they will never bring beer sales back." It would be interesting to see what the data says today.

I remember seeing the same thing put out by the CU Police Dept. There is no way that CU is bringing back alcohol to Folsom - it is practically banned in every NCAA arena and stadium and isn't served at bowl games, the b-ball tournaments, etc. Eventually, when things get really exciting again, people won't leave, students will show up on time and everyone will do what other fans in stadiums across the country do - bring flasks & airport bottles into the stadium with them...

I remember seeing the same thing put out by the CU Police Dept. There is no way that CU is bringing back alcohol to Folsom - it is practically banned in every NCAA arena and stadium and isn't served at bowl games, the b-ball tournaments, etc. Eventually, when things get really exciting again, people won't leave, students will show up on time and everyone will do what other fans in stadiums across the country do - bring flasks & airport bottles into the stadium with them...

No beer at NCAA sanctioned events yet we see tons of beer ads during the NCAA tournament and the bowl games. Nice double standard you have there.

Another thing I found strange is that they sold beer at the Big 12 CG in Dallas and at the MWC tournament when it was in Denver for those 3 years. I guess because those games were being put on by the conferences and not by the NCAA. :huh:

There is no way that CU is bringing back alcohol to Folsom - it is practically banned in every NCAA arena and stadium and isn't served at bowl games, the b-ball tournaments, etc.

FWIW...They did serve beer at the Independence Bowl this year. I had the hang-over to prove it.

My faux pas - I thought beer wasn't allowed at NCAA events. Like the Tourney in Denver this year - no beer (except in the suites - and you had to preorder).

My opinion is still that you won't see beer in Folsom unless you bring it in yourself or look upstairs and see someone cheers you from up high.

Since this thread was so painfully resurrected:

I have to wonder what other Universities presently allow beer sales at their football games? To the regular fans, not just to those in the sky boxes.

Since this thread was so painfully resurrected:

I have to wonder what other Universities presently allow beer sales at their football games? To the regular fans, not just to those in the sky boxes.

No beer sales for the common fan at Big 12 games is something I completely blame Tom Osborne for. **** that guy.

Back