What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beer Returns to Folsom????

If nothing else, this thread reminds me that I miss Corn8her. And BuffSurveyor is a pathetic loser. Thanks to whomever resurrected this thread, bitch.

If nothing else, this thread reminds me that I miss Corn8her. And BuffSurveyor is a pathetic loser. Thanks to whomever resurrected this thread, bitch.

Still butt hurt not having beer at CU games I see.

Oh, and who blesses the soil you walk on? I need to hire him.

This thread can die now.

Still butt hurt not having beer at CU games I see.

Oh, and who blesses the soil you walk on? I need to hire him.

This thread can die now.

What are you looking at, nerd?

I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche-bag, but that's in Ohio.

Wrong thread? Maybe. Maybe not.

Alas, only 21 year-olds and over can legally purchase the stuff (and from my memory when I was at CU in the 80's and they sold beer at games, they were good about carding people, even though they sold, as I remember it, 3.2 beer and you only had to be 18 years old at the time to purchase 3.2 beer), so that won't enter into their thought process.

Since this thread was so painfully resurrected:

I have to wonder what other Universities presently allow beer sales at their football games? To the regular fans, not just to those in the sky boxes.

The Carrier Dome in Syracuse sells beer for football and basketball. Also I think the "too rowdy" argument is invalid, how many common fans (especially students) can afford to get drunk on $7 beers?

The Carrier Dome in Syracuse sells beer for football and basketball. Also I think the "too rowdy" argument is invalid, how many common fans (especially students) can afford to get drunk on $7 beers?

There was no beer being sold in folsom field when portions of the student section were cleared.

They used to sell beer in the coors event center and the atmosphere was most certainly not as rowdy as it is now.

3.2 beer at that. It's absurd. All politics. If common sense were employed, they would have brought beer back 10 years ago once it became obvious they weren't stopping the consumption of alcohol and in fact were indirectly promoting it.

It's a perception issue. Probably some liability involvement too.

Sadly, this is one case where "it's about the money" hasn't carried the day. When CU athletics was hurting so badly financially, beer sales would have been a very important bump of about $500k in revenue every year.

There was no beer being sold in folsom field when portions of the student section were cleared.

They used to sell beer in the coors event center and the atmosphere was most certainly not as rowdy as it is now.
Like the Carrier Dome lacking AC, it's ironic that Coors lacks beer. When they were drawing 2-4k many games, the likelihood of something breaking out because of alcohol was pretty low. The risk is a lot higher with 9-11k. I think the best argument for having alcohol is that there will be less pregaming among those who can afford it. Either way, alcohol is going to be a factor, whether they sell it or not.

They still sell beer at the Coors Event Center, just not on the main concourse. It's not hard to find. Nobody checks to see if you're a real season ticket holder or not.

Apparently Minnesota lost money by selling beer at their stadium. How you lose money selling $7 beers is beyond me...they must have the worst concession contract ever.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...7880/minnesota-lost-money-on-alcohol-stadiums

Minnesota had to spend, like equipment rentals and additional police and security

One of the problems with this report is that they factored in the cost of additional security, which is very subjective.

I say skip the beer.... now that its legal, they should open up sales of MaryJane.:thumbsup: it would be a double win as the sales of pizza and hotdogs would go thru the roof. or is that only to by used in the privacy of one's home???

I say skip the beer.... now that its legal, they should open up sales of MaryJane.:thumbsup: it would be a double win as the sales of pizza and hotdogs would go thru the roof. or is that only to by used in the privacy of one's home???
I'm with you, and they could sell it in the 4th quarter because everybody would be too stoned to get in a fight.weed.jpg

Last edited:
What are you looking at, nerd?

I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche-bag, but that's in Ohio.

Wrong thread? Maybe. Maybe not.

booger from revenge of the nerds haha

Now YOU'RE in the wrong thread. I hope FlaBuff didn't rep you for that.

AS much as I hate to say it, the fusker has a very legitimate point here.

Would improve the AD P&L, make fans happy & cause the new AD to immediately become a ****ING LEGEND.

Didn't Minnesota claim they actually lost money by selling beer at football games due to all the extra security they had to hire? I'm still not sure how that's possible, there are over 100 pro teams in the 4 major sports that have managed to figure it out.

Back