What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beer Returns to Folsom????

Even CU has figured it out for home MBB games. Season Ticket holders and Buff Club members can go to the practice facility and drink some $9 beers all game long and there's big screens in there.

And a good portion of the student body is hammered at game time anyway. The Season Ticket holders and Buff Club members are the ones with the cash and 99% less likely to require "extra security". This alone will increase membership in Buff Club and sell more season tickets as well. It's time to get smart and quit throwing away revenue. Throwing out the baby with the bath-water..... My Dad taught me that one!

Interesting, I had no idea he was head of the CU Hospital Foundation. I wonder why he would want the job, does he really care that much about CU athletics? I know the keg has his name on it, but I always saw that as a marketing tool for him, not some philanthropic gesture to CU athletics.

That bit about him working his way to the top is pretty lame. He may have taken out the trash or whatever as a teenager, but his last name had more to do with his becoming CEO than anything.

Interesting idea. He would certainly have the cache to rub elbows with the kinds of folks that would be able to pony up the funds to finish the facilities plan. Back on topic, I wonder if any of the proposed improvements to the stadium include a beer garden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Interesting idea. He would certainly have the cache to rub elbows with the kinds of folks that would be able to pony up the funds to finish the facilities plan. Back on topic, I wonder if any of the proposed improvements to the stadium include a beer garden.

Well if they are based on Tharp's plans from a decade ago, there's probably a Liquormart beer garden built in there somewhere.

Didn't Minnesota claim they actually lost money by selling beer at football games due to all the extra security they had to hire? I'm still not sure how that's possible, there are over 100 pro teams in the 4 major sports that have managed to figure it out.

How many more Argus assholes could they possibly get?

1. Two University of Texas researchers, writing in the Journal of Sport Management, conclude that alcohol sales at college football games should be limited to premium seating areas. The researchers looked at an unnamed public university’s financial data from 2008-10, wrote that by the time the concessionaire took its cut, the increase in revenue from general admission sales wasn’t worth the social and ethical costs. However, the availability of alcohol in the club seats helped drive demand for them." ESPN 3-Point Stance

...a possibility

Considering that beer drives demand for Club Level, I think that CU can extrapolate that to season tickets and Buff Club membership. Put a beer garden on both the east and west sides. To gain admittance, you need to show a season ticket stub for that game or your Buff Club card.

Considering that beer drives demand for Club Level, I think that CU can extrapolate that to season tickets and Buff Club membership. Put a beer garden on both the east and west sides. To gain admittance, you need to show a season ticket stub for that game or your Buff Club card.

Nik. Your most brilliant post ever. Would this spell the end of Sackygate though? Hell no!

The researchers looked at an unnamed public university’s financial data from 2008-10, wrote that by the time the concessionaire took its cut, the increase in revenue from general admission sales wasn’t worth the social and ethical costs.

Social and ethical costs?!? :wtf:

Who the hell writes this stuff? Social and ethical costs? Honestly, that's about as stupid an argument t as I've ever heard.

Social and ethical costs?!? :wtf:

Who the hell writes this stuff? Social and ethical costs? Honestly, that's about as stupid an argument t as I've ever heard.

There's a "perception" of endorsing drinking alcohol by an educational institution where 50% of the students are under 21 years old.

It all comes down to politics.

I have long argued that the season ticket holder lounge at Coors event should be BUffClub only.

One set up i really liked was at kNU across the street from the stadium, as in 40 feet from it, is the Champions club, you have to be a certain donor level and season ticket holder to access it. It is a basic structure with a nice lot open main floor and conference room top floor with TV's a bars in it, couldn't have cost a ton to build and is constantly packed. Something similar just off Franklin would be great, during the off-season the main floor doubles as storage, perfect dual use, revenue producing and cheap to build.

There's a "perception" of endorsing drinking alcohol by an educational institution where 50% of the students are under 21 years old.

just don't allow students to enroll until they turn 21. Problem solved.

I'll get to this in a second. Back to the social and ethical costs for a second. How did the author calculate those costs? The statement was made that the increases revenue wasn't worth the social and ethical cost. My question is "how do you know?" There's no way to measure "social costs", whatever the hell that is. Freaking PC idiocy at its finest, and it somehow got published. Unreal.

As for the perception thing: so we are better off ignoring the fact that drinking is going on all around campus in the name of "perception?" It's like that bull**** with the cops at the tailgate last year. We are ok drinking on the sidewalk, but the grass in front of Farrand Hall is off limits because its too close to a residence hall? What is this world coming to? Pure idiocy!

It's like that bull**** with the cops at the tailgate last year. We are ok drinking on the sidewalk, but the grass in front of Farrand Hall is off limits because its too close to a residence hall? What is this world coming to? Pure idiocy!

WHAT?!?! This really happened?

I have not had a problem in lot 169... BUT last year they started kicking us out of the lot a half hour after the game ended...not a problem if buffs were blown out...but if and when we win a game?!...then it is a problem

I have not had a problem in lot 169... BUT last year they started kicking us out of the lot a half hour after the game ended...not a problem if buffs were blown out...but if and when we win a game?!...then it is a problem

There were times, back in the day (2002-2005ish) when we'd stay and party for 2-3 hours AFTER the game. Our DD wasn't too amused, but we were. I wish I remembered more of those times.

WHAT?!?! This really happened?

Yes. This really happened. At first, we thought it was just a couple of cops walking around harassing folks. Then they showed up the next game and did the exact same thing. Infuriating.

Yes. This really happened. At first, we thought it was just a couple of cops walking around harassing folks. Then they showed up the next game and did the exact same thing. Infuriating. ]

There have been a couple of times they've harassed the folks over there. I wasn't at the game yet, but I know a year or two ago they were telling all the folks who tailgate along Farrand that it wasn't a "designated tailgating area" so that drinking wasn't allowed. If I remember correctly it was some BS from some outside agency like the State liquor board or something making the claim and trying to force the Campus PD to enforce it.

Back