What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beer Sales Spreading Among Campuses Nationwide

Sadly, I do not think you would see any of the higher abv beers though. I think that would run counter to the whole people less drunk goal.

Oh yeah, I sometimes mix up Rogue and Stone in my head for some reason. Dog Fish Head is great but I kind of feel like they are slipping.

I'm sticking with Charmer, though it would be pretty aweomse to get something going on within the University. They'd have to probably cax the "dry campus" thing...

It's not a dry campus. I bought some beers on campus at the bowling alley and wine at the Shakespeare festival this summer.

It's not a dry campus. I bought some beers on campus at the bowling alley and wine at the Shakespeare festival this summer.

Huh. That is what people were saying at my gf's MBA BBQ yesterday as the reason they had no beer.

Huh. That is what people were saying at my gf's MBA BBQ yesterday as the reason they had no beer.

Can be served at some events depending on permitting. I forget which department handles the permitting but you can have a party with booze if you get clearance. I believe some of the MBA tailgates have booze. Maybe I am mis-remembering though. Been a few years since I attended one.

okay here is a business idea for someone.

1 - convince CU to let you open a beer garden
2 - sell cans of beer from the following Colorado breweries for $5 each: ska, avery, oskar blues, odell (will be going to cans soon), dry dock, upslope, bonfire, crazy mountain, sanitas, asher, renegade, Pateros Creek, Eddyline, Crabtree, coors
3 - give $2 of every can sale to CU AD
4 - profit

can are great, it is easy to transport, you don't need special equipment to dispense, and you can serve them fast. Sure you will lose some money as opposed to kegs, but it would be insanely awesome.

2 - sell cans of beer from the following Colorado breweries for $5 each: ska, avery, oskar blues, odell (will be going to cans soon), dry dock, upslope, bonfire, crazy mountain, sanitas, asher, renegade, Pateros Creek, Eddyline, Crabtree, coors
4 - profit

can are great, it is easy to transport, you don't need special equipment to dispense, and you can serve them fast. Sure you will lose some money as opposed to kegs, but it would be insanely awesome.

Cans are recyclable so it would fit in their whole "0 Waste Event" thing.

Can be served at some events depending on permitting. I forget which department handles the permitting but you can have a party with booze if you get clearance. I believe some of the MBA tailgates have booze. Maybe I am mis-remembering though. Been a few years since I attended one.

This is correct. It is a dry campus but certain events or places are allowed sales. We used to keep fridges stocked with beer and had bottles of liquor on our desks in the architecture studios and once in a great while we would be reminded that should the campus police ever see it we would be subject to discipline since it is a dry campus.

This is correct. It is a dry campus but certain events or places are allowed sales. We used to keep fridges stocked with beer and had bottles of liquor on our desks in the architecture studios and once in a great while we would be reminded that should the campus police ever see it we would be subject to discipline since it is a dry campus.

Great! That's all we need. A bunch of drunk architects. I don't feel so safe anymore.

does anyone know the details behind the naming of the keg? Did Coors give a one time donation? Are they actively donating? Are we stuck with Coors and the brands they distribute?
Dunno. But when I was a student you could buy Breckenridge in the keg.

Your'e just missing out on a chance to make $ if you don't! I bet it will be 3.2 anyway, drink 30 and pee 2.

does anyone know the details behind the naming of the keg? Did Coors give a one time donation? Are they actively donating? Are we stuck with Coors and the brands they distribute?

It was a very controversial decision at the time. The Coors Family made a big donation. The arena is supposedly named after the Coors Family, not the brewery. 99% of the population in this country doesn't know that there actually is a Coors Family, but that's not the point, is it?

No doubt. If I had Ellie's Brown and 90 Schilling on tap, I really wouldn't need anything else.

d4f13af4efb89f025cc880a5542569b9.jpg

I don't always drink beer. But when I do, it's Ellie's Brown Ale.

I haven't had one of those since the last time I was in Boulder in 08.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a pizza place in the UMC called Mr Tomato's (something like that). They used to sell beer and wine. I remember the day I was selected for naval aviation in ’96, we all went over there to grab a beer to celebrate at 1000 am.

4 - profit

At least as of last year, anyone of age could by pre-game beer at Ralphie's Corral, but you have to drink it there. If memory serves me correctly, it was $7.00 per beer. The selection consisted of 16 ounce cans of Coors Banquet and Coors light, along with 12 ounce bottles of Buffalo Gold. Depending on the game, you could also purchase bloody marys or mimosas. Last year they offered a "season pass" that provided one beverage and one meal for $10 per game, although I have not been solicited for a season pass this year.

Wasn't there a pizza place in the UMC called Mr Tomato's (something like that). They used to sell beer and wine. I remember the day I was selected for naval aviation in ’96, we all went over there to grab a beer to celebrate at 1000 am.

Yep - I remember that place too during the same era (same year as a matter of fact). Should have frequented it more than I did.

I really don't get the beer ban. Most college students are under age and shouldn't be able to buy beer. The students drink in their dorms and apartments before the game. Oh yeah. And after.

There was. Good job establishing the aviator work hours right away.

Back