What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Belk Bowl: Louisiville vs NC State

NC State has had a season where they won 11 games this decade. Has had winning seasons with Sheridan, Rein and Holtz.

My comment was about Tom O'Brien. but since you're seemingly trying to argue that NCSU is a pretty good football school, I'll have to shoot you down.

They won 11 games in 2002 with Philip Rivers due to playing an OOC of East Tennessee State, New Mexico, UMass and Navy. They finished fourth in the ACC that year. They were ****** with O'Cain before that in the 90's, and since 2002 they've gone 8-5, 5-6, 7-5, 3-9, 5-7, 6-7, 5-7, 9-4 and now 8-5. NCSU is a basketball school.

My comment was about Tom O'Brien. but since you're seemingly trying to argue that NCSU is a pretty good football school, I'll have to shoot you down.

They won 11 games in 2002 with Philip Rivers due to playing an OOC of East Tennessee State, New Mexico, UMass and Navy. They finished fourth in the ACC that year. They were ****** with O'Cain before that in the 90's, and since 2002 they've gone 8-5, 5-6, 7-5, 3-9, 5-7, 6-7, 5-7, 9-4 and now 8-5. NCSU is a basketball school.

New Mexico and Navy are Div 1 schools. Plus they played an ACC schedule. You want to throw out one of the games fine but its still a 10 win season. Not a lot of programs get those.

I think its an okay football school that ever once in awhile can win 9-10 games in a year. Better than average. Amato was a bad coach, good recruiter. With a decent coach they probably would have won a conference title with Rivers. (Rivers was a O'Cain commit too)

New Mexico and Navy are Div 1 schools. Plus they played an ACC schedule. You want to throw out one of the games fine but its still a 10 win season. Not a lot of programs get those.

I think its an okay football school that ever once in awhile can win 9-10 games in a year. Better than average.

NCSU is the definition of an average football school. Even in their "good" years, it's the middle of the pack in the ACC for them. On paper, they should be better than they are. I like O'Brien and while he brings some stability and winning seasons, the Wolfpack can forget about taking it to the next level. Over the last 20 years I'd put NCSU about 8th in the ACC

NCSU had a nice Gator Bowl win over ND one year, might be the 11-win season that you're referring to.

Pretty good crowd considering it was a cold, damp, windy day yesterday and I'm sure last night was only worse. I was surprised at the amount of Louisville fans and tailgates around town yesterday, more than I would've expected. I think the only time this bowl has sold out is when the Big East participant was WV since they're they only football fan base in the BE that's worth a damm.

Back