What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bellotti, Richt get early looks for CU coaching job

RSSBot

News Junkie
Former Oregon coach Mike Bellotti and current Georgia coach Mark Richt have emerged as candidates to replace Dan Hawkins as Colorado's football coach.

More...

"Too much baggage", hahahahahaahahah.

I've made it clear that I like the Bellotti idea. He enjoyed tremendous resources at Oregon, but it wasn't always that way. He inherited the Rich Brooks' program and took it to the next level. Oregon football used to be the joke of the nation.

A good recruiter who appears to have done things the right way. Every time somebody on Allbuffs talks about rumors of sleazy tactics, or out of control players on his watch, I always ask for evidence. None has yet been provided. I really believe him to be a solid human being and a good football coach who is well respected in our new conference.

I like Richt, and he has done great things in a challenging conference. But he underperformed in 2008, and his overall trend has been less than positive. He came to Boulder and lost to Dan Hawkins. Again, he's a big time hire, but I like Bellotti more.

It will be interesting to see what other names pop up, but this is an encouraging start...

Back