What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bench Montez (9-14 edition)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
lightning_strike-1vfl5kf-300x235.jpg

averaging 1.3 ypc too
It's 10 carries for 34 yards without the kneel down and the 2 sacks. Not anywhere close to good, but the way they keep this stat in college football is not good. Stats should deduct from passing yards.

I think we need more support for this thread, that's the only way Montez can un**** himself. The will to prove the haters wrong must be strong

Yeah. Bench Montez and finish with 3 wins if you're lucky.
I keep thinking of a Terry Bradshaw story from when he was a young QB and was taking a ton of heat from fans, coaches and teammates. He allegedly said to the team, "You can lose with me, but you can't win without me."

That might very well be the situation we are in with Montez.

I keep thinking of a Terry Bradshaw story from when he was a young QB and was taking a ton of heat from fans, coaches and teammates. He allegedly said to the team, "You can lose with me, but you can't win without me."

That might very well be the situation we are in with Montez.
Bradshaw might be a very good comparison with Montez. Bradshaw was a guy with outstanding physical tools but who was criticized his entire career for his mental game. He was also a guy when put in the right situation won a lot of games.

Bradshaw might be a very good comparison with Montez. Bradshaw was a guy with outstanding physical tools but who was criticized his entire career for his mental game. He was also a guy when put in the right situation won a lot of games.
Part of having outstanding physical tools as a QB is having an accurate arm. Montez is not accurate and he continues not adding any value as a runner/scrambler. At this point, Montez has average physical tools.

Part of having outstanding physical tools as a QB is having an accurate arm. Montez is not accurate and he continues not adding any value as a runner/scrambler. At this point, Montez has average physical tools.
Doesn't have a consistent arm. He has times, like the second halves of the last two games, when he is very accurate.

Consistency more the issue.

I do find it interesting how often fans immediately call for the QBs head. For his failings a lot of P5 teams would gladly have Montez.

If our backups where substantially better don't you think that our coaching staff is smart enough to recognize that and act on it?

Back