What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Benson & DiStefano priorities.

At the West Virginia game I was asking a couple from NJ why their freshman son enrolled in Morgantown.

They said instate tuition at Rutgers (the state U of NJ) was $28K per year!
Out of state at WVU was $22,000. With this tidbit of info on board, I completely understand why CU would be considered a value, and wonder if this plays a role in Hawkins going after more kids from the east coast.

The east coast and places like Chicago are just different......much higher cost of living. Sometimes we forget how good we have it out here.

Case in point: I have an Aunt and Uncle (firmly middle class) back in Chicago with 2 high school-aged boys. They live in Chicago city limits, so their boys attend a private high school (you just don't send your kids to Chicago Public Schools if you can afford not to).

So they attend a private Jesuit school where tuition is $10,000............per year............per kid. :jawdrop:

$80,000...........for high school. Think about that. :shot:

The east coast and places like Chicago are just different......much higher cost of living. Sometimes we forget how good we have it out here.

Case in point: I have an Aunt and Uncle (firmly middle class) back in Chicago with 2 high school-aged boys. They live in Chicago city limits, so their boys attend a private high school (you just don't send your kids to Chicago Public Schools if you can afford not to).

So they attend a private Jesuit school where tuition is $10,000............per year............per kid. :jawdrop:

$80,000...........for high school. Think about that. :shot:

Well, Mullen, Regis, and Valor are in that range, although the Denver area probably has better public schools.

Well, Mullen, Regis, and Valor are in that range, although the Denver area probably has better public schools.

Eggs-actly. Kent Denver Country Day School tuition runs $18k per year.

More like, "God dammit Phil, what is this "value" ****. I don't want to be known as the "K Mart" of universities! RAISE THE TUITION, NOW!!!"

Phil would then politely respond. "I hate to be a wet blanket, boss. But my ability to raise tuition is sorta controlled by Colorado law.

Just say the word if you want me down there in Denver lobbying with you.

By the way, how is the legislative agenda coming along? Any chance we can raise the cap on of out of state kids? A 60% mix of non-res would tide us over until 2012..

Back