What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Berglund...Hmmmm.

So by the content of this thread combined with another big issue of the week I'm assuming that he didn't get a lot of recruiting interest from BYU.

On a serious note I am also glad, seeing what has happened since the fall, that he didn't end up a Buff. As talented as a lot of the individuals were when Mac had his great teams including guys who were very high NFL draft choices, it seemed like when it came to football and the team lots of those guys were much more about the "us" than they were about the "me." Both Embree and Bienemy were prime examples of that way of thinking.

I hope for his sake that Brock doesn't follow in these footsteps but I am seeing another Steve Cutlip in the making. Cutlip was tremendously talented but let his talent define who he was instead of earning it. When things didn't fall into place he lost his way and wasted his talent and opportunity. I'm not say that Berglund is going down this same path but he has already taken some steps that make you wonder if it is a posibility.

Brock Berglund made the right choice in choosing Kansas. He skill set is best for the Spread offense. I wish him the best.

Brock Berglund made the right choice in choosing Kansas. He skill set is best for the Spread offense. I wish him the best.

I agree that he made the best choice from a football perspective to go to KU. It also may have been a better fit with the coaches and the other talent around him and it may have been a better choice for his personal needs academically as well.

I hope that he does well at KU, has a successful career on the field and more importantly off the field.

The concern comes when you see the red flags go up this early in a guys career. He had some issues at Valor that were not major things but that made some people wonder. Now he heads off to college and within weeks of starting is already derailed from the plan he had.

None of us know the real reasons behind the stuff that is going on and it very well could be beyond his control and will only be a minor bump in the road. At the same time when stuff like this happens you have to wonder where its going to lead wether it is happening at KU or if he were at CU.

He is young. He has time and the opportunity to get his stuff back together again and be very successful, I hope he does that. After seeing enough other guys in similar situations who could not overcome their issues with their talent you have to wonder and be a little concerned.

I actually saw Brock and his gf at my local convenience store here in lawrence. he was easily noticed by his height.

I actually saw Brock and his gf at my local convenience store here in lawrence. he was easily noticed by his height.

Recently? During the spring? Isn't she still in HS? I don't doubt this, but he sure has more freedom than my kids did at 18, & so does she.

Recently? During the spring? Isn't she still in HS? I don't doubt this, but he sure has more freedom than my kids did at 18, & so does she.

I don't think he's still in high school. He signed with KU prior to the NOI day. He's done with high school.

Back