What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best Guesses at the starting OL after Spring - SIAP

Very true, I don't know what that was. At least we have a dude now that knows what the hell he is doing. We can't help but improve right.

Having a healthy P-Rich and development of the Thomas boys should keep the opposing safetys out of the box more often next season. That alone will help the O-line and the running game. Having a coherent offensive scheme should do wonders as well. We don't have much depth so I hope everybody stays healthy.

We don't know for sure because practices were closed and JE went into us against the world paranoid mode and didn't divulge information. I had heard from multiple sources that in JEs practices the starters got virtually all the reps. When you do this you end up with tired, injured linemen and back-ups who aren't ready when called on. JE tried to run a college program like an NFL program and we saw the results or lack of.

Hopefully with a staff that knows how to coach at the college level we will end up with an OL that is better prepared when Saturday comes around and is developing depth for the future.

It is very telling that we have had Miller drafted highly, Bak who will be drafted highly, and Handler who was selected by a couple of sources as a potential all-league center before last season and for the last two years we couldn't block well enough to pick up a 3rd and 1 or protect on a three step drop.

That point you make about 3rd and 1's is so true. I can't believe how often we couldn't pick up 1 or 2 yards when we needed it. It was really obvious when we played CSU in the first game of the season and they just handled us upfront. Yet somehow we have a LT who will go 3rd or 4th rd of the NFL. I just can't comprehend how we couldn't pick up short yards in known short yardage situations.

To be fair, the RBs and WRs did not do the OL a lot of favors at times. It is time for some guys at the skill positions to step up.

MacIntyre said we have a "pretty athletic" OL. Whatever that means. I'm not sure why Munyer would move to Guard after playing Center all year.

LT-Lewis
LG-Handler
C- Munyer
RG-Harris
RT-Nembot

2-deep
LT-Graham
LG-Irwin (he could start)
C- Cotner
RG- ???
RT- ???

Any injuries and we're f'ed

I read a quote from Munyer today that he'll play where needed but is most comfortable at the guard position (cubuffs.com article with MacIntyre)

Back