What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best NCAA Helmets

UCLA looked pretty awesome here in Austin last year.

Let's talk about worst football helmets:

- Texas Tech (glittery black and red and white double T...)
- Iowa State (red and yellow dust devil... dumb - looks like a middle school team)
- USC (red and yellow again, with a cheep cartoonish trojan profile)
- Toledo (really, a rocket?)
- UAB (cartoon dragon)
- North Texas/Tulane/Hawaii (****** green helmets)
- Air Force (a lightning bolt???? wtf)
- Eastern Carolina (cartoon peter pan pirate)
- Oklahoma (I still don't undertand why they have a paper clip on the side of their helmet. What does a paper clip have to do with OU??)
-

Couldn't disagree more about Air Force, USC, and OU. All three are classics, IMO. The rest are hideous, though.

Couldn't disagree more about Air Force, USC, and OU. All three are classics, IMO. The rest are hideous, though.

These are just my opinions. OU actually is a good classic look - I just had to take a shot at them... Air Force and USC just don't suit my eye, kind of like Marissa Miller's beef jerky skin. :nod:

How about the Akron Zips? Yay a Kangaroo, are we in Australia?

akron-zips-helmet-logo-primary.jpg

I liked Air Force's helmets a lot better when it had the silver and blue stripes down the middle of the helmet. When Calhoun removed those it made them look high school-ish.

Michigan / Deleware / Princeton
The winged and striped butt cheeks
a6cd0bde-a580-14f7.jpg
a6cd0bde-a594-9e4b.jpg
a6cd0bde-a5a5-42d9.jpg

Any helmet that is white with a letter on the side (NU, Wiscy, Miami if Ohio and whichever is NC State or Stanford.
a6cd0bde-a5e9-879c.jpg
a6cd0bde-a5fc-2c2c.jpg

BYU basically ripped off Yale.
a6cd0bde-a666-96a1.jpg

a6cd0bde-a67b-eede.jpg

Back