What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best thing I saw in the ISU game

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
It seems that our players have finally learned the jump stop.

Sure took long enough. But we finally avoided charges and also gathered to be under control, which allowed us to finish more effectively at the rim.

It's sometimes amazing to me the stuff that has to be taught. Things like coming around a screen and planting your foot so it's pointed to the basket so you're squared to shoot or drive as soon as you receive a pass. Things like fighting through a screen over the top or switching on all screens when guarding a shooter so you don't give him 5 feet. Things like not driving toward a sideline trap when the other team presses you.

We're getting there. All you have to do is watch Northern Colorado to see a team that's coached in fundamentals. But it's a process.

And this stuff is getting corrected one thing at a time. I've seen major improvement in all of these areas as the season has progressed. But the jump stop was the latest and it has made a huge difference for us.

levi has been working the jump stop pretty well the last month or so. i've posted this before, but step-dad who is an OU guy and longtime hoops donor, played the game in college, old school hoops guy....told me last year that Boyle's UNC team was one of the best coached teams he's seen come into the Lloyd Noble Center in a long time.

Back