What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 on verge of new big media deal

NashBuff

CSU Knob-Slobberer
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...g-media-rights-deal-worth-at-least-26-billion

Will be a nice payday for the Big 12 schools but the Pac-12 will still average $1 million more per season per school than the Big 12 and that is not including the PacNets which could push it to $30 million per season per school. That means Texa$ will still get that big money from ESPN despite LHN troubles...a contract is a contract. The SEC and ACC are going to redo their deals and the Big East is supposed to get a new deal in place soon.

CU still made the right decision that day in June of 2010. :thumbsup:

UTerus will be at around $39 mil/year with the rest being around $19 mil/year according to rward on rivals.

my favorite part of the article:

"The Big 12 has come close to breaking up twice in the last 21 months. Both times Oklahoma and Texas flirted with joining the Pac-12. In June 2010, Fox and ESPN guaranteed their payouts would stay the same even as the league shrunk to 10 teams. In September, the Pac-12 presidents basically rejected Texas and Oklahoma after seeing the Big 12’s internal squabbles."

also, props to chuck neinas for a job well done in holding that **** pile of me-first evil-doers together long enough for them to get a new contract done. i know folks have mixed feelings about neinas but this was an excellent piece of work on his part.

also, props to chuck neinas for a job well done in holding that **** pile of me-first evil-doers together long enough for them to get a new contract done. i know folks have mixed feelings about neinas but this was an excellent piece of work on his part.

Perhaps the pressure was on Neinas in Boulder to keep the Big 12 together right?

UTerus will be at around $39 mil/year with the rest being around $19 mil/year according to rward on rivals.

The Big 12 schools already agreed to equal distrubtion for first and second tier telecasts. UT will get that $20 million average per season in addition to that money from the LHN so they will make more than the other Big 12 schools anyway.

When this was reported on tv last night, they indicated it could mean upwards of $5mil per team per year. The announcers were ooohing and aaaahing about it. You know, that will probably be a big deal to one of the little brothers (like IaSt), but it won't make much of a difference for the so-called "big dogs".

Back