What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 predictions: Week 2

RSSBot

News Junkie
A nice start to the season, going 11-1 (91.6 percent) on my picks last week, but plenty of those were gimmes. I hit on all the swing games, but the Jayhawks ruined the perfect week for both my picks and the Big 12's record.

I'll be in Norman this weekend covering the Sooners showdown with the Seminoles, so I'll explain my pick for that game in a video later today.

No. 15 Georgia Tech 27, Kansas 10: Georgia Tech controls the game and the clock, but Kansas' offense takes a step forward -- and into the end zone for the first time.

No. 6 Nebraska 38, Idaho 17: Make no mistake, the Vandals can score. They scored more than 20 points in every game last season. Nebraska will keep them short of that number this week, but the Vandals make it interesting early before the Huskers secondary comes away with a couple big plays to put it away in the second half.

California 27, Colorado 20: The Buffaloes are getting better, and looked good on both sides of the ball last week. Just not good enough to go on the road and beat a good Pac-10 team yet.

No. 10 Oklahoma 31, No. 17 Florida State 21: Hear me explain my pick in a video later today.

No. 9 Iowa 27, Iowa State 13: Hawkeyes defense stifles the Cyclones all day, but Iowa State adds a touchdown late to make it respectable. If Iowa State thought tackling NIU's Chad Spann last week was hard, wait until the first-year starters at linebacker meet Jewel Hampton, who's making a return after a one-game suspension and missing all last year with a torn ACL. Fellow RB Adam Robinson is a load, too. Ricky Stanzi burns the Clones on a deep ball off play-action.

No. 5 Texas 44, Wyoming 10: The Longhorns get back on track and give the fans a show in the home opener with a more comfortable Garrett Gilbert. The defense finally gets the pick-six it was missing last week.

Texas Tech 56, New Mexico 7: The spread for this game is 24 points. That just seems insultingly low, considering what transpired in New Mexico's last game. They don't get as embarrassed at home, but I'll prep my mailbag for hate mail from the Lobos fans. Steven Sheffield gets his first snaps of the season.

Baylor 37, Buffalo 17: Baylor looked like it eased up on the throttle after jumping out to a 28-0 lead last week against Sam Houston State early in the third quarter, but we'll see more of the Bears this week. Kendall Wright gets back on track.

Missouri 47, McNeese State 13: These FCS matchups are the worst thing about college football, but at least there are more attractive matchups across the league this week. State legislation prevented me from picking this game "A whole lot" to "not very much." For every Appalachian State, Jacksonville State and North Dakota State shocker, there are 100 snoozers like this one.

Oklahoma State 41, Troy 20: The spread offense looks very, very good against inferior athletes. Troy has athletes inferior to those of Oklahoma State. Therefore, Oklahoma State's spread will look very, very good. Troy's Jerrel Jernigan will break a couple big plays.

Kansas State 35, Missouri State 13: Carson Coffman could use some confidence and a chance to develop some chemistry with his new receivers in a real gameday atmosphere. This should be a good opportunity.

Texas A&M 41, Louisiana Tech 14: Is conference play here yet?

More...

Back