What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 predictions: Week 3

RSSBot

News Junkie
Last week: 11-1 (.916)

Overall: 22-2 (.916)

I'm headed to Lubbock for the second time in three weeks this weekend for Texas Tech's game against the Longhorns.

Here's how I see Week 3 shaking out.

FRIDAY

Southern Miss 20, Kansas 17 : I've still got not idea what to expect from the Jayhawks, but they'll find things a little bit harder on the road with a freshman quarterback and running back. The defense continues to play well.

SATURDAY

Kansas State 31, Iowa State 24: This one's pretty simple. Iowa State's defensive line hasn't shown much so far this year and a broken leg to starting middle linebacker Matt Tau'fo'ou doesn't sound like something that'll help them have their best performance against the best running game they've faced so far.

No. 8 Nebraska 24, Washington 13: Jake Locker is quite good. He won't look like it on Saturday, between getting chased around by Pierre Allen and Jared Crick and trying to fit his passes around cornerback Prince Amukamara and safety DeJon Gomes. Martinez struggles in the passing game, but tops 100 yards rushing again and the Blackshirts play well enough to win.

No. 7 Oklahoma 41, Air Force 20: The Sooners haven't had to leave home yet, but they'd be able to beat Air Force about anywhere. The Falcons are a good team, just not good enough to win in Norman. The triple option looks good early, but Oklahoma keys in on it for the final three quarters.

Colorado 27, Hawaii 20: For now, I'll take Tyler Hansen at his word and buy that Colorado isn't the team that showed up to Berkeley. The Buffaloes don't do it pretty, but make enough plays to win. If Colorado can't win this one, they might not win many more the rest of the season.

No. 4 TCU 34, Baylor 24: The 21-point spread for this game just seems too high. I wouldn't be surprised if Baylor pulled the upset, but TCU has superior talent and depth. If Robert Griffin gets loose early, he'll at the very least make it close at the end.

Missouri 47, San Diego State 17: Don't worry about style points, Tigers. Win convincingly against a team in the bottom half of the Mountain West, post a nice score, and the pollsters will reward you as others lose. Ryan Lindley's 300-yard games come to an end at Faurot Field.

Oklahoma State 51, Tulsa 34: This thing could turn into a shootout like last week, but Oklahoma State's defense would appreciate getting put into simpler situations after last week's turnovers helped keep Troy in the game.

Texas A&M 51, Florida International 10: Scrimmage No. 3 is over by halftime. The Aggies get 12 days off before it gets real.

No. 6 Texas 28, Texas Tech 24: I'll explain my pick in detail in a video later today.

More...

Back