What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big 12 predictions: Week 8

RSSBot

News Junkie
I'm headed to Columbia this weekend for Missouri and Oklahoma, and I'll be milling around "College GameDay" on Saturday. Last week was another good week of picks for the Big 12 blog, even if my margins of victory were maybe the most off of any week this season. Texas' win over Nebraska was my only whiff of the week.

Texas (UCLA, Nebraska) joined Kansas (North Dakota State, Georgia Tech) and Texas Tech (Baylor, Iowa State) as the only three teams whose games I've picked incorrectly more than once this season.

Last week: 5-1 (.833)

Overall: 51-8 (.864)

No. 19 Texas 31, Iowa State 7: Iowa State hasn't looked like the improved team I thought they'd be this year, and Texas' defense looks like its back to its old ways. As for Paul Rhoads preseason comments, we're seeing the worse record. I'm not so sure about the better team.

No. 16 Nebraska 38, No. 14 Oklahoma State 27: This is my pick of the week. Come back later today for a video of me explaining my pick.

Baylor 34, No. 22 Kansas State 21: Kansas State's defense looked pretty slow against Nebraska. Get ready for more of that when Baylor has the ball with speedsters like Kendall Wright and Robert Griffin making plenty of plays. Up front, Phil Taylor wins the battle on the line of scrimmage and gives way to a big game from Antonio Johnson, who limits Daniel Thomas' effectiveness. Throw Oasis' "Wonderwall" in the tape deck and whip out your VHS of "Forrest Gump," Baylor fans. We're back in 1994 again.

Texas Tech 34, Colorado 24: I almost picked an upset special in this one, but Colorado's offense won't be able to keep up with the Red Raiders.

Texas A&M 44, Kansas 7: I've picked Kansas to lose close the last two times they've played. Not this week. The Aggies take their anger out on the Jayhawks, who don't have the talent on defense to keep up with the Aggies' weapons in every facet of the game on offense.

No. 1 Oklahoma 31, No. 11 Missouri 27: The emotion of the team and atmosphere helps the Tigers jump out to an early lead, but Oklahoma's too strong. Missouri's corners have looked good so far, but they haven't covered a receiver this year as difficult to blanket as Ryan Broyles. Breaking up passes on jump balls to Jeff Fuller is a lot different than trying to keep the league leader in receptions from getting open.

More...

Back