What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big changes for Fox cable channels. No more sports on FX.

Tatanka™

Chief Allbuffs Grammarian and Uniformologist
Club Member
Fox Sports will debut a second 24-hour sports network this summer.News Corporation will convert the Fuel cable network into general sports channel ‘Fox Sports 2′ this August, Sports Business Journal reported Monday. The launch of Fox Sports 2 will coincide with the conversion of Speed Channel to Fox Sports 1.
Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 will be the chief outlets for News Corp. sports programming. FX, which aired college football coverage the past two seasons and previously televised baseball and NASCAR, will no longer carry sporting events. Fox Soccer is expected to be converted into a general entertainment channel.
Currently, Fuel is in 37.6 million television homes — over 43 million fewer than Speed Channel (81.0M). Fox Soccer (42.3M) is actually in more homes than Fuel.
http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/201...-fox-sports-2-fx-will-no-longer-carry-sports/

I'm pretty sure FX is in a lot more homes than Speed or Fuel. Anyone feel like Googling that for me? Doesn't sound good for PAC-12 exposure.

Last edited:
Speed Channel (future 'Fox Sports 1') is on DirecTV Ch607
Fuel TV (the future 'Fox Sports 2') is on DirecTV Ch618

Speed Channel (future 'Fox Sports 1') is on Dish Ch150 in Americas Top 200

Fuel TV (the future 'Fox Sports 2') is on Dish Ch398 as part of the multisport package (same package that contains MLB network, PAC-12, and NFL network) also comes in Americas TOP 250.

Sucks. The FX college football broadcasts last season were of a much better quality than the regional Fox Sports ones I was used to. Would have been even better in my memories if CU was competitive in those games.

I have to think that a big part of Fox's plan is to get these networks carried in a lot more places than they were as Fuel and Speed...

It has to be. I would assume that the fairly universal coverage of FX was a big part of the negotiations between P12 and Fox. You would hope the P12 has some type of protection from Fox choosing to run the games on lesser networks.

I have to think that a big part of Fox's plan is to get these networks carried in a lot more places than they were as Fuel and Speed...

I've had a long week, I am going to need you to stop making sense.

Back