What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big Ten Divisions to be announced TONIGHT at 5 PM MT

i like the divisions. seems about right for competitive balance. a Wiscy fan i know isn't thrilled...though i'm not sure who UW's "rivals" are.

i like the Big Ten in theory, good old Midwestern fun but i often find myself having a hard time caring or paying attention to the ESPN early game.

Those divisions look great for football but a little lopsided for bball.

In basketball divisions almost seem to go out the window for conference play. I believe each team plays everyone else twice, once at home, once away. Maybe it will have an effect on seeding for a conference tournament, or maybe they will seed the entire conference 1-12

In basketball divisions almost seem to go out the window for conference play. I believe each team plays everyone else twice, once at home, once away. Maybe it will have an effect on seeding for a conference tournament, or maybe they will seed the entire conference 1-12

i'd be a little surprised if they in fact do play a 22 game conference schedule in hoops....straight home-homes with everybody else. it's great in principle and one of the things that made the Big 8 such a fun hoops league back in the day....but, 22 games?

The Buffs are and always will be #1 to me but after attending grad school at Wisconsin nothing beats game day in the Big 10/11/12. I attended EVERY CU home game while I was in school and my jaw hit the floor when I went to Camp Randall for the first time (still gives me goosebumps when I get out to Madison for a game). I will root for Wisco under every circumstance unless they are playing my Buffs. Oh and by the way the first CU game my freshman year was Wisconsin at Camp Randall and we crushed them!

The Buffs are and always will be #1 to me but after attending grad school at Wisconsin nothing beats game day in the Big 10/11/12. I attended EVERY CU home game while I was in school and my jaw hit the floor when I went to Camp Randall for the first time (still gives me goosebumps when I get out to Madison for a game). I will root for Wisco under every circumstance unless they are playing my Buffs. Oh and by the way the first CU game my freshman year was Wisconsin at Camp Randall and we crushed them!

But when you leave the stadium you are in Madison.

At least you get to boo those Huskers.

But when you leave the stadium you are in Madison.

Madison is a fantastic town July - early October! And I couldn't be happier that the Badgers get a shot at little red now. The Fuskers have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

Madison is a fantastic town July - early October! And I couldn't be happier that the Badgers get a shot at little red now. The Fuskers have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

I agree that Madison is a nice town.

Madison is nice. i was just messin'.

I like watching Big Ten games, they play solid defense and emphasize running the ball. Obviously those 9 AM ESPN games are crap, but those are always Michigan State vs Indiana or something, the good games are played later.

I like watching Big Ten games, they play solid defense and emphasize running the ball. Obviously those 9 AM ESPN games are crap, but those are always Michigan State vs Indiana or something, the good games are played later.

Exactly, there are plenty of crap games in every conference (ie, Baylor or ISU vs anyone). Most of them just arent on tv. Those early Big 10 games are just an appetizer for the day ahead, gotta work up to the big dogs.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2011

BRUTAL 2011 HUSKER FOOTBALL SCHEDULE! We won't be able to make fun of those Cornboys next year.

The funny thing is that they will be playing a team with similar colors as the Buffs when it comes to the end of the year stuff.

Any good Iowa Hawkeye boards?

The Big Ten really did a nice job with this stuff...I hope Larry Scott and Kevin Weiberg were watching the show.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=3&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2011

BRUTAL 2011 HUSKER FOOTBALL SCHEDULE! We won't be able to make fun of those Cornboys next year.

The funny thing is that they will be playing a team with similar colors as the Buffs when it comes to the end of the year stuff.

Any good Iowa Hawkeye boards?

The Big Ten really did a nice job with this stuff...I hope Larry Scott and Kevin Weiberg were watching the show.

Seems like the Big 10 is sending NU a message with this opening schedule. I love it! The Big 10 did a great job with the whole cross division rivals who play every year (although it should've been Iowa/Wisconsin not Wisconsin/Minnesota). I'm gonna use this as the excuse for NU's pathetic OOC schedule this season.

:yeahthat:

On both accounts. I like how the Big 10 teams typically play a traditional style, and most of the teams have a devoted and large fan base. But yea, the noon EDT games are typically ho-hum, plus they're usually starting at 11 local time, which is simply too early to start a football game. I also give huge kudo's to Minnesota for moving to an on-campus, open-air stadium.

Seems like the Big 10 is sending NU a message with this opening schedule. I love it! The Big 10 did a great job with the whole cross division rivals who play every year (although it should've been Iowa/Wisconsin not Wisconsin/Minnesota). I'm gonna use this as the excuse for NU's pathetic OOC schedule this season.

LOL...you'll have to really build that depth up big time this upcoming season. Kind of funny the Big 12 schedule for the Huskers doesn't seem all that tough this year outside of Texas.

I disagree about Wisconsin/Iowa...I believe Wisconsin/Minnesota is bigger in that state and a nice way to accompany the Packers-Vikings in that state.

Possibly. I think Iowa will give Nebraska all they want. Also, Penn State is an animal in waiting. Once they get a young energetic coach on campus I think that program will take off again.

Penn State is a pansy that schedules non-conference games like Kansas State. Their record is padded every year with 3 wins... They got so much criticsm that that finally HAD to schedule a home and home with Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Alabama (not the same year ofcourse). Their 3 remaining non conf games are always Temple, and either Akron, Youngstown State, or any other subdivision school....

Brutal schedule for us in 2011, but I'm looking forward to it. I agree the Big 10 did a great job with the divisions and the cross match-ups.

LOL...you'll have to really build that depth up big time this upcoming season. Kind of funny the Big 12 schedule for the Huskers doesn't seem all that tough this year outside of Texas.

I disagree about Wisconsin/Iowa...I believe Wisconsin/Minnesota is bigger in that state and a nice way to accompany the Packers-Vikings in that state.
I know that Wisky/Minny is a trophy game (PB Axe) and they've had a long tradition, but if the Commish is serious about competition being #1 on their criteria, playing Iowa would certainly be more challenging to Wisky.

Big Ten football is as boring as it gets. And who cares about those midwest teams? No one actually goes to those states do they? You just fly over them.

Dumb post. There are more people in the Big Ten states than the Big XII states. More pro sports teams. Chicago > Dallas. Rose Bowl > Fiesta Bowl. Should I keep going?

Big Ten football is as boring as it gets. And who cares about those midwest teams? No one actually goes to those states do they? You just fly over them.

Last edited:
Would be VERY lop-sided in hoops. Fortunately, Delaney announced that every sport will schedule differently, so these divisions have no bearing on basketball. They will keep the 18-game conference schedule in hoops, playing 7 schools twice, and 4 schools once, rotating randomly.

Those divisions look great for football but a little lopsided for bball.

Who did they end up going with for cross division rivals? I know they had Michigan/Ohio State, and I have to assume Illinois/Northwestern. I assumed it would be Minny/Wiscy - that's a big rivalry, I think Bloblaw will back me up on that. But I couldn't really see any natural way to group ****braska/Michigan State/Iowa with Penn State/Indiana/Purdue. Although PSU would probably fit pretty well with either UNL or Iowa. I'm not sure anybody in the Big (Insert Integer) really considers either of the Indiana schools a big rival....

Who did they end up going with for cross division rivals? I know they had Michigan/Ohio State, and I have to assume Illinois/Northwestern. I assumed it would be Minny/Wiscy - that's a big rivalry, I think Bloblaw will back me up on that. But I couldn't really see any natural way to group ****braska/Michigan State/Iowa with Penn State/Indiana/Purdue. Although PSU would probably fit pretty well with either UNL or Iowa. I'm not sure anybody in the Big (Insert Integer) really considers either of the Indiana schools a big rival....

Michigan-Ohio State
Penn State-Nebraska
Illinois-NW
Indiana-Mich St
Purdue-Iowa
Wisconsin-Minnesota

Michigan-Ohio State
Penn State-Nebraska
Illinois-NW
Indiana-Mich St
Purdue-Iowa
Wisconsin-Minnesota

I thought PSU and Michigan State had a rivalry, or maybe it was just coincidence that they have always played at the end of the season since PSU has joined the Big 10. :huh:

I thought PSU and Michigan State had a rivalry, or maybe it was just coincidence that they have always played at the end of the season since PSU has joined the Big 10. :huh:

So Nebraska waltzes in and gets PSU as a rivalry game, while MSU gets stuck with Indiana?? If I were Sparty I think I'd be a bit pissed, aside from the fact that their schedule will be a ****load easier this way...

Nice try! That was your boy Pederson. The roadie at UW is respectable, but those other 3 games are ones that even KSU would scoff at.

Back