What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Big XII not expanding...for now.

That's what OU fans had been hoping/thinking for a while before they heard the SEC was calling.

OU fans are all over the place. Plenty just want out of the Big 12. Actually feeling sorry for them. I've never had a problem with OU.

from phone

Most interesting part from me is the speculation at the end that if the B1G goes to 16 teams that it just might do so by adding Kansas and Oklahoma.

Would be interesting to see how Kansas and OU would negotiate the battle resulting from cutting the cords that tie them to OSU and KjSU. This may be the only way that could ever happen with the choice coming down to each state either having only one power conference team or zero teams.

If the B12 fails the biggest loser could be Iowa State, most of the other schools would or could see some interest as other conferences scramble to pick off survivors. I could see the PAC going after OU and KU for example. Even OSU and KjSU would have some interest, Iowa State would be left out in the cold.

The source must be Castiglione or Jamie Pollard at ISU. Kansas has a new AD than 2010, and A&M and Nebraska aren't in conference

Most of the land thief fans I've talked to don't want to go to the $ec. They figure that a brutal conference schedule will be compounded by 2 ooc games of okie lite and tejass - the fans believe the conference move could only be made with a caveat of maintaining the rivalry games.

Yeah I don't think Oklahoma is cocky enough or stupid enough to want to go to the SEC. Texas, yes, but not OU. Kansas would be a great fit in the Big-10 so that would make sense but I just wish the BIG would have taken Missouri when they accepted Nebraska. The border war is a great rivalry.

I think BYU would work, but they would probably have to play some sports on Sunday and get rid of their network.
Why? Texas is allowed to have one. Seems like having one would be a positive for the conference to build off of. At least they would have someone with experience to consult with if they decided to create their own. BYU, UNLV, Houston make sense to me.

Why? Texas is allowed to have one. Seems like having one would be a positive for the conference to build off of. At least they would have someone with experience to consult with if they decided to create their own. BYU, UNLV, Houston make sense to me.

UNLV is another one of those schools that should make sense but doesn't.

Fast growing major metropolitan area but nobody there cares. They can't get anyone to watch them and so they don't bring any money to the table.

Some strange tweets out there today in the twitterverse. OU and UT playing the leverage game?

This morning, Dick Weiss tweeted

[tweet]625683293292396545[/tweet]

Brian Davis - UT beat for the Austin American-Statesman followed with

[tweet]625734412458684416[/tweet]
[tweet]625737564000010240[/tweet]
[tweet]625739287988936704[/tweet]

i just read this weekend that the XII has an expansion committee of 3 members (Borlen - OU, Gee - WVU, Starr - BU).

link

i just read this weekend that the XII has an expansion committee of 3 members (Borlen - OU, Gee - WVU, Starr - BU).

link
The dangerous part of having an official expansion committee is that those guys now all have great cover to go out and meet with schools from other conferences - ones that may just try and recruit them to their conference. I'm guessing that's why they appointed at least one member that no one would try and recruit away...

Yeah I don't think Oklahoma is cocky enough or stupid enough to want to go to the SEC. Texas, yes, but not OU. Kansas would be a great fit in the Big-10 so that would make sense but I just wish the BIG would have taken Missouri when they accepted Nebraska. The border war is a great rivalry.

B1G would have been smart to take NU, ISU, KU, KSU, and OU back when they were the Big 10(11) and looking to expand. Mizzou, aTm, UT, and OSU should have gone to the SEC. Buffs and Utah to Pac 12. Finally, Baylor and TTech left with their dick in their hands and joined the MWC.

Brian Davis is about to be very disappointed.

Yep, pretty sure the Big 12 just signed a grant of rights for the next 10 years. Don't think Baylor, ISU, KSU, KU, WVU and TCU will sign off on those teams leaving.

Yep, pretty sure the Big 12 just signed a grant of rights for the next 10 years. Don't think Baylor, ISU, KSU, KU, WVU and TCU will sign off on those teams leaving.

It's highly questionable whether a GOR is enforceable.

It's highly questionable whether a GOR is enforceable.

Reagrdless, Brian Davis shouldn't be making any plans for future business trips to the West Coast. Ain't gonna happen. I do love the standard UT arrogance that assumes they are wanted in the PAC 12.

Reagrdless, Brian Davis shouldn't be making any plans for future business trips to the West Coast. Ain't gonna happen. I do love the standard UT arrogance that assumes they are wanted in the PAC 12.

I know it would suck for us but I highly doubt the PAC would turn down Texas with a revenue sharing agreement in place.

B1G would have been smart to take NU, ISU, KU, KSU, and OU back when they were the Big 10(11) and looking to expand. Mizzou, aTm, UT, and OSU should have gone to the SEC. Buffs and Utah to Pac 12. Finally, Baylor and TTech left with their dick in their hands and joined the MWC.
That is some funny **** right there! No way the B1G takes ISU, KSU and OU. Those to the SEC makes sense.

That is some funny **** right there! No way the B1G takes ISU, KSU and OU. Those to the SEC makes sense.

OU they would due to a lot of factors. The commitment they've made to improving research (lots of Nobels on the payroll). They're also a large land grant, which the B1G likes a lot. And there's the money from them being an all-time elite program.

B1G would have. Pac-12 would have taken OU, without question. Anyone would. Just as NU would have still been taken if you guys had lost your AAU status earlier.

OSU being tied to their hip is the problem. No one that values academics is taking OSU. Or KSU. Some great programs at both schools as there are anywhere, but in total they simply don't measure up. ISU has everything you'd want: AAU, great fan support, newer facilities, rarely in trouble with NCAA... but they're missing the most important thing since they don't ring the register on a national basis and no one in the leadership of a conference rolls out of the rack wondering how they can capture the Ames media market.

The B1G taking OU would be quite a change from their academic profile of AAU schools for the CIC. Yes, kNU. But at the time they were still AAU.

That being said, don't disagree they wouldn't take them.

B1G is going to get to 16. Do they do it with the ACC or Big 12. Then what does the SEC do? Or do they or the PAC act first?

I know GOR, but I really believe we'll get a last reshuffle well before 2025.

from phone

Figured you'd like this post from one of UT's more arrogant asshat's. Every post from this dude - Texas is the center of the universe.

XOVERX said:
Distance was the reason given by DeLoss Dodds for nixing the PAC, basically too much wear and tear on the student-athletes.

I'm glad Boren seems to be excluding the PAC these days.

From Texas' pov, here's my take on the PAC:

Worst league for travel for Texas' student-athletes? Check.
Worst gameday tickets sold of the P4? Check.
Worst gameday TV ratings of the P4? Check.
Worst league network of the P4: Nope, 3rd worst (SEC & B1G are above PAC, way above).
Worst geography for a school east of the Rockies? Check.
Worst cross-marketing for a school east of the Rockies? Check.
Worst academics of the P4? Nope, 3rd worst (B1G & ACC are above PAC).
Worst TV time-slotting for games? Check.
Worst money-making league for Texas? Check.
Worst league for exposure for Texas? Check.
Worst league for Texas to lose hegemony within the State of Texas? Check.
Worst league for Texas A&M to ascend beyond Texas? Check.

What is it, exactly, that is supposed to be these huge, compelling reasons for Texas to migrate to the far, far west? The PAC makes zero sense for Texas.

Or Oklahoma

Figured you'd like this post from one of UT's more arrogant asshat's. Every post from this dude - Texas is the center of the universe.

Is the Big 10 really better academically than the Pac-12? Doesn't look like it to me.

Because they wouldn't leave OSU behind correct?

Hard to say. We would have needed two schools, and I know UT wasn't coming. I remember that Bruce Benson was pretty against UT when talking to the other school presidents.

Hard to say. We would have needed two schools, and I know UT wasn't coming. I remember that Bruce Benson was pretty against UT when talking to the other school presidents.

Yeah I don't see any conference turning down OU if it is only them. If they insist on bringing OSU that is a different story. And good for Bruce Benson.

Back