What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Biggest rivalries in college basketball.

BuffLuke80

Club Member
Club Member
Just off the top of my head, there are so many great ones. Louisville and Kentucky, UCLA and USC, Michigan and Michigan State, North Carolina and North Carolina State, Duke and North Carolina State, and of course the biggest one imho, Duke and North Carolina. I've been watching Game Day this morning and they showed a stat. Duke and North Carolina have played 100 times since 1980, both of them have won 50. That's crazy to me even if you tried to do that. If I forgot a rivalry or two, feel free to add it.

I could add Michigan and Indiana, Ohio State as well. I just look at Ohio State and Michigan more on the football side.

Purdue - Indiana

Could argue both sides of whether Duke - Kentucky qualifies.

Not sure where Michigan- MSU stands.

One of my regrets from time living in Raleigh is never seeing a Duke - UNC game at one of the campuses (did in the ACC tourney in Greensboro, but not the same).

Last edited:
Duke-UNC clearly sits at the top of college basketball rivalries. Syracuse-Georgetown was a good one when Syracuse was still in the Big East and they still play once a season. Missouri-KU was always up there, it's too bad they don't play anymore (at least I don't think they do)

Agree with all the old school Big East love. Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova, Temple.

How about Kansas - Mizzou, Kansas - Oklahoma... I never followed the Big 8, but that 1988 year kinda had to make the second a rivalry.

Noted we're probably far down from "biggest" into "big"

UNC gets beat by 20 on their home floor by Duke

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

UNC gets beat by 20 on their home floor by Duke

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF
How many games I've watched these two play over the years, idk, a bunch. Duke was just bigger and more physical at every position pretty much. I always remember Carolina teams in the past having size and depth. They have very little of either. Duke just ****ed around with them for the most part.

How many games I've watched these two play over the years, idk, a bunch. Duke was just bigger and more physical at every position pretty much. I always remember Carolina teams in the past having size and depth. They have very little of either. Duke just ****ed around with them for the most part.

UNC will probably make the tournament but they're in a dicey spot right now. They are now 0-7 in quad 1 games and after Duke there's no guarantees from the ACC to make the tournament. ND is in 2nd place in the ACC this year and they are currently projected in the first 4 out by Lunardi and their quad 1 record also sucks.

Last edited:
Back