What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bill McCartney

buff4bcs1985

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm Back!
Club Member
Appears to have gained entry into the College Football hall of fame

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS31m
College HOF announcement TUES & someone's dad long overdue #CU RT @MikeMcCartney7 It is awesome getting great news. Really pumped right now

Regardless of the clown behavior he has exhibited in recent times or my person opinion of him after his career ended... there is no doubt that he deserves to be there as a result of his coaching resume. Congrats Coach McCartney

Absolutely earned. He rescued a program from oblivion and for a 6-year stretch there wasn't anyone better.

^^^ While I understand your sentiment, part of what made him a great recruiter and team builder included that agenda.

^^^ While I understand your sentiment, part of what made him a great recruiter and team builder included that agenda.
Absolutely, I have spoken with a few parents from that era who said that his faith was specifically why they pushed their kid towards CU.

• Ted Brown, N.C. State RB, 1975-1978
  • Tedy Bruschi, Arizona State DE, 1991 to 1995
  • Ron Dayne, Wisconsin RB, 1996 to 1999
  • Tommie Frazier, Nebraska QB, 1992 to 1996
  • Jerry Gray, Texas DB, 1981 to 1984
  • Wayne Hardin, coach at Navy (1959 to 1964) and Temple (1970 to 1982)
  • Bill McCartney, coach at Colorado (1982 to 1994)
  • Steve Meilinger, Kentucky OL, 1951 to 1953
  • Orlando Pace, Ohio State OL, 1993 to 1996
  • Rod Shoate, Oklahoma LB, 1971 to 1974
  • Percy Snow, Michigan State LB, 1986 to 1989
  • Vinny Testaverde, Miami QB, 1983 to 1986
  • Don Trull, Baylor QB, 1959 to 1962
  • Danny Wuerffel, Florida QB, 1993 to 1996

Back