What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blaine Kerr is at it again

lvbuff

This time it is Florida State University and Jameis Winston.

will FSU be more vigorous in its defense than CU was?

This time it is Florida State University and Jameis Winston.

will FSU be more vigorous in its defense than CU was?

Would it be possible to be less vigorous. Is Cindy Carlisle on the Board of Regents at FSU?

I saw the story on the Title IX suit and thought of him. Is he really behind this one? :wow:

Is he really behind this one? :wow:

Winston’s accuser filed her complaint with the Office of Civil Rights in March. Baine Kerr, an attorney retained by the accuser, also commented to USA Today.

“The university went for the better part of a year without requesting her cooperation in any proceedings,” he said. “She’s consistently been willing to cooperate and assist a university investigation. She remains so.
“She remains willing to respond to any reasonable request for further information from the university so long as her safety is protected.”

Winston’s accuser filed her complaint with the Office of Civil Rights in March. Baine Kerr, an attorney retained by the accuser, also commented to USA Today.

“The university went for the better part of a year without requesting her cooperation in any proceedings,” he said. “She’s consistently been willing to cooperate and assist a university investigation. She remains so.
“She remains willing to respond to any reasonable request for further information from the university so long as her safety is protected.”
Hmm. I guess he's found his niche. I have no opinion on this case. He could have assaulted her. She could be gold digging. Who the hell knows anymore? One thing I do question. I'm not sure where the incident occurred. But if it was off campus, and I guess this is the same for the Lisa Simpson case, wouldn't it fall under the auspices of the city and not the university? Why would the university subvert a police/DA investigation?

Baine must have a good friend at the NY Times.

Three weeks after Mr. Winston was publicly identified as the suspect, the storm had passed. The local prosecutor announced that he lacked the evidence to charge Mr. Winston with rape. The quarterback would go on to win the Heisman Trophy and lead Florida State to the national championship.

After a Florida State student accused quarterback Jameis Winston of rape, the police did not interview him or obtain his DNA. Phil Sears/Associated Press

In his announcement, the prosecutor, William N. Meggs, acknowledged a number of shortcomings in the police investigation. In fact, an examination by The New York Times has found that there was virtually no investigation at all, either by the police or the university.

The police did not follow the obvious leads that would have quickly identified the suspect as well as witnesses, one of whom videotaped part of the sexual encounter. After the accuser identified Mr. Winston as her assailant, the police did not even attempt to interview him for nearly two weeks and never obtained his DNA.

The detective handling the case waited two months to write his first report and then prematurely suspended his inquiry without informing the accuser. By the time the prosecutor got the case, important evidence had disappeared, including the video of the sexual act.

“They just missed all the basic fundamental stuff that you are supposed to do,” Mr. Meggs said in a recent interview. Even so, he cautioned, a better investigation might have yielded the same result.

BlZA-n9CAAAN182.jpg

Back