What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blame the staff for this one

I am hoping someone can help me out here: aside from Irwin coming back, what exactly do we have to look forward to on the OL next year? That guys are just magically going to get much better because they are a year older?

Other than Lynott helping at guard and maybe Kaiser stepping up it is not looking good what so ever.

I am hoping someone can help me out here: aside from Irwin coming back, what exactly do we have to look forward to on the OL next year? That guys are just magically going to get much better because they are a year older?

The hope lies in the redshirt/greyshirt guys. Need JUCO bad though.

Why the need to blame? This game played out like it was set up to play out. Teams that have nothing left to play for usually shut down. The idea that CU still had a shot at a bowl game was very thin soup; not enough to motivate the coaches or players. Most of the players were playing in Olegbode mode, half assing it.

It looks like MacIntyre is up **** creek at QB next year if Liufau can't come back and Montez isn't a miracle hidden gem. I don't remember a HC clearly show his disdain for his QB in public like MacIntyre has for Apsay.
It staggers the imagination that people still think Liufau is going to improve, and that he is the end all and be all after watching Apsay. Apsay is not a world beater, but that is what a talented QB looks like.

Even assuming Irwin comes back, we will be downgrading at one of the tackle spots due to losing Nembot. Our guards have been off and on terrible, and they return. Only reason to assume any hope on the OL is guys getting older or guys redshirting this year that are talented enough to beat our the guys that played all this year.

But you already knew all that. Sigh.
My goodness, that is depressing....

the other wildcard is, of course, coaching changes at OL.

Unfortunately with the o-line, a coaching change won't make much of a difference outside of a few coaches in the country. There are probably a handful of prospects that can play as true freshman and not be a liability. Maybe someone can land a JUCO prospect though.

the other wildcard is, of course, coaching changes at OL.
I am a little slow to say Bernardi is not a good OL coach. First OL is probably the hardest position to critique as a fan, because to do so, you need to know the play, the blocking scheme, etc. Even though I played OL at a low level, I have no real idea who missed what unless I see a guy just flat out get beat by the man across from him (and yes, I see that happen....) Second Bernardi doesn't have much to work with. Munyer and Crabb really were the best OL last year (many argued and said Nembot was) but look at the OL now without those guys. Honestly, Munyer was probably the only one who would have cracked a 2 deep at another P12 school. Take those guys away and wow, the OL is exposed. So, I don't know how any OL coach is supposed to make a silk purse out of that.

Hope? Maybe Lynott is ready to provide an upgrade at one of the interior OL spots. Maybe Kaiser is ready to roll at a OT. Maybe Irwin comes back and stays healthy. Maybe CU gets a JUCO (two would be better) and cobbles together a cohesive five man unit that stays healthy. Lots of maybes there....

Despite RK's silly analysis about how to get CU to a bowl game, the team knew they were eliminated after the loss to USC. To come that close and then fall again had to be rough on the team. I'm not surprised they came out flat as a whole against WSU. I think it was true from the staff down through the players and fans.

Let's see if they can bounce back next week to try hard against Utah, or if they consider the season over.

Either way, I can't explain the HA game, but everything else pointed to an improved team that couldn't quite finish the job in most games. I still expect some additional improvement next year. Recruiting appears a bit better (hard to tell until Feb for certain) and most of the exciting players are back. If the team finds a win in Utah they will have exactly met - even exceeded a little - my pre-season expectations.

Gotta agree with azbuff on last night. WTF was up with MM wearing full blizzard gear? I don't think that sends a very good message to the guys- it just tells them it is cold and you are ready to get out of Pullman asap!

Insert Kiffin pic from El Paso
The better pic to insert is of Orgeran at CU two years ago. Everyone was making a big deal of how it was going to be the coldest game any of the SC players had ever played in, HS or college; 2nd or 3rd coldest game in SC's history.

Orgeran (I know I'm spelling that wrong, but not willing to look it up on phone), anyway, he comes out of the tunnel in short sleeves. I remember thinking, "well there went the weather advantage." That's how a HC sets the mentality for his team. I'm glad SC was stupid and didn't remove the "interim" from his title.

I am talking about next year. Then the year after he takes over for Kelley unless he has a disaster season and can't fix his snap issue.
Maybe, unless they move Kelly. Lynott has been playing center this fall FWIW.

Back