What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blog Exchange Better Off Red

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member
After a few week hiatus the AllBuffs blog exchange is back for our last big-12 game. I've traded a few emails with the guys at the fantake Nebraska Blog http://betteroffred.fantake.com/ regarding all manner of Husker and Buffalo news. We are still waiting on as few answers back but I thought I'd post the first round of questions they asked of us:

(1) Do you feel CU's perceived disadvantages around athletic department support (especially financial) in the Big 12 will be remedied within the Pac 10?

(2) What do you feel about the possibility of hiring a 70-year-old coach who has been out of the sport for 16 years? If that feeling is positive, how encouraged are you by Bill Snyder's recent success at Kansas St.?

(3) Who do you look to as a possible rival(s) in the Pac-10? (Is it Utah by default since most everyone else seems to be paired up?)

(4) With us both moving to new conferences next year it is unlikely that we'll play each other much if at all in the future, the death of these long standing rivalries is really the only downside to conference re-alignment, what parts of our series will you miss the most?

(5) How has CU's' view of Nebraska evolved over the years, from the Osborne era up to the Pelini regime?

I don't think they have anything up from our side yet but feel free to head over and check out their site: http://betteroffred.fantake.com/ and I'll update the thread as the day goes on.

edit: just went over and saw some interesting news re: Niles Paul also possibly being out.

Part two:

1). What has Cabral done differently to aid this remarkable turnaround? Is the team simply relieved to be rid of Hawkins? Has Cabral pushed his name into the mix for the permanent position?

2). Name two difference makers in this game -- two guys who Nebraska fans should pay attention to and who's good games could spell trouble for NU.

3). How important is this game to CU? It’s the last Big 12 game, the last NU game, and a chance for bowl eligibility in what outsiders would view as a potentially wasted season – is this a huge one?

4) Cody Hawkins is 30-49 for 468 yards 6 TD's and zero picks since dad left. I know it's only been two games, and Nebraska's been brutal to QB's this year, but is someone secretly ecstatic that he's not playing for dad anymore?

5) As strange as it sounds, this Colorado team has been incredibly resilient this year, going 4-0 after its two most crushing losses this year (the 52-7 thrashing by the now 5-6 Cal Bears and the KU meltdown). Has CU turned the corner?

After a few week hiatus the AllBuffs blog exchange is back for our last big-12 game. I've traded a few emails with the guys at the fantake Nebraska Blog http://betteroffred.fantake.com/ regarding all manner of Husker and Buffalo news. We are still waiting on as few answers back but I thought I'd post the first round of questions they asked of us:

(1) Do you feel CU's perceived disadvantages around athletic department support (especially financial) in the Big 12 will be remedied within the Pac 10?

(2) What do you feel about the possibility of hiring a 70-year-old coach who has been out of the sport for 16 years? If that feeling is positive, how encouraged are you by Bill Snyder's recent success at Kansas St.?

(3) Who do you look to as a possible rival(s) in the Pac-10? (Is it Utah by default since most everyone else seems to be paired up?)

(4) With us both moving to new conferences next year it is unlikely that we'll play each other much if at all in the future, the death of these long standing rivalries is really the only downside to conference re-alignment, what parts of our series will you miss the most?

(5) How has CU's' view of Nebraska evolved over the years, from the Osborne era up to the Pelini regime?

I don't think they have anything up from our side yet but feel free to head over and check out their site: http://betteroffred.fantake.com/ and I'll update the thread as the day goes on.

edit: just went over and saw some interesting news re: Niles Paul also possibly being out.

Our replies as posted here:
http://betteroffred.fantake.com/2010/11/24/blog-exchange-allbuffs-com-part-1/

BOR: Do you feel CU’s perceived disadvantages around athletic department support (especially financial) in the Big 12 will be remedied within the Pac 10?

AllBuffs: While I dont think the move will ultimately solve all of CU’s perceived athletic department issues I do see a lot of hope in the move. Mike Bohn rightly has gotten a lot of heat for his hiring record, what isnt seen is the other success he’s had: the bubble getting done, the Basketball practice facility being built, the more than doubling of donor numbers, the renovation of Coors, and the approved Flatirons Club renovations. Mike has done a good job on the business side of the AD; that along with increased conference revenues and exposure to our traditional recruiting and alumni grounds we all expect the chances for our entire AD to be successful to improve drastically.

BOR: What do you feel about the possibility of hiring a 70-year-old coach who has been out of the sport for 16 years? If that feeling is positive, how encouraged are you by Bill Snyder’s recent success at Kansas St.?

AllBuffs: Right now the Coaching search is running so fast and so many names are coming up that it is tough to feel much other than shear dread in some cases. To catch the Nebraska fans up out there we’ve been linked to: Belotti, Miles, Richt, Calhoun, Bienemy, McCartney, McElwain, Shaw, Fitzgerald and Dana Holgerson to name a few. There is a very strong pro-MacCartney camp with in the ex-players and booster group. Mac is notably younger than Snyder, watching an interview you’d be hard pressed to guess the age difference is actually 3 years and not closer to 10, combine that with the success of Snyder and to an extent T.O. as your new AD doesn’t make me hate the idea of Mac coming back.

BOR: Who do you look to as a possible rival(s) in the Pac-10? Is it Utah by default since most everyone else seems to be paired up?

AllBuffs: CU does have history with Utah, prior to 1963 CU and Utah played almost every year several times for conference titles, we own a 30-24 lifetime edge, and they wear red. Combine that with how the Pac-10 likes to have travel groups and divisional rivalries and I’d say we’ll ultimately be paired off with Utah as a “rival.” That said there is less than no love lost with Skippy and his band of powder-blue bears in LA, or for that matter UW who both of us battled in the early 90′s, and we all know USC cheats.

BOR: With us both moving to new conferences next year it is unlikely that we’ll play each other much if at all in the future. The death of these long standing rivalries is really the only downside to conference re-alignment – what parts of our series will you miss the most?

AllBuffs: Other CU fans will probably shoot me for this, but I’ll miss the Nebraska game, I’ll miss memorial stadium and I’ll miss being able to tell my family to leave me alone for four hours the Friday after every Thanksgiving. I’ll miss the fact that at least while I’ve been a fan the game has only been a blow out one or two times, and that for what it is worth there was real history between our two teams.

BOR: How has CU’s’ view of Nebraska evolved over the years, from the Osborne era up to the Pelini regime?

AllBuffs: For a lot of us the view of Nebraska has changed over the years many of us weren’t alive for the 0-25 run against NU and what we recall is a brief period in the 80′s where we fought tooth and nail with NU, a run in the 90′s where we couldn’t finish, then 2001 and the later Callahan Husker teams which lets be honest weren’t very good. So its gone from a program that defined our season because they were so good and so tough to beat, to a team we expected to beat under Callahan, to a team we aren’t real sure what to think of right now. Pelini we watch with: respect, disdain and confusion all at once; he’s done some impressive things in a short time but I can’t help but think sooner or later something will go very wrong. Perhaps had his bulging neck veins been wandering the sidelines in the 90′s CU could have found a way to go for the jugular. For the camp that can remember 0-25 or “Sal’s dead” their view hasn't changed much — it is still as best summed up by one of our admins:
“F*** Nebraska.”

Back