What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Blog Source- Big 10 & SEC To Expand To 16... Big 12 May Follow

Congrats Walter on finally going full-on troll. I knew you had it in you.

CU's record agaisnt Texas since 2000, for whatever that's worth.

L

10-14-2000

Boulder, CO

L

10-20-2001

Austin, TX

W

12-01-2001

Irving, TX

Big 12 Championship Game

L

10-30-2004

Boulder, CO

L

10-15-2005

Austin, TX

L

12-03-2005

Houston, TX

Big 12 Championship Game

L

10-04-2008

Boulder, CO

L

10-10-2009

Austin, TX

Predictably you are missing my point. Your insinuation was that the SWC was this powerhouse conference with which CU struggled. The reality is that CU performed quite well against Texas and the SWC until we began to suck in general (not just against the SWC, but against everybody).

You wanted to make it about Texas (which is my general complaint about Texans), but in this case, it was really about CU.

I'm liking this line up for an eastern pod of the Pac:

Colorado
Texas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
KSU
KU
Baylor
Tech

Not bad actually. I would be inclined to replace Tech with Iowa State and Baylor with Kansas State and probably dump Texas in that model for Nebraska. Then instead of a pod, they could all just play each other.

Not bad actually. I would be inclined to replace Tech with Iowa State and Baylor with Kansas State and probably dump Texas in that model for Nebraska. Then instead of a pod, they could all just play each other.

I know there is a Big 10,12,14,and 16 has anyone ever tried a Big 8?

I don't think Walter sees what you are doing there

CU's record agaisnt Texas since 2000, for whatever that's worth.

L
10-14-2000
Boulder, CO
L
10-20-2001
Austin, TX
W
12-01-2001
Irving, TX
Big 12 Championship Game
L
10-30-2004
Boulder, CO
L
10-15-2005
Austin, TX
L
12-03-2005
Houston, TX
Big 12 Championship Game
L
10-04-2008
Boulder, CO
L
10-10-2009
Austin, TX

go back and post the record from 90 to 99

I'm liking this line up for an eastern pod of the Pac:

Colorado
Texas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
KSU
KU
Baylor
Tech
qwop-cosplay-wins-comic-con-2012.gif

Predictably you are missing my point. Your insinuation was that the SWC was this powerhouse conference with which CU struggled. The reality is that CU performed quite well against Texas and the SWC until we began to suck in general (not just against the SWC, but against everybody).

You wanted to make it about Texas (which is my general complaint about Texans), but in this case, it was really about CU.

You're right. It's all cycles. CU was on top of the world, then not so much. That said, BU lost to Baylor three of the last four, but that goes back to the cycles thing.

Wow Bailor lost to themselves not once, not twice, but three times. That's gotta be a record.

If the Pac-12 ever becomes the Pac-16, it would probably stay North/South to split up CA. The only way it made sense to go East/West would have been if the Eastern Division could have dominated Texas by pulling in UT, OU, aTm & OSU to go with UA, ASU, UU and CU. With that setup, the money was through the roof. There's a possibility it could be made to work if KU came as a replacement for aTm because of the KC market. Frankly, I'm hoping that the SEC surprises us by stealing OSU with its expansion so that OU isn't joined at the hip with them. Pac-12 presidents would approve Oklahoma but they can't justify Okie Lite as easily from a culture & academics standpoint.

Baylor's a non-starter for the Pac-12 the same way that BYU is.

If the Pac-12 ever becomes the Pac-16, it would probably stay North/South to split up CA. The only way it made sense to go East/West would have been if the Eastern Division could have dominated Texas by pulling in UT, OU, aTm & OSU to go with UA, ASU, UU and CU. With that setup, the money was through the roof. There's a possibility it could be made to work if KU came as a replacement for aTm because of the KC market. Frankly, I'm hoping that the SEC surprises us by stealing OSU with its expansion so that OU isn't joined at the hip with them. Pac-12 presidents would approve Oklahoma but they can't justify Okie Lite as easily from a culture & academics standpoint.

Baylor's a non-starter for the Pac-12 the same way that BYU is.

The culture of the PAC makes much of the proposal a non-starter.

As you stated Baylor is a non-starter, just not going to happen. I also don't see either Okie State of K-State ever being welcomed into the PAC, they are simply to far away academically. Even Tech would have to make huge investments and strides before the PAC presidents would look at them.

It is hard to imagine the PAC ever going to 16. I could see, though still unlikely going to 14 if they could add OU and Kansas. Texas would give a huge inroad into the Texas media market but they would only be welcomed as an equal member, no special treatment and that just rubs against what the Texans believe they are and deserve.

I think the Pac 12 is fine just as it is. More is not always better. That said, adding OU and UT would be interesting, if it was football-only. The distances are too great for the other sports.

Back