What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bo Pelini hates Nebraska fans too

Here's the problem they have in fuskerland: Bo is probably as good as they're going to get. Long gone are the days when players and coaches wanted their names associated with Nebraska Football. Now it's just another school in a crappy city in a crappy conference. If they fire Bo, they better have a good replace him with, and they better have that guy lined up and ready to go pretty soon after Bo is fired. If they drag it out for a while, it'll be like the Bill Callahan fiasco all over again.

Here's the problem they have in fuskerland: Bo is probably as good as they're going to get. Long gone are the days when players and coaches wanted their names associated with Nebraska Football. Now it's just another school in a crappy city in a crappy conference. If they fire Bo, they better have a good replace him with, and they better have that guy lined up and ready to go pretty soon after Bo is fired. If they drag it out for a while, it'll be like the Bill Callahan fiasco all over again.

Considering that Turner Gill and Jim Grobe were the other known candidates for the Fusker job when Pelini was hired, you may be on to something. For all the history, fan support and resources, it looks like a job where expectations are going to be through the roof while recruiting is going to be a challenge.

Considering that Turner Gill and Jim Grobe were the other known candidates for the Fusker job when Pelini was hired, you may be on to something. For all the history, fan support and resources, it looks like a job where expectations are going to be through the roof while recruiting is going to be a challenge.

Turner Gill, even more than Frost, really understands the unique red glory that is nebraska. Frazier would be an excellent OC, I might add.

Tired joke is not tired for me.

Pride and arrogance of the NU faithful will get him fired. He is on record disparaging the classiest fans in college football and he cannot win big games. His days are numbered and NU will continue their slide.

Turner Gill has the mighty Liberty University Flames out to a solid 2-1 start for the season. I agree. He should be hired right away.

Nebraska fans are just now starting to catch on but the Nebraska name isn't what it used to be. As Sacky says they are no longer associated as one of the "elites."

There are coaches who might consider them because they have a big budget and a strong fan base but the days of picking and choosing are over.

Recruiting is a whole other issue. Again a trip to a game in stinkoln is impressive but a bunch of other schools can also show off big crowds, nice locker rooms, and halls full of pictures of former stars. The problem is that the top kids tend to think in right now and nebraska isn't looked at like an elite destination. They go to bowls but not the top ones, they are on TV but not as high profile as a lot of other schools.

The conference change hurts them a lot in recruiting. They aren't going to make make big inroads into the territories of Mich, tOSU, etc. At the same time they used to rely on recruiting Texas for their elite athletes. Part of that was promising them at least one trip every year to Texas and/or Oklahoma where their family and friends could see them. That's over and getting those kids to come to the cold plains is now that much harder. Their offensive system also doesn't attract top kids like it used to either.

They have to much committed to the program to ever be truly bad. As long as they continue to play Northeastern Central Barber College and Southwestern Talentless State they will win enough games to get a bowl game every year but they are a long ways from being in the elites of college football with a hard path in front of them if they aspire to get back.

Turner Gill, even more than Frost, really understands the unique red glory that is nebraska. Frazier would be an excellent OC, I might add.

Tired joke is not tired for me.

For a DC, they had great success once hiring a man named Charlie McBride. A man with Colorado ties. They should probably revisit that strategy in rounding out Gill's staff. Ron Collins and Greg Brown would both seem to meet the criteria, and both are probably available for the right price...

Nebraska fans are just now starting to catch on but the Nebraska name isn't what it used to be. As Sacky says they are no longer associated as one of the "elites."

There are coaches who might consider them because they have a big budget and a strong fan base but the days of picking and choosing are over.

Recruiting is a whole other issue. Again a trip to a game in stinkoln is impressive but a bunch of other schools can also show off big crowds, nice locker rooms, and halls full of pictures of former stars. The problem is that the top kids tend to think in right now and nebraska isn't looked at like an elite destination. They go to bowls but not the top ones, they are on TV but not as high profile as a lot of other schools.

The conference change hurts them a lot in recruiting. They aren't going to make make big inroads into the territories of Mich, tOSU, etc. At the same time they used to rely on recruiting Texas for their elite athletes. Part of that was promising them at least one trip every year to Texas and/or Oklahoma where their family and friends could see them. That's over and getting those kids to come to the cold plains is now that much harder. Their offensive system also doesn't attract top kids like it used to either.

They have to much committed to the program to ever be truly bad. As long as they continue to play Northeastern Central Barber College and Southwestern Talentless State they will win enough games to get a bowl game every year but they are a long ways from being in the elites of college football with a hard path in front of them if they aspire to get back.

...and Wisconsin just scored again.

just spoke with a nub fan. he acknowledged that although they would never be as good as 1997 again, it was reasonable to expect big red to always be a top 15 team, even in the big 10, with a conference championship every few years. :lol:

just spoke with a nub fan. he acknowledged that although they would never be as good as 1997 again, it was reasonable to expect big red to always be a top 15 team, even in the big 10, with a conference championship every few years. :lol:

sadly, that sounds remarkably like a liver quote re: the Buffs circa 2002 or so.

With their resources, support and legacy, I think that is a reasonable expectation for fans. I hope it doesn't happen, but I think the fans should expect that. I expect that for CU.

always top 15? you kidding me? That's not CU's normal level. Also, things have changed for the nubs. I think their new normal is lower than their old normal.

...and Wisconsin just scored again.

and again. . . . . .

They will beat the non-conference pansies they schedule each year and win enough off the bottom feeders in the B1G to be bowl eligible each year. They will frequently get a better bowl than their record deserves because of the red clad hord looking for an excuse to get out of the Nebraska winter and spend money, and they will get beaten much more often than not in that bowl as well as by the upper end of the B1G.

The Wiscy game shows again that they can't just go out and line and beat the quality teams simply on talent anymore.

Did you ask him when the last time they won one was?

always top 15? you kidding me? That's not CU's normal level. Also, things have changed for the nubs. I think their new normal is lower than their old normal.

I expect CU to get to being Top 25 nearly every year with every recruiting class making a run into the Top 10 during his time here. It won't happen overnight, but that's where I expect our program to be.

Actually, that's what I expect for most CU programs other than XC and Ski where I expect to be in the mix for a national title every year.

Waylon. The mods need to get you avatar rights.

CU fans act like fans. So do nebraska's. We just don't claim to be the classiest anything. You're a good egg.
if the mods gave me the gift I would run with it for sure..... And I gots me a lot of fresh matrial.:nod:

Looks like somebody else tried to dispel the myth of "classiest fans" a few years ago.

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-football/commentary-nebraska-fans-mar-exit/nRTfC/

I found this one when looking for the article written in the Kansas State rag which essentially said, "nebraska fans are like any other fans--except they don't know it."

Rep to anybody that can find that article.
Kinda like this one?.. http://www.bruinsnation.com/2013/9/15/4731808/the-morning-after-part-2-nebraska

FIFY. And you know why they resemble any other fan base? Because they are like any other fan base. Standing around after beating Lower Montana A&M by 50 points and giving them a condescending round of applause to go along with their check and ass whipping can disguise it for a while, but when it all comes right down to it they react just like any other fans. Some are classy, some are assholes, some are patient, some are reactionary, some are having sex with livestock (wait, that's mostly only you guys. And CSEwe...).
i have worn opposing colors to Creighton events against NU in Lincoln so I can verify you are right but it is a small small percentage of bad fans when I compare it to my three times in Boulder. Those trips all had a higher rate of dickheadedness by multiple groups. No pissing match intended my friend Junk.... JMHO.

I want to go to the CU game in Lincoln. Have CU beat the complete **** out of them and then after the game is over stand up and yell "where us our ****ing applause"

i have worn opposing colors to Creighton events against NU in Lincoln so I can verify you are right but it is a small small percentage of bad fans when I compare it to my three times in Boulder. Those trips all had a higher rate of dickheadedness by multiple groups. No pissing match intended my friend Junk.... JMHO.

Apples and oranges. We're nice to other fans, and I suspect that nebraska fans are nice to other schools not named CU. You need to wear CU gear to game in lincoln and see how that goes.

Back