What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Board of Regents meeting TODAY about moving to Pac-10 in 2011 or 2012 at 5 pm

Sounds like they got it done and DiStefano needs approval on the new figure and exit date. This could be a HUGE day for the Buffs.

:fingerscrossed:

:holdingbreath:

I am shocked that CU and Nebraska are not working together on this...

I think the difference is the Big Ten wants NU right away, and the Pac 12 prefers that we defer to '12.

Where did you get that? I don't think the Big 12 or the Pac 10 wants 11 teams next year. It benefits everyone for CU and the nubs to be in their new conferences next year.

I heard from a fairly reliable source yesterday that this is a done deal -- CU to Pac 10 in 2011. I'll wait to pop the champagne cork until after the meeting, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

I think the difference is the Big Ten wants NU right away, and the Pac 12 prefers that we defer to '12.

The Pac 10 would love to have Colorado in 2011 because it would mean a Pac 12 Championship game & new TV contract for much bigger $$$ than what they are getting right now.

I would think that with CU in the Pac starting in 2011 this would then clarify things so that this nasty little coaching situation could be the next thing to focus on.

The Pac-10 would hate to give up the potential of 10-15 million dollars for the first Pac-12 CCG next year. Therefore, FALSE!!!

Pardon me if I'll wait to get something a little more official than a news release from the UT propaganda department.

Don't you need 12 teams for a championship game? Utah is not joining until 2012 correct? If we join next year and Utah does not the PAC still will not have a championship game next year.

The bigger question is if NU is telling the B12 to pound sand on the exit fee, why aren't we doing the same?

I just think it's two different negotiating tactics. I think NU realizes there will be a penalty, but have decided that employing a hard line on the issue may be more to their benefit. CU is looking at it from the standpoint of they will have to give up something, but by negotiating in good faith, they may be able to get a better deal than by siccing their lawyers on the B12.

JMHO.

2011 would be much better than 2012 at 5:00 PM. But one question, why would we move at 5:00 PM instead of, say, 2:30 PM?

Chip Brown is definitely WRONG about 1 thing......

"Colorado and Dan Hawkins will be leaving for the PAC-10 in 2011."

Methinks he is wrong about that..... unless he has inside information that Hawk has locked down the special teams coordinator position at Arizona State....

I just think it's two different negotiating tactics. I think NU realizes there will be a penalty, but have decided that employing a hard line on the issue may be more to their benefit. CU is looking at it from the standpoint of they will have to give up something, but by negotiating in good faith, they may be able to get a better deal than by siccing their lawyers on the B12.

JMHO.
NU can tell the Mack 10 to pound sand all they want. The exit penalty will be withheld from their portion of the conference distribution, they simply won't have a choice. They can sue the conference but that will only serve to hopefully collect the undistributed funds they think are due.

Makes me wonder about the smile on Larry Scott's face...is he wearing a black and gold tie at the Pac-10 offices today?

I'm certain that all the Pac-10 teams will pay extra to get Coach Hawkins' fine product on their schedules immediately. I'd be surprised if they don't try to rework their 2010 schedules after CU's performance against Cal.

NU can tell the Mack 10 to pound sand all they want. The exit penalty will be withheld from their portion of the conference distribution, they simply won't have a choice. They can sue the conference but that will only serve to hopefully collect the undistributed funds they think are due.

Chip Brown said that the Big 12 has stopped sending money to CU and NU.

Correct. The Mack 10 has an issue, though. They promised A&M, OU and UT $20MM/Yr. Some of that was supposed to come from the exit penalties from CU and NU. The more the exit penalties get whittled down, the more the conference has to come up with to placate those three. Particularly the wack jobs in Collie Station.

Back